Stratton joins WWE: Pinches, Stomps, Gestures

If it worked there would be no striking
If suspension worked there would be no striking either.
We get less because there are penalties but we still get striking

lysp

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
He didn't get suspended for pinching, he got suspended for misconduct.

Misconduct (based on this situation) is pinching enough times and hard enough to leave 6+ bruises.

Had it been a single pinch or a couple of times which didn't leave any bruises then there's no doubt he would have been let off with a fine.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
How many pinching bruises before it's a suspension?
Hard to quantify isn’t it? It’s not like pinching actually does any damage. People don’t like the look- big deal-it’s pretty minor on the scale of offensive acts on the footy field.
Should have been umpire warning him on the field- as in I will pay free kicks against you if you continue with that stuff.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
These kind of actions are worse for the look of the game than your average striking.

Spitting, Stomping, Pinching (Toby Green Style Foot in the face Actions), Striking players from behind and Chicken Wing type tackles to name a few. They are all actions that really damage the game (because they are the acts of flogs) and because of that should be treated with suspensions.

I don't think Stratton is a bad person at the end of the day. Rather just a normal guy who had some really shocking moments.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hard to quantify isn’t it? It’s not like pinching actually does any damage. People don’t like the look- big deal-it’s pretty minor on the scale of offensive acts on the footy field.
Should have been umpire warning him on the field- as in I will pay free kicks against you if you continue with that stuff.
Would be a pretty dumb player to actually get caught doing it by an umpire

lysp

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

If during a game I deliberately went and kneed you in the leg giving you a corky.

I then challenged you to a 100m sprint - who would win?

Yes - I didn't do any damage in terms of an injury - but I definitely introduced some pain in your movement giving myself an unfair advantage.

You can't compare these to things like holding the jumper which is a single isolated incident. These are things which will affect every single movement and your strength in marking contest for the next 20+ minutes - if not the game.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
If during a game I deliberately went and kneed you in the leg giving you a corky.

Yes - I didn't do any damage in terms of an injury - but I definitely introduced some pain in your movement giving myself an unfair advantage.

You can't compare these to things like holding the jumper which is a single isolated incident. These are things which will affect every single movement and your strength in marking contest for the next 20+ minutes - if not the game.
I don’t like the pinching but I am not comparing a pinched arm to a corky. If a pinched arm impedes you from going for the footy then you are probably in the wrong sport.

Last edited:

A proper corky is an injury, your muscle is bleeding, you get swelling, players miss games with them if they are bad enough

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fantasia did not complain after the game, seemed not to too much during the game, well done to him, a good lad.

I had a moment of day dreaming imagining if Stratton tried that on other players, past. A lovely day dream that was.

Fantasia did not complain after the game, seemed not to too much during the game, well done to him, a good lad.

I had a moment of day dreaming imagining if Stratton tried that on other players, past. A lovely day dream that was.
I'm glad Smack had the presence of mind not to deck him for the stomp as he no doubt would've got more than 2 weeks for the react no matter how much the mouthbreather deserved it.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
A
I'm glad Smack had the presence of mind not to deck him for the stomp as he no doubt would've got more than 2 weeks for the react no matter how much the mouthbreather deserved it.
A test of discipline and self control not all would have passed.

Pretty funny stuff from the AFL, Stratton gets a week because Fantasia bruises easily and the media ran with an anti-Hawthorn agenda

He’s been caught out, a terrible example to your club and to Auskickers.

It’s good that he’s ashamed of himself, he’s a terrible leader.

Good on the media for highlighting this.

Back