Roast Fans getting Warnings and Booted for Being too Loud

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
they have separated the crowd into drinkers and non-drinkers. maybe they separate into easily offended and not so easily offended....

Not what I have seen

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Not what I have seen

so i'm be more precise. they have separate the stadium into wet and dry areas. maybe they should allocated some seating to those that want to remain quiet and other areaas for those who want to shout and swear. They could also have some areas put aside for attractive people like myself and put the ugly people into their own areas... that would make many of us happy.

so i'm be more precise. they have separate the stadium into wet and dry areas. maybe they should allocated some seating to those that want to remain quiet and other areaas for those who want to shout and swear. They could also have some areas put aside for attractive people like myself and put the ugly people into their own areas... that would make many of us happy.

Well this is the 1st Time I have Heard that as I rather be with people who don't Drink

the first twit that the 7sport article quoted was by a collingwood fan who said that he wouldnt be attending footy matches last weekend. does 7 get the joke?

Doubt It

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gil in meeting with Marvel Stadium manager today and will speak at press conference tomorrow.
This should be good. Nothing has changed...blah, blah, blah.
He will need a good spin to tell us nothing has happened and that meeting was about nothing. I suspect we are seeing the very start of the Gil death spin. Awesome if that is so because outside of some ignorant pc agenda they dont seem to have a lot of direction.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Well this is the 1st Time I have Heard that as I rather be with people who don't Drink
Unfortunately for you TD the crossover between those who don't drink and don't want swearing at the footy is going to be much higher than the crossover between those who drink and want swearing at the footy.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Like the review system, it is not the idea that is the problem but the people being used within the process.

Did anyone else see the footage of the security guy entering the field to stop two players wrestling in the GWS game. He was stopped by the third umpire. If this guy doesn't know that he shouldn't be doing that then is it any wonder someone lacking that footy knowledge can't see the difference between swearing and barracking loudly. If this wasn't a multi million dollar business it would be laughable.

I am all for getting rid of the tossers who fight or spew racist, homophobic remarks but get the right people to run the process for you....not people off the street with the afternoon off.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Like the review system, it is not the idea that is the problem but the people being used within the process.

Did anyone else see the footage of the security guy entering the field to stop two players wrestling in the GWS game. He was stopped by the third umpire. If this guy doesn't know that he shouldn't be doing that then is it any wonder someone lacking that footy knowledge can't see the difference between swearing and barracking loudly. If this wasn't a multi million dollar business it would be laughable.

I am all for getting rid of the tossers who fight or spew racist, homophobic remarks but get the right people to run the process for you....not people off the street with the afternoon off.
I didn't see that! Maybe Jeff Kennett was right about (some of) the people they have working in that position!!

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
I didn't see that! Maybe Jeff Kennett was right about (some of) the people they have working in that position!!
I'm not sure it has anything to do with race but it sure has a lot to do with football knowledge on and off field. When you see something like that, then you can only assume there is limited training offered regards being a security person at the footy.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with race but it sure has a lot to do with football knowledge on and off field. When you see something like that, then you can only assume there is limited training offered regards being a security person at the footy.
A caller to SEN, employed by the security company said they're employing people with no understanding of the game or people management skills.
They don't care, it's all about the cheapest labour available.
Probably links in to what Kennett said too.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
A caller to SEN, employed by the security company said they're employing people with no understanding of the game or people management skills.

Thanks for the first part as it links into why they are doing such a bad job.

As to Kennett, not having or being trained with the technical skills to do a job has nothing to do with race or how long you have been in the country. Plenty of people born in Australia who have no idea about footy culture would do an equally poor job with no training or upskilling.

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm thinking similarly, the link to people who have newly arrived though does taint the discussion.

Just shows they only care about $$$$$ and Foreign Labour is the Cheapest

Back