Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Lewis is a pretty good prospect, but he's a fair way off really being ready to play regular AFL footy. The suggestion he might seek to go elsewhere for more opportunity is laughable. Seriously, which club has lower stocks of key forwards than us? It seems fairly clear this is Roughy's last year which nominally leaves ML as our number one key forward. There aren't many clubs where he'd get a game at all let alone have the opportunity to play regularly.

Not to say I'm not looking forward to seeing how he develops, he's got some great attributes and seems like a good find for us. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Plus I reckon Clarko and co do have some idea of what they're doing and why.

Having a squiz at the HFC insta, there doesn't appear to be Ross or Lewis with the group in Sydney. Bit bummed about this.

Selection isn't a lottery. There will have been a reason they selected Roughead despite what people might consider unimpressive form in the VFL. Could simply be to do with the balance of experience and leadership with Stratton out.

Selection isn't a lottery. There will have been a reason they selected Roughead despite what people might consider unimpressive form in the VFL. Could simply be to do with the balance of experience and leadership with Stratton out.
or to finally play CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison the travelling emergency.

Looks like one change only. Rough for Stratts.

Morrison is in the 22 according to the team list.

Surprised to see Cousins out given how poor our midfield depth is. Also a bit shocked Brand held his spot. Maybe he will play forward to keep Allir accountable.

Morrison/Henderson might play inside at times. Roughie will have to play stints on the ball surely.

Still no Mitch Lewis and we drop another mid to weaken our midfield depth more and Glass holds his spot again...

Second week in a row I’m at a loss with our team selection
Cousins had been poor in his past couple. Maybe feeling the pinch of senior footy. Morrison has been very good for box hill by reports. He can play inside and outside so will make up for some of the absence of cousins. I expect glass to play inside also.

Morrison for Glass would have made more sense. Hope Cousins is more rest than dropped because he hasn't had it easy with lack of quality around him.

Would have expected Glass for Morrison.. Cousins although a bit down last week provides some midfield depth which where lacking..

Clarko must either be desperate for a win against his old mate Longmire to bring Roughy back, or has decided this is the perfect time to give him a sendoff. Bringing him in while leaving Lewis in the reserves doesn't make a lot of sense to me when we need to be looking towards the future, but maybe young Mitch is being disciplined for failing to stick to the gameplan or something like that.

I gotta be honest though, Hawthorn team selection in general hasn't made a lot of sense to me this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back