Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does Brand hold his spot?
Absolutely not. Chip (seasons worst game last week) and Timmy as our key backs. Brand is ok when the ball is in the air but he is cringeworthy when the ball hits the deck! Terrible decision to bring in him and leave out Lewis last week when Mitch was 1 straight kick away from having a real breakout game at AFL level (couple of massive grabs in the last quarter on Harris Andrews who is an absolute gun).

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Absolutely not. Chip (seasons worst game last week) and Timmy as our key backs. Brand is ok when the ball is in the air but he is cringeworthy when the ball hits the deck! Terrible decision to bring in him and leave out Lewis last week when Mitch was 1 straight kick away from having a real breakout game at AFL level (couple of massive grabs in the last quarter on Harris Andrews who is an absolute gun).
Couldn’t agree more - I reckon that selection last week was the worst i can recall in Clarko’s time.

But what the hell do i know....... Maybe Lewis didnt do something specific that he was asked. The players get lots of KPI’s or tasks and if they dont do them repeatedly they will pay a price.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In: Lewis, Ross, Howe
Outs: Stratton, Brand, Glass

B: Stratton Frawley Sicily
HB: Hardwick O’Brien Burgoyne
C: Scully Sheils Henderson
HF: Bruest Ceglar Ross
F: Moore Lewis Puopolo
Fol: McEvoy O’Meara Worpel
Int: Smith Gunston Cousins Howe

EDIT: just realised I still had Stratton. Replace him with Impey

Last edited:

westhawk

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pittonet on the weekend: 21 disposals, 49 hitouts. He has taken huge strides this year.
Would prefer him over Ceglar. Would like to see him given the rest of the year in the seniors and see how he goes. Serves no purpose bringing him in for 1 or 2 games and then out again. Talk about fu**ing with his confidence.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

IF Ross is coming in then I believe it will be Moore coming out. It's not normal for us, because we've committed to giving Moore a decent run of games, but while we're piddling 50-70 points weekly it's tough to ignore a young bloke who's two goals off the VFL's top-scorer - he's also a decent link up player. The argument against the change is that we're probably suffering from revolving-door-syndrome as it is.

But for me, because there's little to lose this season and everything to gain:
In: Lewis, Ross
Out: Stratton, Moore

If I had it my way I'd also be pulling out someone for Teia Miles (probably Glass). I think he's exactly what we're missing from that back half. It seems like he sat on Clarko's sandwich sometime late last year though, I don't hold much hope.

Sorry to offend anyone here but I for one seriously don't care.

If you don't care, and sorry to offend anyone, there's really no reason you should have posted.

If you walk past a door that says "Singing Lessons Inside" you don't have to open the door and yell "I don't want any singing lessons!"

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers

Really like this !!!!

IF Ross is coming in then I believe it will be Moore coming out. It's not normal for us, because we've committed to giving Moore a decent run of games, but while we're piddling 50-70 points weekly it's tough to ignore a young bloke who's two goals off the VFL's top-scorer - he's also a decent link up player. The argument against the change is that we're probably suffering from revolving-door-syndrome as it is.

But for me, because there's little to lose this season and everything to gain:
In: Lewis, Ross
Out: Stratton, Moore

If I had it my way I'd also be pulling out someone for Teia Miles (probably Glass). I think he's exactly what we're missing from that back half. It seems like he sat on Clarko's sandwich sometime late last year though, I don't hold much hope.

He's not getting a game because he's not doing what the coaches want. He's cruising through racking up touches but his commitment to chase and apply defensive efforts leave a LOT to be desired.

You could pick apart our team in a million ways at the moment.
1 thing that's evident our scoring has declined every year since 2015, due to a number of reason the personal on the field and the ball movement are two reason. For mine the 2 rucks has not worked for years, it use to work when we had key forwards and they floated in not as the starting fwds.

So while i don't think we will make the finals atm or do damage in the finals, I want to see Roughy finish off his career in the 1's there is no sentiment in footy i know! At worst M.Lewis should be in the team every week we have no other key forwards in our 44.

