Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Does anyone else have the problem where watching Redman play, his gamestyle looks very familiar but you can't quite put their finger on exactly who he reminds you of?

Aggressive in the air and on the ground, defends well, backs himself in, quality disposal. There are quite a few of those players both now and in the past but Redman reminds me of someone and buggered if I can recall who it is.

Regardless, I love watching him run around for us and look forward to when my mind can drop that comparison thought and I instead start comparing others to the way Redman plays, and at this rate it shouldn't be long before it happens.

Does anyone else have the problem where watching Redman play, his gamestyle looks very familiar but you can't quite put their finger on exactly who he reminds you of?

Aggressive in the air and on the ground, defends well, backs himself in, quality disposal. There are quite a few of those players both now and in the past but Redman reminds me of someone and buggered if I can recall who it is.

Regardless, I love watching him run around for us and look forward to when my mind can drop that comparison thought and I instead start comparing others to the way Redman plays, and at this rate it shouldn't be long before it happens.
Reminds me of Goddard

v6xflbecx1lx.jpg

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Taller Wanganeen

He actually reminds me of James Kelly when he became a defender.

I'd go with Enright tbh.

Whenever he is near the ball I just feel calm and that he will win the contest. Which is not something I expected about someone with so few games and isn't something you feel about other players who have played 100.

I think he is one of the rarer cases where his football ability is matched by his physical ability from the time he came in down back. Doesn't seem slow, seems strong over the ball, seems to have a good tank. Then throw in he does all the basics well.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I'd go with Enright tbh.

Whenever he is near the ball I just feel calm and that he will win the contest. Which is not something I expected about someone with so few games and isn't something you feel about other players who have played 100.

I think he is one of the rarer cases where his football ability is matched by his physical ability from the time he came in down back. Doesn't seem slow, seems strong over the ball, seems to have a good tank. Then throw in he does all the basics well.

If we can get out of Redman what Geelong got out of Enright, I'll be an extraordinarily happy man. I can see where you're going with that comparison too.

Being emotionally tied to the results of their team and being affected by what people think of your players is a pretty common football fan mindset.
For better or worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

He playsike Wellman with the aggression and upright posture of Mark Johnson.

He's definitely a throw back to something good and something in the red and black but he's not a clone of any individual (except Goddard at least superficially).

Edit: actually it might just be AA McPhee.

He may just be the best young player and the best prospect on the list (I.e. anyone from 2014 onwards).

Last edited:

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
He playsike Wellman with the aggression and upright posture of Mark Johnson.

He's definitely a throw back to something good and something in the red and black but he's not a clone of any individual (except Goddard at least superficially).

Edit: actually it might just be AA McPhee.

He may just be the best you player as n prospect on the list (I.e. anyone from 2014 onwards).

I was going back further and thinking a bigger version of Dean Laidley, but I'm not sure whether my mind is playing tricks on me so not sold on the comparison as yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back