Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is on everyone’s wish lists at 12 today? I personally would love Washington or Hachimura. Others I wouldn’t mind are - Langford, Clarke and maybe Reddish but highly doubt he falls to 12. Also heard rumours of us moving up by dealing RoCo

Moved up to pick 6 at the expense of Dario. Dunno how happy I am about that unless Garland falls

Rather Saric than RoCo.

Very thin at PF now. And we do have two PGs on the roster already.

We could still flip 6....

Doesn’t look like the worst move. Depends how Culver turns out obviously but he sounds like he’s going to come in and work his arse off at the very least, might teach a few of the others something. Saric isn’t really the guy you want partnering Towns, and we would have to pay him next year. 50/50 call imo. Excited to see what Culver brings. Going to have to do some serious trading and signing to get a solid roster together though. PF and a playmaking PG top of the agenda (really wish there was some GM out there that is a huge Jeff Teague fan)

Does this mean they’ve found a taker for wiggins?

Or does moving Dieng with Covington create a max slot?
Possibly Wiggins, but I still think more likely would be Teague + Okogie etc to someone in a three team trade.

Just from listening to Rosas I don't think Cov is going anywhere.

We do Need to look toward the future with a point guard tho. Yep agree, should have kept Saric.

To be clear I’m glad it was Saric that hot moved. Contract year and unlikely to have stayed.

Does this mean they’ve found a taker for wiggins?

Or does moving Dieng with Covington create a max slot?

My guess is that it will be Wiggins + RoCo or Okogie +/- a protected first and take back a bad short term contract (like Tyler Johnson in PHX or Solomon Hill in ATL)

The right to max DLo is going to cost the Wolves plenty and I’m not altogether comfortable with it. DLo has a great season in BKN but could regress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing out on DLO means a very bland couple of years for this team.

Sounds like we just couldn’t find anyone to take the contracts.. Rose also signed for less than I expected so we’ve messed that one up as well. Teague and Wiggins out and we get DLo and keep Rose. Never had my hopes up to begin with. If it’s one thing I’ve learnt is the ones that make the most noise usually end up with the least.

Never get your hopes up as a Wolves supporter. Looking like a very average squad, got to feel for KAT.

Never get your hopes up as a Wolves supporter. Looking like a very average squad, got to feel for KAT.
Especially when they start talking it up, trying to justify it to the fans before it’s done. The teams working quietly behind the scenes are the ones that will get things done more successfully, the Warriors in this case.

Jordan Bell at the minimum. Not good, not bad but I like it.
Wouldn’t have minded it if we had a point guard star to pair with KAT. Going to be going into the season with the same s**t. KAT carrying the team, Wiggins playing a good one every 10 games, Teague ditto, and a whole bunch of players from the bottom of the FA barrel. Couldn’t even manage to keep DRose and he didn’t go for that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back