You could try and get some more dash off our half back line with C.j or Miles. Maybe you could move Smith back to the Halfback line while Hendo and Scully are running hot. You could Move Impey,Silk forward to help Breust and Moore lock the ball in our fwd line.

Ins Scrimshaw,Cj,Howe,Roughy,Lewis.
This is where fans forget how good we had it. David Hale triple premiership player was solid as a ruckman but even better as a forward. Took a lot of pressure off the key forwards and made other teams key backs have more to worry about.

Has to be one of Lewis/Ross/Roughy coming in. Rough likes playing the Swans, surely he might get a run. Otherwise Ross would be great. Hope we can keep this one decent and play for some pride. And Buddy does nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoughysMullet

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In Roughy Lewis Ross (need some goals) Scrimshaw (if fit)
Out Stratton Brand (TOB plays CHB) Moore Ceglar (McEvoy can Ruck alone with Lewis providing relief)

B Hardwick Frawley Scrimshaw
HB Sicily TOB Impey
C Henderson O’Meara Scully
HF Gunston Lewis Ross
F Poppy Roughy Bruest
R McEvoy Worpel Shiels
Int Burgoyne Smith Cousins Glass

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is where fans forget how good we had it. David Hale triple premiership player was solid as a ruckman but even better as a forward. Took a lot of pressure off the key forwards and made other teams key backs have more to worry about.
Damn i miss David Hale. So rare to find a genuine Ruck/Forward all-rounder and he was definetly one. Also hard as a cats head going for the contested ball.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
If you don't care, and sorry to offend anyone, there's really no reason you should have posted.

If you walk past a door that says "Singing Lessons Inside" you don't have to open the door and yell "I don't want any singing lessons!"
offended I see, note I've already apologised.

Why did you feel the need to express offended.

Hawker1167

All Australian
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In Roughy Lewis Ross (need some goals) Scrimshaw (if fit)
Out Stratton Brand (TOB plays CHB) Moore Ceglar (McEvoy can Ruck alone with Lewis providing relief)

B Hardwick Frawley Scrimshaw
HB Sicily TOB Impey
C Henderson O’Meara Scully
HF Gunston Lewis Ross
F Poppy Roughy Bruest
R McEvoy Worpel Shiels
Int Burgoyne Smith Cousins Glass

I like - have Lewis as the lead up forward he can kick it 50 and leave Rough deep with Poppy etc under his armpit.

If Wingard and Scrimshaw aren’t ready yet, then we are lite on for options. Morrison, Howe and Miles aren’t knocking on the door for selection. Ross and Jones will both debut at some stage before the season finishes. I don’t think we will see Jiath debut this year as he’s still a category B rookie. I hope Ross is given a debut game this week. Now is a good time to reward him with a game while he has hot form.

RoughysMullet

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like - have Lewis as the lead up forward he can kick it 50 and leave Rough deep with Poppy etc under his armpit.
I think it’s a good setup moving forward... 2 x tall mobile forwards will stretch the opposition and give us some targets...
McEvoy has proven he can run out a game as the primary ruck with Lewis to pinch hit when he needs a rest..
Think Roughy still provides value at Full forward this season and we replace him with Patton or another tall for next year..
Makes Ceglar expendable in the trade period to hopefully net us some draft picks and we have Pittonet with Reeves developing behind him to replace McEvoy if injured..

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has to be one of Lewis/Ross/Roughy coming in. Rough likes playing the Swans, surely he might get a run. Otherwise Ross would be great. Hope we can keep this one decent and play for some pride. And Buddy does nothing
My goodness, bring all three in and suddenly we have a functioning forward line!
Surely using Roughead as an onfield tutor for Lewis and Ross in the seniors is much more product than what is happening at the moment!!!

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As much as it pains me to say this but I think Brand has to stay in the team. We don't have anyone else that can reach high enough to spoil Reid.
Screenshot_20190619-200201_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back