Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have thought this would happen.. it's like the Gimp going on a bus tour with Scandavian tourists in Mykonos and ending up with the Stavro the bus driver re.

Unfbelievable.

Bet Stavros is hot. He's the one for me. Those Scandinavians and their Ikea and their depressing television. No way.

Keep laughing Kap.

Keep sticking your head in the sand jmac. If this happened to a player from another team you'd have no issues with the punishment. Players betting on their own games is the 1st step towards spot fixing/match fixing and the entire competition being ruined. Not a big issue though, carry on :drunk::thumbsu:

There is no debate here so consider me out of it. The punishment can’t be changed, I’ve stated my view.

My concern now is his well-being.
He needs to train his arse off over the next ten weeks, which I’m sure he will. No doubt club will look after his well-being.

Keep sticking your head in the sand jmac. If this happened to a player from another team you'd have no issues with the punishment. Players betting on their own games is the 1st step towards spot fixing/match fixing and the entire competition being ruined. Not a big issue though, carry on :drunk::thumbsu:
One last time Kap, just for you. I accept that Stevo did the wrong thing. Where we differ is on the punishment. I believe it is too long, half that would have been closer to the truth.
He’s being punished to send a message to other players. The AFL love a sacrificial lamb, particularly a baby faced Collingwood player.

He needs to train his arse off over the next ten weeks, which I’m sure he will. No doubt club will look after his well-being.
I hope so. He’ll cop it on social media which will be very hard for him to manage.

One last time Kap, just for you. I accept that Stevo did the wrong thing. Where we differ is on the punishment. I believe it is too long, half that would have been closer to the truth.
He’s being punished to send a message to other players. The AFL love a sacrificial lamb, particularly a baby faced Collingwood player.

I think you just don't understand how serious this issue is, he's damn lucky he didn't get the full 22 weeks considering it was a teammate who dobbed him in rather than him coming clean on his own. Knew how wrong it was and even got upset after a game because one of his teammates didn't get enough touches for his multies that game. HE WAS WORRYING ABOUT HIS BETS DURING AN OFFICIAL MATCH

I think you just don't understand how serious this issue is, he's damn lucky he didn't get the full 22 weeks considering it was a teammate who dobbed him in rather than him coming clean on his own. Knew how wrong it was and even got upset after a game because one of his teammates didn't get enough touches for his multies that game. HE WAS WORRYING ABOUT HIS BETS DURING AN OFFICIAL MATCH
Yep, as I said, punishment too severe.

I can do this all day.

The first step is for the administration of the sport to become dependent on betting agencies. What happened today is a later step.

This kid is copping huge amounts of sh*t on social and mainstream media platforms right now from everywhere.
I keep forgetting how many sanctimonious, hypocritical flogs who lack any semblance of perspective there actually are out there.
I'm assuming they are all hate-filled opposition supporters because it would p*ss me off to no end to think anyone who supported our great club would want to pile on with those tools.

Are you drunk? 3 instances of borderline spot fixing on his own games and you think 5 games is the appropriate punishment... Thank God you're not in charge.
BTW, I loved your use of the CAPS lock key earlier.

Very convincing...

This kid is copping huge amounts of sh*t on social and mainstream media platforms right now from everywhere.
I keep forgetting how many sanctimonious, hypocritical flogs who lack any semblance of perspective there actually are out there.
I'm assuming they are all hate-filled opposition supporters because it would p*ss me off to no end to think anyone who supported our great club would want to pile on with those tools.
Some of them are on here too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mistake is an unintentional mishap. It wasn't a mistake. He knew it was absolutely forbidden by the AFL. It is drilled into them every year. He even confessed he knew it was wrong because his guilty conscience was getting a hold on him. It was a selfish, damaging action which could well affect our top two/top four finish. Decades ago, twenty year olds were fighting in wars and some were officers leading other young men into battle. Now, twenty year olds are just "kids" who don't know any better and need to be embraced by the club when they deliberately flout rules. Of course he needs to be forgiven and we have to move on but I would like to think Buckley let him know what a selfish, disappointing action he took.

Domus, I may disagree with you on some things but you speak the truth here.

If he's old enough to go to war and to be paid handsomely to play a game, he's old enough to understand the words "don't bet".

Remarkably foolish actions from a young man who have every impression of being smarter than that.

He'll serve his time and will feel every minute of it. But I don't feel particularly sorry for him as he's made his own bed. It's a toughh penalty but not unjustified. We can't have players betting on games under any circumstances.

Hopefully it's a lesson learnt and he emerges a smarter, wiser person from this.

Are you drunk? 3 instances of borderline spot fixing on his own games and you think 5 games is the appropriate punishment... Thank God you're not in charge.
I think it’s time for you lay off the jmac is drunk thing.

It’s actually very insulting - he’s being polite to you.

That said, I think the punishment is a bit too harsh but it is what it is.

I think you’re way over the top with spot fixing and what not.

They’re tiny bets not 10 grand on a bet. Nonetheless the punishment is to prevent other players being influenced by larger amounts and nefarious types that could lurk around like in cricket.

But anyway, dumb is as dumb does.

It’s 10 weeks. And that is that.

Last edited:

Stevo stated in his presser that he came forward on his own accord. His team mate didn't dob him in so don't know where you got that from. His 22 weeks is a substantial punishment in my book. He deserves the 10 weeks of being out for the remainder of the H&A season.

Stevo stated in his presser that he came forward on his own accord. His team mate didn't dob him in so don't know where you got that from. His 22 weeks is a substantial punishment in my book. He deserves every 10 weeks of being out for the remainder of the H&A season.

He wasn't planning to come clean until Howe heard about it, realized how serious it was and demanded he tell the club.

Shattered.
Won't be following the AFL for a while
Gillan can get ******.
Hope the ********** dies.
Slight over reaction.

Death is very final.

I thought he was a smart kid. Just shows ya eh. Mum and dad told him to fess up with you do something wrong. I just wish they sat him down and told him not to do stupid things. I just hope my russian betting app will give me odds on how many stupid things Pie players will do until the end of the season.....

Shattered.
Won't be following the AFL for a while
Gillan can get ******.
Hope the ********** dies.

Ok I'm really intrigued what the second blanked word was now.

Made a mistake he got his whack, I actually felt for the kid and was impressed with his press conference.

Life is all about mistakes, he ****ed up saw it was getting out of hand and owned up to the mistake.

I know people who know the kid, they are shattered, can't speak highly enough about him by all reports his a really good kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back