JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Agreed, he produced in a fully fit side that was firing on all cylinders and steam rolling all comers to the flag. But can’t do it in a depleted side and doubt he’ll ever hit that form again
No he was brought in because they were desperate to have a goal kicker up forward...one eyed Jack was out!

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes as these are two different levels.
He was shown up last year that he couldn’t meet the standards of AFL and the club threw him a lifeline. So they could see the same things wrong with him and it was proven against the Cats his time was up at AFL level . Next please.
Speaks volumes when we offered to find him a new home for free and no one was interested!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
He hasn’t produced since 2017, despite you thinking so. 2018 was poor, his outing against Geelong putrid. I’m sure you don’t even believe the stuff you post.
Of course not he has'nt been playing in the side regularly since 2017...his sole outing was after a broken leg and lacking big game time to pick up the speed of the game...if Towner had been given a block of games and had not produced an effective outing...then yeah i would think calls for his flicking would be justified. But one game..pfftt..

Burning bright

Senior List
May 28, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Of course not he has'nt been playing in the side regularly since 2017...his sole outing was after a broken leg and lacking big game time to pick up the speed of the game...if Towner had been given a block of games and had not produced an effective outing...then yeah i would think calls for his flicking would be justified. But one game..pfftt..
One of our most smartest football brains at the club is Grigga, in the talking tigers PODcast after the Geelong game he made some very interesting comments regarding Towners role to protect Lynch in what he saw as illegal tactics adopted by oppositions defenses to mitigate our big forward.

Grigg commented that Towner who has come off a significant leg fracture would have been good for the run.

We do not have anyone that has the same presence of menace on the field that Towner brings you saw that before the ball was bounce he was into the defender leaning on Lynch from the get go. Also, coupled with a proven finals performer who is a very reliable set shot at goal no arguing a valuable combination.

But I acknowledge this hard old VFA type footballer would not be a favourite of the tree hugging snowflakes but each to their own they are more likely to have a poster of Gillon McLachlan than Towner in their sports room.

1560823019499.png

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond

Please explain his largely ordinary 10 games in 2018 and subsequent delisting??

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Excuse maker! Just unable to acknowledge a footballer can play a bad game.
No not really Towner is human, of course he can play an occasional bad game just like the best of them, that's not my beef!
My beef is that he was under utilized, horses for courses is how Towner ought to have been managed...hitman forward or hitman tagger...against selected sides.

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
No not really Towner is human, of course he can play an occasional bad game just like the best of them, that's not my beef!
My beef is that he was under utilized, horses for courses is how Towner ought to have been managed...hitman forward or hitman tagger...against selected sides.

Give up this obsession with 'hitman' and l'late hits' ... it doesn't do the side any good and Towno can't keep up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Townsend's finals record:
- 2 kicks (1 off the ground), 1 handball (3 disposals), 1 mark, 3 tackles, 2.0 v Geelong, qualifying final 2017
- 7 kicks, 3 handballs (10 disposals), 1 mark, 5 tackles, 1.1 v GWS, preliminary final 2017
- 4 kicks, 4 handballs (8 disposals), 2 marks, 5 tackles, 2.0 v Adelaide, grand final 2017
Averages: 4.3 kicks, 2.7 handballs (7 disposals), 1.3 marks. 4.3 tackles, 1.7 goals

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
Townsend's finals record:
- 2 kicks (1 off the ground), 1 handball (3 disposals), 1 mark, 3 tackles, 2.0 v Geelong, qualifying final 2017
- 7 kicks, 3 handballs (10 disposals), 1 mark, 5 tackles, 1.1 v GWS, preliminary final 2017
- 4 kicks, 4 handballs (8 disposals), 2 marks, 5 tackles, 2.0 v Adelaide, grand final 2017
Averages: 4.3 kicks, 2.7 handballs (7 disposals), 1.3 marks. 4.3 tackles, 1.7 goals

Most over inflated impact in recent memory :)

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
You've banged on for two weeks about a 'late hit' on Dangerflop, which is the only thing you can recall that he did in a woeful game v Geelong and keep telling us why he should play. Obsession!
No most of my Towner posts on here are in reply to yours that put Towner down! Not sure who has the bigger obsession here!

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
One of our most smartest football brains at the club is Grigga, in the talking tigers PODcast after the Geelong game he made some very interesting comments regarding Towners role to protect Lynch in what he saw as illegal tactics adopted by oppositions defenses to mitigate our big forward.

Grigg commented that Towner who has come off a significant leg fracture would have been good for the run.

We do not have anyone that has the same presence of menace on the field that Towner brings you saw that before the ball was bounce he was into the defender leaning on Lynch from the get go. Also, coupled with a proven finals performer who is a very reliable set shot at goal no arguing a valuable combination.

But I acknowledge this hard old VFA type footballer would not be a favourite of the tree hugging snowflakes but each to their own they are more likely to have a poster of Gillon McLachlan than Towner in their sports room.

View attachment 694432
Best.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

View attachment 694432
Exactly...

Towner is actually quite fast. His problem is, and always has been, that he can't find the ball.
I feel for him there though, he won a Liston finding plenty of ball but the role he played in the ones wasn’t about getting the footy and it would be a pretty tough gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back