No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Burns is our forward coach apparently? What could possibly go wrong...
Look, I’m old school. Unrealistic in the modern caper perhaps but would love to bring back Dermott and Bungie as our forward coaches. Would be simple.
“Listen you campaigners, this bloke is your key forward, ****in kick it to him. As for the rest of you twits, get around him and shark any crumbs” .
or "you two..... run in different directions and whichever one the spare defender goes with, we'll kick it to the other one."

Last edited:
Not AFL related but it won't cop a mention in the media this week...
yesterday u15s East Brighton v Ajax. East Brighton coach was sick so Clarko took the reigns (his son plays for them) and they won with the last kick of the day... How awesome for those kids to be coached by the GOAT!

Fab, thanks for sharing !!

Not AFL related but it won't cop a mention in the media this week...
yesterday u15s East Brighton v Ajax. East Brighton coach was sick so Clarko took the reigns (his son plays for them) and they won with the last kick of the day... How awesome for those kids to be coached by the GOAT!
Haha, that's awesome. How pissed would the other coach be! Came so close to beating the GOAT!

2009 - Rhys Healey,
2012 - Rhys Palmer,
2012 - Rhys Cooyou,
2013 - Rhys Palmer
2014 - Rhys Stanley
2017 - Rhys Mathieson

All these guys are Rhys With a spoon.

The Clarkson interview on AFL 360 tonight displays what a total biased flog and total sycophant that Whately is, and the bathwater drinking populist slogan dribbling tosser that Chris Scott is.

Not one question was asked to Clarkson about Hawthorn's team performance.....something that we actually might be interested in.

The air in the studio was rotten. Whately can't speak Hawthorn's name unless he is gleefully indulging in schadenfreude.

When they played the Stratton pinching vision they had music not dissimilar to the movie Jaws.

The Clarkson interview on AFL 360 tonight displays what a total biased flog and total sycophant that Whately is, and the bathwater drinking populist slogan dribbling tosser that Chris Scott is.

Not one question was asked to Clarkson about Hawthorn's team performance.....something that we actually might be interested in.

The air in the studio was rotten. Whately can't speak Hawthorn's name unless he is gleefully indulging in schadenfreude.

When they played the Stratton pinching vision they had music not dissimilar to the movie Jaws.

Old mate Slobbo was trying to get a quote out of him. It just wouldn't come. He then started playing the mental health card at the end. Again deadbat from Clarko.

Old mate Slobbo was trying to get a quote out of him. It just wouldn't come. He then started playing the mental health card at the end. Again deadbat from Clarko.
I'm amazed he was even acknowledging Slobbo's presence. He dislikes the guy immensely and it was actually quite amusing Slobbo trying to get a reaction out of him and Clarko was basically like "I see what your doing it's not going to work". Handled the interview with aplomb.

I'm amazed he was even acknowledging Slobbo's presence. He dislikes the guy immensely and it was actually quite amusing Slobbo trying to get a reaction out of him and Clarko was basically like "I see what your doing it's not going to work". Handled the interview with aplomb.
Thought Clarko did really well on all fronts.
Didn't get as riled with the line of questions as you guys as I kind of expected that they would be asked.
Thought it was awesome the reasoning that Clarkson gave to not being one to break contracts as he felt obliged not to let down those who have came to the club for him both on and off the field and that reasoning remained in place going forward.

Whately can't speak Hawthorn's name unless he is gleefully indulging in schadenfreude.
I found he was very complimentary of us during the threepeat. He was often acknowledged just how great and dominant we were. And he did so without backhands like "compromised drafts" or fantastical tales of "rorting free agency".

Clarkson was great: he presented the “can we leave it to the tribunal?” message with aplomb.
Ignored Slobbo’s drivel and answered his own questions.

And there was a fair bit of Hawthorn “don’t explain and don’t complain” in his approach.

Clarko is too good for politics but he’d make a great politician!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Saints are offering Cogniglio $1.4 million a year. They think it will make them a top 4 side with their other talent.

Even if they get him, it's a dangerous ploy. With Hanners on 800k for 4+ years thats 2.2 million on 2 (1.5) players so the pot is less for the other 38. They may find others squeezed out if they are promising. Of course they may play for less for the chance to win premierships! With St Kilda! lol. All this with AFL largesse, as the club has a large debt.

Yeah. I'm still salty that they beat us.

*, on the other hand outplayed us. We were inept, but they were well coached when we play with such dysfunction.

Apparently Saints are offering Cogniglio $1.4 million a year. They think it will make them a top 4 side with their other talent.

Even if they get him, it's a dangerous ploy. With Hanners on 800k for 4+ years thats 2.2 million on 2 (1.5) players so the pot is less for the other 38. They may find others squeezed out if they are promising. Of course they may play for less for the chance to win premierships! With St Kilda! lol. All this with AFL largesse, as the club has a large debt.

*, on the other hand outplayed us. We were inept, but they were well coached when we play with such dysfunction.

Billing’s is out of contract too. Tipping Carlisle didn’t come cheap either.

Look, I doubt we will offer that sort of coin, but I’m hoping our facilities, our coach and our history gets him thinking about more than money

I’m fully expecting Stratton to be dealt with harshly at the tribunal. IMO if it wasn’t for the noise around it I’d be happy with a fine for the pinching and the same for the stomp. But, I think to make a stand he will get 3 weeks.

But what we have with the niggly crap in the game is an unintended consequence of preventing players doing something about it. John Platten tells the story of Dean Chiron going over the top and about 14 blokes volunteered to get him - Dermott did the job.

Rugby League is plagued with niggle in the tackles and in stoppages (hair ruffles etc) since the no punch rule came in. Half-backs niggling front rowers knowing nothing can be done about it unless he can be lined up in a tackle which is unlikely given the positional structures.

We need the thuggery out of the game but we also need the cheap uncourageous nonsense out too. Stratts will be the poster boy for it like Barry Hall was the poster boy for outlawing thuggery (among other players to be fair).

I just can't see why anyone would pay that money for Cogs. He's a really good player, but Cripps is probably the only player I would even consider shedding that sort of money to today.

Norf will be loving this though and probably send the Saints some flowers !!

Would like to say a personal thank you to Jaidyn Stephenson for taking the media spotlight off of our club for the day.

If there's one thing the media love more than sinking the dagger into Hawthorn, it's a Collingwood related drug or gambling story. But it won't be long until they dig up something else Hawthorn related to resume the natural "everybody hate Hawthorn" order , so let's enjoy the 4 hours out of the spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back