2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Hind likely to keep his spot?
He should imo
Nice, I'm planning to go early on him this week if named
This might have an impact. Steele might be back in two weeks according to this article. Hanners probably in this week. I wouldn't go near Hind with a barge pole unless M9 and M10 were getting regular games.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-17/young-saint-hit-for-six-but-good-news-for-gun-midfielder

Rowbottom b4 wicks

apparently jack and 2 others back this week tho

Rose from Swans?

Reckon swans supporters will be microwaving their memberships if Jack gets another game. Jones and JPK should be back. Mcveigh probably out injured. Don't know much else apart from that.

I'm not his biggest fan but Rose has been the best NEAFL player all year and I thought he was pretty good last week.

In the past they have played him as a deep forward when he gets into the senior team but he was more of a mid/high half forward against the Eagles and his stoppage/clearance work was good at times, he gave us another big body around the ball and knows how to find the goals.

If he stays in the team with JPK then certainly keep him in mind, he wont get big scores but he wont s**t out Relton/early round Balta type numbers.

Agree with the Rowbum comment. Wicks and the McInerney/Stoddart types will only get a look in if there is an injury crisis.

A lot of state league teams had their bye, but here are the best of the rookie priced guys that played on the weekend.

VFL/NEAFL/WAFL
BESTS (1-6)

B Cottrell (2)
H Goddard (6)
S Bolton (1)
R Collier-Dawkins (3)
T Mynott (3)
B Zerk-Thatcher (4)
J Ross (6)
B McKay (2)
C Taylor (6)
D Joyce (4)
J Hately (3)
M Flynn (4)
BJ Burgess (4)
T Nicholls (2)
T Watson (2)

SANFL
T Stengle (4 goals)
C Jones (27 disposals)
A McPherson (22 disposals)
L Sholl (21 disposals)
J Butts (20 disposals)
J Atley (23 disposals)
C Sutcliffe (19 disposals & 4 goals)

Both with average vfl stats,

Hmmm very bare cupboard

Owies form has been building up nicely and has gone from getting nowhere near at the start of the season, to pushing for selection. He’s not a big ball winner and would get his scores from goals and tackles, so I would steer clear even if he gets picked.

Goddard would score well if he gets a game in our senior team, but structurally it is hard for him to get a game as our tall backs are doing well enough to keep him out.

Cottrell is one that I think will get some games soon, but I would wait until he’s on the bubble before getting him. He’s somebody that I could see coming in and getting 50’s which may be worth it if you need the cover badly enough.

Can anyone think of a forward rookie under 130k who is a chance to play before the end of the year?

Other than His Royal Cholness

Tyson Stengle kicked 4 goals from 19 possies for Adelaide's SANFL team last week
Jackson Ross has been good for Box Hill Hawks
Toby Wooller for has been very good for Brisbane NEAFL
Callum-Coleman Jones could get another run for the Tiges
Ben Cavarra for the Doggies is over his injuries but has only been playing VFL again for 1 week
Curtis Tayler might get another run at North.
Kyron Hayden has been Emergency nearly every week for North
Mathew Owies kicked 5 goals for Northern Blues last week.
Hugh Dixon might debut for Freo sooner or later with so many injuries to their KP stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson Stengle kicked 4 goals from 19 possies for Adelaide's SANFL team last week
Jackson Ross has been good for Box Hill Hawks
Toby Wooller for has been very good for Brisbane NEAFL
Callum-Coleman Jones could get another run for the Tiges
Ben Cavarra for the Doggies is over his injuries but has only been playing VFL again for 1 week
Curtis Tayler might get another run at North.
Kyron Hayden has been Emergency nearly every week for North
Mathew Owies kicked 5 goals for Northern Blues last week.
Hugh Dixon might debut for Freo sooner or later with so many injuries to their KP stocks.

I'm disappointed you didn't call him Huge Dixon :moustache:

Cameron that played last night ?

Or you looking for a trade option this week.?

I stuffed up majorly, I wanted to bring in Darcy Fort for Noah Balta but realised this morning that Bines was my R3 and the Eagles played last night, so I can't do that one.

I need to trade him to a rookie so I can bring in Seagull and the Budwah with my other two trades tonight which will 'complete' my team.

I stuffed up majorly, I wanted to bring in Darcy Fort for Noah Balta but realised this morning that Bines was my R3 and the Eagles played last night, so I can't do that one.

I need to trade him to a rookie so I can bring in Seagull and the Budwah with my other two trades tonight which will 'complete' my team.

Wicks been playing well in your seconds he has DPP unsure if he will get games tho.
North have a 102k forward been alright in the twos he was picked up in the mid season draft forgotton his name.
Does Dunkley at Melb have DPP? He might get games.

Can anyone think of a forward rookie under 130k who is a chance to play before the end of the year?

Other than His Royal Cholness
I'm most likely get Kyron Hayden. As Birchy said above, emergency the last few weeks and smashing it in the VFL. Will play this year no doubt

I'm most likely get Kyron Hayden. As Birchy said above, emergency the last few weeks and smashing it in the VFL. Will play this year no doubt

Far from no doubt and he definitely has not been smashing it in the VFL - he is a a tagger and I don't see him getting in.

I would go Cavarra.

Far from no doubt - I don't see him getting in.

I would go Cavarra.
Way to ruin my dreams :(

eh worst case he's a mid/fwd loophole donut

Way to ruin my dreams :(

eh worst case he's a mid/fwd loophole donut

I'm in the same boat Steve B, really need a cheap M/F so I can move Gray around from M9-F7 when required. Games late in the round are more important to me for loopholing purposes than if that rookie ever plays a game. So for that reason I'm trading in Owies over Kyron.

I'm in the same boat Steve B, really need a cheap M/F so I can move Gray around from M9-F7 when required. Games late in the round are more important to me for loopholing purposes than if that rookie ever plays a game. So for that reason I'm trading in Owies over Kyron.

Cameron?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back