Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate him, had a poor game against GWS. Still worked hard and played a part in his own end to end goal.

Still unsure why he's singled out increasingly in a team that has more than its fair share or players who butcher the ball and/or don't cover defensively.

I rate him, had a poor game against GWS. Still worked hard and played a part in his own end to end goal.

Still unsure why he's singled out increasingly in a team that has more than its fair share or players who butcher the ball and/or don't cover defensively.

Yep, especially given your judgement is questioned if you single out Turner, McDonald or MacMillan when they stink it up.

Has been guarding space well defensively, and runs his guts out. But more than a few times I've seen blokes waltz past him within tackling vicinity. It's all well and good to run, and run, and run, but it's what you do from there that makes you a good player.

I like the guy and thinks he's been more than serviceable, but if this is his level then I see him getting pushed out eventually.

Been on the froggy freight for a few years now but his last few weeks have me a little worried. Used to be very reliable with his disposal so hopefully he's just going through a rough patch.

Looks fit to me

Issue is he is slow and that’s not going to change
I did not realize you had to be quick to play.
Don’t think Ziebell or Cunnington or McDonald did and they’ve all copped it too

What’s your point?
My point is you originally only mentioned one player in Trent Dumont that did not go up a notch when there where many players that did not go up a notch . You only singled out Dumont for some reason.

Its a mystery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not realize you had to be quick to play.

My point is you originally only mentioned one player in Trent Dumont that did not go up a notch when there where many players that did not go up a notch . You only singled out Dumont for some reason.
Its a Dumont thread?

Then why did you bring up Ziebell Cunnington and Mcdonald in a Dumont thread.
So your asking me why I only singled out Dumont in a Dumont thread when others were equally as poor and when I acknowledge that point of yours you disallow it on that front also?
The midfield was s**t mate. Dumont was s**t. We move on.

s**t he's one of the purest footballers on our list. He has busted his gut to get where he is, and he and Polec are a grouse wing combo.
I don't even think he's been that bad of late, disposal not as good as it can be perhaps but Christ as our 6th/7th mid atm he is absolutely fine.
Will never be a star but is a very good footballer and will be better than solid for us for a long time.

Yeah, i dunno about Dumont.

One part of me really likes him and tries, another part thinks he's limited ability.

Does he make GWS team? Cats? That is where we need to get to and I'm not sure he'd be part of their midfields.

Solid player, so I'm not trying to knock him unfairly.

As I said - you can't have 22 Dangerfields. He is a 6/10 who has potential to be a 7.5 or so. You are pretty quick to write off our players, especially those who are more role player types. I'm sure I'm too parochial but have a bit of faith in who we have.

No he is isn't.

Certainly not yet at least.

Unless applying very low standards he is an average, handy mid. Which is fine but lets be sensible.

as our 6th/7th mid atm he is absolutely fine.
Will never be a star but is a very good footballer and will be better than solid for us for a long time.

6 out of 10 is "very good" is it?

Glad you aren't teaching my daughter.

I didn't write him off. Get your facts straight.

Last edited:
**** he's one of the purest footballers on our list. He has busted his gut to get where he is, and he and Polec are a grouse wing combo.
I don't even think he's been that bad of late, disposal not as good as it can be perhaps but Christ as our 6th/7th mid atm he is absolutely fine.
I'm backing him post bye to start hitting his kicks and getting back to the footy he played on the back end of last year.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

**** he's one of the purest footballers on our list. He has busted his gut to get where he is, and he and Polec are a grouse wing combo.
I am with you perfectly summed up could not have said it any better myself that describes him to a T.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back