Preview Changes vs Fremantle

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha, that is complete ********. Vanders was a massive factor in the way we finished last season, and it was a huge coup to retain him.

The only error the club made in resigning him was not having a time machine to know that he'd injure himself again.

The 35 games in 4 seasons part might have been a clue. Hopefully he comes good when a medical professional steps foot in the club.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Compared to Jake Spencer's 38 games in 10 seasons he may as well be Boomer Harvey.

I'd take a witchdoctor at this point.

I fully applaud Jake's longevity in the game. He didn't play many games over his time at the club, but if there was such a thing as a game to talent ratio, he'd be right up at the pointy end of the scale. To think he jibbed himself out of another contract with the Dees by thinking he'd get a better offer somewhere else...

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha, that is complete ********. Vanders was a massive factor in the way we finished last season, and it was a huge coup to retain him.

The only error the club made in resigning him was not having a time machine to know that he'd injure himself again.
He’s played 7 of the last 60, none in 17 and 7 last year no time machine needed. Incompetence of the highest order to sign him for 3 years

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah let's tske a pick in the draft we probably wouldn't have used for a bloke who was best on in our prelim and arguably the finals.

Hindsight hero
Hindsight is something you gain when you’ve been to stupid to use foresight, for instance giving a long term contract to a bloke who can’t get on the field and regretting it in hindsight when he doesn’t play a game in the next 12 months.

Or heres another one, giving a coach a 2 year extension based on 1 good finish when nobody else is the slightest bit interested in poaching him.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hindsight is something you gain when you’ve been to stupid to use foresight, for instance giving a long term contract to a bloke who can’t get on the field and regretting it in hindsight when he doesn’t play a game in the next 12 months.

Or heres another one, giving a coach a 2 year extension based on 1 good finish when nobody else is the slightest bit interested in poaching him.

Except I don't regret signing AVB

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Except I don't regret signing AVB
That’s fair enough, I think it was just another dumb decision in a long line of dumb recent decisions based on his history of not getting on the field, one year would have been heaps and if he walks no loss as he doesn’t play anyway

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That’s fair enough, I think it was just another dumb decision in a long line of dumb recent decisions based on his history of not getting on the field, one year would have been heaps and if he walks no loss as he doesn’t play anyway

Mate the return for him would have been like pick 60 or something. Very bloody likely we wouldn't have used the pick. He's a unique player on our list and the 7 games he played literally coincided with our best footy. He's not 32. This year has been a complete write off anyway and maybe he comes back and plays 15+ games next year?

Plus he's hardly gonna be on huge money.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Thinking through this again - they are just resting everyone who is not 100% now. Which is good

Season was over 2 months ago

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
I look forward to Freo/ demons games
Purely because one of the posters on your board usually does a ripping story as a preview
He did one a couple of years ago based on Jeff Farmer at a footy ground in Tambellup , it was gold
Who and Where is that bloke?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I look forward to Freo/ demons games
Purely because one of the posters on your board usually does a ripping story as a preview
He did one a couple of years ago based on Jeff Farmer at a footy ground in Tambellup , it was gold
Who and Where is that bloke?

Our board has been shitter than Melbourne this year. Don't do em anymore

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Did people read about Lever they had their whinge? Bone bruising on the knee caused by Varcoes smother. Not the same knee as the latest reco

Then people go again on not giving people enough time and then sook when they are cautious with vanders

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Did Varcoe deliberately injure Lever?
He smashed one of our players in a hit off the ball.
No free kick of course. It's Collingwood. 25-9 frees.

Back