Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Izak Rankine - 1 week!!! WOOHOO!!!!
This is my optimistic prediction for next Tuesday's injury report. Scheer played over the weekend and Miller failed a fitness test last Thursday, so they should back. Fletcher and Schoenfeld seem to be precautionary, so unless it is updated otherwise I have them slated for next week. Best case scenario is that 42 AFL listed players will be available for selection.
InjuredStatusReturn
Touk MillerTestRound 15
Brad ScheerTestRound 15
Izak RankineTestRound 15
Aaron YoungTestRound 15
Pearce HanleyTestRound 15
Jordan MurdochTestRound 15
Sam FletcherTestRound 15
Josh SchoenfeldTestRound 15
Sam Collins2 weeksRound 16
Sean Lemmens2 weeksRound 16
Ben Ainsworth2 weeksRound 16
Jack Bowes5 weeksRound 19
Rory Thompsonseason2020 Preseason
Harrison Wiggseason2020 Preseason

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is my optimistic prediction for next Tuesday's injury report. Scheer played over the weekend and Miller failed a fitness test last Thursday, so they should back. Fletcher and Schoenfeld seem to be precautionary, so unless it is updated otherwise I have them slated for next week. Best case scenario is that 42 AFL listed players will be available for selection.
InjuredStatusReturn
Touk MillerTestRound 15
Brad ScheerTestRound 15
Izak RankineTestRound 15
Aaron YoungTestRound 15
Sam FletcherTestRound 15
I reckon Murdoch might be a little bit more and Hanley possibly the same but encouraging either way.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
InjuredStatusReturn
Touk MillerTestRound 15
Brad ScheerTestRound 15
Izak RankineTestRound 15
Aaron YoungTestRound 15
Sam FletcherTestRound 15
McLennan was reported as injured for NEAFL game. Wondering if anybody has any details about him.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon Murdoch might be a little bit more and Hanley possibly the same but encouraging either way.
Finally some good news just around the corner with Rankine expected to play his first match for the club since the JLT Community Series following the bye. Hanley and Murdoch would also be an outside chance of returning, while Youngshould also come into consideration. - Michael Whiting

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Schoenfeld has had surgery on his knee. Saw it on his IG story.
"Surgery" is a bit vague. You can have knee surgery and walk out of the hospital the same day without assistance or else you can spend a few days in bed hooked up to an epidural on morphine and be done for the season. Was it exploratory or reconstruction?

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This depth chart shows the 42 players designated to return after the bye or shortly after.
The 3 columns show the selected team from last week, the next 20 players available for selection at their position and the players with versatility to play another position. The 2nd column is not the NEAFL team, it shows the possibilities for how each team will be selected. The 3rd column does mean 3rd best either, as that player could be selected in that position and create a vacancy elsewhere.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
"Surgery" is a bit vague. You can have knee surgery and walk out of the hospital the same day without assistance or else you can spend a few days in bed hooked up to an epidural on morphine and be done for the season. Was it exploratory or reconstruction?
Going from an IG story I have no idea. But his knee was wrapped from thigh to shin. Didn't look minor, but just guessing tbh. I'm sure we will find out soon :)

Also great to see that injury list not looking too bad.

Lemmens only 1 week away
Touk and Hanley should be available this week
Collins 1-2

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
6 possible returns for this week, with Miller and Scheer not making the sponsored injury list. Add to that Senior emergency, Josh Corbett, and there is once more a list of up to 40 players who will be considered for selection this week. In fact, once Bowes and Ainsworth return, it will only be Thommo and Wigg on the list providing no fresh injuries decimate the list again. Imagine if we actually achieved 46 fit players and could select two sides made up of 100% listed players. This injury list may have cost us some games in the middle of the season, but I think the fitness and injury management team has done very well to get the group back on the practice field.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
6 possible returns for this week, with Miller and Scheer not making the sponsored injury list. Add to that Senior emergency, Josh Corbett, and there is once more a list of up to 40 players who will be considered for selection this week. In fact, once Bowes and Ainsworth return, it will only be Thommo and Wigg on the list providing no fresh injuries decimate the list again. Imagine if we actually achieved 46 fit players and could select two sides made up of 100% listed players. This injury list may have cost us some games in the middle of the season, but I think the fitness and injury management team has done very well to get the group back on the practice field.
View attachment 698239

That's long list, the last time peoples here applaud fitness and management department, some bad thing start to happen and this list just getting longer every week. I'm one of them so not going to jinx it this times. If I am not mistaken Weller is the one injured after all the positives news.

That's long list, the last time peoples here applaud fitness and management department, some bad thing start to happen and this list just getting longer every week. I'm one of them so not going to try to jinx it this times.
Not really a long list if you take away those who are tests (most likely available this week) and nobody is over 5 weeks.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
View attachment 698239

It is an optimistic list. Maybe all 6 don't pass their test. Maybe players will take a week or 2 extra. Still way better than this time last year and has the potential to produce some really strong teams as the season comes to a close. This could be like 2016, when there was a 10 game losing streak that began the moment Steven May knocked out Stefan Martin and continued until the 2nd match after the bye when the Suns won 3 of the next 4 and shocked the competition. Overall, they were competitive for 8 out of the last 9 games, which is what we want this year's group to do.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm a bit surprised Hanley is coming straight back in the 1s. Normally he requires a bit of a gallop to get up and going, but not complaining. Clearly we're missing his ball use badly.
I guess seniority applies for Miller and Hanley. There is also the delicate matter of contract extension negotiations for Pearce or whether he might be looking at retirement. He has played 23 out of a possible 57 games, but if he can get through the final 9 games without further injury then I think a resume of 32 from 66 is a pass mark for his contract extension. I hope he doesn't retire, but a season-ending injury might change the conversation, which would be a tough way to bow out and a letdown considering he never truly performed at the elite level consistently for the Suns.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
This depth chart shows the 42 players designated to return after the bye or shortly after.
The 3 columns show the selected team from last week, the next 20 players available for selection at their position and the players with versatility to play another position. The 2nd column is not the NEAFL team, it shows the possibilities for how each team will be selected. The 3rd column does mean 3rd best either, as that player could be selected in that position and create a vacancy elsewhere.

View attachment 695029
Are you missing Jack Bowes?

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are you missing Jack Bowes?
The 40 players are the guys I optimistically expected to be fit this week. Jack and a few others won't come back onto the depth chart until fit. I need to remove Schoenfeld, who has had knee surgery (thanks Sunny), and Fletcher, who was TBC and now misses longer than anticipated. At this stage, it looks like 40 players will go to Sydney, which is good news for the NEAFL team as they will face a strong Swans side at Blacktown.

Ah Chee. Damn.

Will undergo surgery on a high ankle sprain injured during training. Sounds like out or the rest of the season.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ah Chee. Damn.

Will undergo surgery on a high ankle sprain injured during training. Sounds like out or the rest of the season.

I'm pretty sure the laws of nature say anytime someone says "our injury list is starting to look better" someone must then go down with injury.

Back