Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
No worries mate, but it reflects on you far more than those you sneer at. Because if you insist on the right to laugh at, ridicule, and sneer at those who have beliefs and culture they hold dear, there’s no escaping the conclusion that you’re an ignorant, intolerant, bigoted ****. You’re the problem, mate, not the faithful.

Translation: I couldn't rebuke your counter points, so I'm just gonna play the victim, cry a bit now and call you names so it makes it look like you're the bad guy

Sorry, mate, doesn't work, you offer nothing but vapid victimisms.

Adroyo

Debutant
Nov 20, 2018
Snowy Mountains, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Mt. Buller Demons
I went on a 10 day Vipassana early this year and loved it, 100 hours of meditation over the 10 days. I really like the Buddhist philosophy on life.

I try to live my life by- Treating people the way you would like to be treated and walk in another's shoes before judging.
That sounds awesome Jason. May I ask where you went? There's one near Canberra I've been looking at myself, but getting the time off work and travel has hampered me a bit. Something I'd love to do though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Translation: I couldn't rebuke your counter points, so I'm just gonna play the victim, cry a bit now and call you names so it makes it look like you're the bad guy

Sorry, mate, doesn't work, you offer nothing but vapid victimisms.

Translation: I can’t respond to that so I’m going to project upon you a “victim status” so everything you say can be disregarded rather than responded to.

I am not a victim. I am not religious. You are a bigot. You are a hypocrite.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
That sounds awesome Jason. May I ask where you went? There's one near Canberra I've been looking at myself, but getting the time off work and travel has hampered me a bit. Something I'd love to do though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I went to the one at Pomona, which is on the Sunshine Coast around 120km north of Brisbane, absolutely beautiful peaceful setting.

http://www.rasmi.dhamma.org/

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Divine Hiddenness and Human Reason - J.L. Shellenberg

S1. If a perfectly loving God exists, then there exists a God who is always open to a personal relationship with any finite person.

S2. If there exists a God who is always open to a personal relationship with any finite person, then no finite person is ever nonresistantly in a state of nonbelief in relation to the proposition that God exists.

S3. If a perfectly loving God exists, then no finite person is ever nonresistantly in a state of nonbelief in relation to the proposition that God exists (from S1 and S2).

S4. Some finite persons are or have been nonresistantly in a state of nonbelief in relation to the proposition that God exists.

S5. No perfectly loving God exists (from S3 and S4).

S6. If no perfectly loving God exists, then God does not exist.

S7. God does not exist (from S5 and S6).

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Translation: I can’t respond to that so I’m going to project upon you a “victim status” so everything you say can be disregarded rather than responded to.

I am not a victim. I am not religious. You are a bigot. You are a hypocrite.

You have been responded to more than adequately, you are just too busy crying about how everyone's mean and playing the victim to realise.

If at any time you got anything more to offer other than baby boy namecalling then let us know, until then, the adults are talking

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You have been responded to more than adequately, you are just too busy crying about how everyone's mean and playing the victim to realise.

If at any time you got anything more to offer other than baby boy namecalling then let us know, until then, the adults are talking

So called adult: "I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO RIDICULE, MOCK, SNEER AT AND DISPLAY BIGOTRY TOWARDS ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SHARE MY OUTLOOK ON LIFE!!!!"

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Of course. But understand that when you do, you are no better than the red neck in the street screaming at the African to “GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!” In fact you’re worse, because the redneck probably doesn’t purport to be more intelligent in his vilification.

What?

Who is calling for your deportation based upon your appearance?

You could be purple with pink spots and no one would know you were a christian until you told them.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Of course. But understand that when you do, you are no better than the red neck in the street screaming at the African to “GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!” In fact you’re worse, because the redneck probably doesn’t purport to be more intelligent in his vilification.

Nah.

In no way am I saying you can't believe in what you believe. Knock yourself out.

My problem is when you use that belief structure to try and rule the rest of us.

You have religion good for you, that doesn't mean the country has to be run by your religion.

It doesn't give you a free pass to discriminate because your "faith" tells you to.

As for the mocking? You guys love to mock. Seems you only like it when it's going in your favour though.....

Never once said you have to get out of the country.
Personal preference is that organised religion is banned as a "tax free haven" but meh.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Nah.

In no way am I saying you can't believe in what you believe. Knock yourself out.

My problem is when you use that belief structure to try and rule the rest of us.

You have religion good for you, that doesn't mean the country has to be run by your religion.

It doesn't give you a free pass to discriminate because your "faith" tells you to.

As for the mocking? You guys love to mock. Seems you only like it when it's going in your favour though.....

Never once said you have to get out of the country.
Personal preference is that organised religion is banned as a "tax free haven" but meh.

I see. So now we’re on full retreat is that it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I see. So now we’re on full retreat is that it?
Not at all.

I have admitted 1000 times over I loathe all organise religion. To me they are just cults that are trying to control countries to their own belief structure for their own profit.

But I've never once said I want anyone out of the country for practicing it.
Just don't force it on the rest of us.

I will continue to ridicule it though.
Any organisation that has protected pedophiles for decades deserves that and more.

Be honest about yourself. Makes life simpler.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Not at all.

I have admitted 1000 times over I loathe all organise religion. To me they are just cults that are trying to control countries to their own belief structure for their own profit.

But I've never once said I want anyone out of the country for practicing it.
Just don't force it on the rest of us.

I will continue to ridicule it though.
Any organisation that has protected pedophiles for decades deserves that and more.

Be honest about yourself. Makes life simpler.

Mate you've exposed yourself as a bigot and a fraud.

"I loathe all organised religion."

"I will continue to ridicule it though."

"Just don't force it on the rest of us."

What exactly IS your position? Is it "live and let live"? Or is it "I will continue to ridicule them"?

