List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're dreaming personally.

The fact Adelaide, Port, WCE and Freo are seeking to have changes to the selection criteria tells me you're likely wrong.

Kym LeBois grew up in Ceduna before shifting to Adelaide and playing for the Roosters and he had definitely shown enough to be claimed surely ?

Possibly but as I said no one here seems to have any clear understanding of what the criteria is. All guess work for all us

Can we actually find someone to ask who might know definitively?

Since I remember reading as a trade off for getting access to more indigenous players we might have to give up access to players born overseas, do we want any changes to not come in until after the 2020 draft (when we've got our mitts on James Borlase) ?

Worst case is changes wont come in soon enough and we don't have NGA rights to Dudley, changes come in before 2020 draft and we lose rights to Borlase ... and on top of it, Edwards decide not to nominate F-S with us - we get donuts.

Can't see anything that suggest pt Lincoln is off limits for regional players.
The crows page specifically says regional zones aligned to Central which would make Dudley eligible. Unless you can post a link saying otherwise then it's you making up crap
This is the part where you apologize.
Please see attached email from PAFC laying out how they don't have access to indigenous talent from Eyre Peninsula, and therefore Pt Lincoln.
So now that we have sorted out that Pt Lincoln and Metro indigenous kids are exempt from our academies, the reality is we won't be getting Dudley.
_20190618_135246.JPG

Please see attached email from PAFC laying out how they don't have access to indigenous talent from Eyre Peninsula, and therefore Pt Lincoln.
So now that we have sorted out that Pt Lincoln and Metro indigenous kids are exempt from our academies, the reality is we won't be getting Dudley.
View attachment 694508
So which players might be eligible under the African/Asian/CALD categories via NGA for Crows?

View attachment 694508

Congratulations you actually done what I asked and provided a link to the question I asked.
Going by that the club's are hoping the entire zone is included which would make Dudley eligible if done next year.

Congratulations you actually done what I asked and provided a link to the question I asked.
Going by that the club's are hoping the entire zone is included which would make Dudley eligible if done next year.
You said I was writing crap. You said this because you lacked any knowledge of the matter. Daring me to get you proof or im a liar is pretty poor form, one you should apologize for.

You said I was writing crap. You said this because you lacked any knowledge of the matter. Daring me to get you proof or im a liar is pretty poor form, one you should apologize for.

Your opinion means nothing without anything backing it up. I simply asked to provide a link to prove it or it would look like you were talking crap.
This is the real world where facts over opinions is respected. I don't respect adults that carry on like children when called out to provide facts.

Your opinion means nothing without anything backing it up. I simply asked to provide a link to prove it or it would look like you were talking crap.
This is the real world where facts over opinions is respected. I don't respect adults that carry on like children when called out to provide facts.
It wasn't my opinion. It was a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 694508
Do you have an email from the AFC outlining the status of Isaiah Dudley?

An email from the Paps is vaguely interesting, I guess, but not an actual answer.

Who at the club can we ask?

It seems odd that Isaiah Dudley played for us as recently as the Crows Academy vs Power Academy game.

How would he even get access to the Academy if he doesn't qualify? Can any good indigenous kid get a spot?

An email from the Paps is vaguely interesting, I guess, but not an actual answer.

It’s a good question, who could we ask?

There are posters on here who have some contacts, perhaps they could ask

No, just one to clear up the fact that Pt Lincoln is exempt from NGAs.
I think our club can invite anyone they want into their academy, its just wether they qualify for draft concessions for us.
Anzac Lochowiak was down as an academy member as was his brother, yet when the AFL released the names of eligible NGA kids their names weren't on the list. Same goes for Tyrone Milera.

No, just one to clear up the fact that Pt Lincoln is exempt from NGAs.
I think our club can invite anyone they want into their academy, its just wether they qualify for draft concessions for us.
Anzac Lochowiak was down as an academy member as was his brother, yet when the AFL released the names of eligible NGA kids their names weren't on the list. Same goes for Tyrone Milera.

This NGA needs to be scrapped asap. If NM can get the best player out of Tasmania last year is a disgrace. The AFC has not done its work properly. I blame Burton like all things. The Vic club are using it to bypass the draft,

At this point. But just wait till the rules get changed before 2020.

Surely if the AFL made a change to the rules, they would give clubs let clubs know well before the draft, so that clubs have time adjust their strategies.

If they changed in June of 2020, then it should only apply to future drafts and that year’s academy players still count.
That’s the way a professional league would do it anyway.

#5 Isaiah Dudley (Central District)
Arguably the best afield, Dudley is full of talent and stands above the rest despite being just 162cm tall. Also caught the eye at last year’s Under 16 carnival with his nous around goal, and produced the same kind of play here with clever touches at ground level and four high quality majors. Looked to make an immediate impact with his first shot coming in the opening minute, but only really started to take over after quarter time. Harassed well inside 50 to give Morgan Ferres his second goal, and played a key part in Harry McInnes’ first with a steal and break through the corridor. Would find the goals himself shortly after with a lovely snap, and made another intercept to slam home a second. Continued on with the first goal of the third term and his fourth in the last, capping off a top-notch display. Has great agility and smarts, definitely one who will garner attention despite his height.

Good news I suppose
From pick 40 onwards....I mean its something but its not really that generous is it?
Interesting comment in the article considering GCS are now chasing a PP

"Full details are yet to be clarified to clubs, but the change is not expected to come into effect until 2020. The AFL is mindful of protecting the first two rounds of the draft from further compromise."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back