Are the religious allowed a vote? Are they allowed to vote as a block or should they be banned from organising politically? Because if they organise politically, they might be "forcing their beliefs down your throat". But if they're not allowed to, well, we have a discrimination problem don't we.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Are the religious allowed a vote? Are they allowed to vote as a block or should they be banned from organising politically? Because if they organise politically, they might be "forcing their beliefs down your throat". But if they're not allowed to, well, we have a discrimination problem don't we.

Good seperation of church/temple/mosque etc and state laws must ensure that, even if voting as a bloc, a select group such as Islamists or Evangelical Christians cannot hold sway over secular Australia. There is a bit of discrimination in this to be fair, but it is altogether necessary to preserve a version of Australia where many diverse beliefs can gather 'under the one roof' so to speak.

Is this evil?

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
So called adult: "I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO RIDICULE, MOCK, SNEER AT AND DISPLAY BIGOTRY TOWARDS ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SHARE MY OUTLOOK ON LIFE!!!!"

Ease up on the capslock there, babyback. There is crying but crying with capslock just make you seem even more annoying than you already are

If you think calling god "sky fairy" is bigotry then you don't know the meaning of the word. Yet again confirming that you are eager to play the victim and have a cry about how mean everybody else is to poor lil you

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Why is it religions think they have the right to force their garbage onto everyone else.

Most people who love fairytales just enjoy it and don't feel the need to push it on others.

Not cults.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lel, I'm not angry, but I'm angry... :p

Onya old bloke with the book

Nice little cameo from that chick towards the end

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
You need to scroll up for context.
REading your drivel once is more
ok let me put it this way

which of his books make any references to the apostolic theology of the church

if he was into that he wouldn't have been a Protestant would he?

to begin debating this topic with you, you must of course understand all forms of Christianity and the differences

take Russian orthodox philosophers for example who address him
solivyiv and berstagi
or dostoyevsky replying to Nietzsche urbemensch with the character elder zosima in the brothers karamazov!

The thing is.. we rarely come across eastern thinkers in the West!

so you would be excused to think the way you do

but nice to get a balance

and even nicer to understand what is being discussed in its entirety!

we can continue the discussion but again please understand the fullness of all this
Still no recollection of any book by Nietzsche you happen to have actually read. One will do,

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Mate you've exposed yourself as a bigot and a fraud.

"I loathe all organised religion."

"I will continue to ridicule it though."

"Just don't force it on the rest of us."

What exactly IS your position? Is it "live and let live"? Or is it "I will continue to ridicule them"?

Lol so you can't read either.

You really are pathetic.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Would it be fair to concede the possibility of the existence of some form of spirituality which is not fully or even partly understood?

Not necessarily a specific deity as such, more a type of consciousness (if that's the right word even) that "faith" is attempting to make sense of?

See the thing with "the science crowd" that I find a bit objectionable is this sense that they seem to think that if they can't explain it, or measure it, it doesn't exist.

Now had "the science crowd" locked into that view a thousand years ago, we'd be nowhere now.

And I fully acknowledge where science has taken us over thousands of years, well before even the idea of a christian god.

So I wonder whether society in 3030 might not laugh at society today for our relative lack of scientific knowledge and I wonder therefore whether "the science crowd" might be better served to laugh less and ridicule less those matters that they can't measure or don't understand. Which may include spirituality in some form.
There's no doubt that scientific knowledge 1000 years from now will be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now. I think you've taken the mindset that "the science crowd" are closed-minded when nothing could be further from the truth. As scientific knowledge develops, so will the views of "the science crowd".

In contrast to that, the religious crowd have unchanging ancient books that can only move with the times through new interpretations. The evidence rarely changes in any meaningful way, and they're based on the intellectually dishonest position that a final conclusion is made before evaluating evidence.

I don't feel the necessity to disprove any ideas that are presented without any accompanying objective evidence. Many spiritual and religious ideas are possible in the sense that they haven't been completely falsified, but that doesn't make them probable. Those spiritual ideas that we "can't measure or don't understand" include nonsense like horoscopes and palm reading.

Spirituality is the bastion of pseudoscientific charlatans that take advantage of the ignorance and hopes of people. If your view is that all of it potentially has validity simply because science doesn't explain what they claim to have answers to, I'd say you're gullible.

You seem to be assuming that 'spirituality' will fill some of the gaps in our knowledge, but don't provide any justification for that view. When has spirituality falsified any scientific theory?

Show me adequate objective evidence and I'll believe anything. Isn't that the definition of open-mindedness?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly the religious types overstep the mark. In any fight of this nature both sides will. But the amount of references I've seen to "sky fairies" and "sky pixies" on this thread alone far outweighs any offensive behaviour from the religious. Now people who ARE religious, rightly or wrongly, take it quite seriously. It is as much a part of their sense of self as another's sexuality or even race or skin colour. If offence is to be measured subjectively on the part of the offended, as society has dictated it must nowadays, then use of expressions like that are at best unhelpful and at worst outright bigoted.
If a sky pixie said that I deserve to be tortured for my unbelief, why can't I take revenge by calling it a sky pixie? Clearly I'm being the better man. ;)

You have some strange morals, mate. Torture is fine, but calling god a sky pixie offends you.

TheHeatleyStand

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2003
Iceland
AFL Club
Carlton
REading your drivel once is more

Still no recollection of any book by Nietzsche you happen to have actually read. One will do,
I named Nietzsche stuff mate

lol

you're making things up as you go along

I even told you where his stuff is in rebuttals
but you're making out as is Nietzsche is the be all or end all .. lol

do you agree with his work on say...
women?

I'm not sure mate... but I think I probably have you covered in philosophy

unless you're big thing is nihilism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back