McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why I asked about the concussion test...if he didn't have a concussion it surely high and low impact, which is also a fine.

If you want to grade it medium impact, then its body contact
Christian said early that the low/medium/high/severe was determined by whether the player leaves the ground, is assisted by trainers, is taken out of the game, needs medical work done or surgery etc.

So he would have seen him go head first into the fence then later ruled out and sent to hospital.

Christian said early that the low/medium/high/severe was determined by whether the player leaves the ground, is assisted by trainers, is taken out of the game, needs medical work done or surgery etc.

So he would have seen him go head first into the fence then later ruled out and sent to hospital.

Due to a potential rib injury (which he was cleared of later). How is that high contact?

He didn't have concussion, so let's be clear on that.

Well there is only 1 reason McGovern has been suspended.

Because mcgovern plays for the Eagles and Christian is a **** wit.

That's 2 but whatever lol

Tribunal will throw this out in 2 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How to you get to medium force high contact from hitting your ribs on a chair?

Like I said earlier the MRP have pulled a shonky by conflating the two. The taxi ride and the inability to return to play was due to the rib injury.

Yep, and the injury couldn't have been too bad if he managed to cope with a ride in a Perth taxi.

clear Victorian bias once again

Keeps the Eagles 100% suspension rate at the MRO..no surprise
unlike Vic players who punch, elbow and kick and the resultant penalty

"nothing to see here:"

Hi guys, good to see a bit of discussion. WC supporters here still don't seem to understand the difference between a bump and push. Bump was ok - secondary push action not. Fair result 1 week and graded how I said it would. Cheers

Hi guys, good to see a bit of discussion. WC supporters here still don't seem to understand the difference between a bump and push. Bump was ok - secondary push action not. Fair result 1 week and graded how I said it would. Cheers
Compare the pair

Frawley was deemed careless, body and low impact for this in Round 8, which was a fine.

Compare the pair

Frawley was deemed careless, body and low impact for this in Round 8, which was a fine.

I already compared them - the reason for the difference in gradings was the result. Guelfi went off the ground (and hospital for checks) AND reported neck soreness which caused the grading to be high instead of body and medium instead of low impact. Pretty clear - he chose to push him into a fence - he takes the responsibility for the end result. This could have been avoided if he did not make the secondary pushing action OR tackled him instead.

So is the medium impact grading because he reported neck soreness?
He went off the ground and to hospital. If he came straight back on in a few minutes it would be low impact.
The West Australian underwent scans on his back and neck to ensure it was safe to fly back to Victoria on Friday.
No reason he would be getting scans on his neck if there wasn't a chance of structural damage/injury hence the high grading.

Last edited:
I already compared them - the reason for the difference in gradings was the result. Guelfi went off the ground (and hospital for checks) AND reported neck soreness which caused the grading to be high instead of body and medium instead of low impact. Pretty clear - he chose to push him into a fence - he takes the responsibility for the end result. This could have been avoided if he did not make the secondary pushing action OR tackled him instead.
Neck soreness. Laughable.

"End result" - neck soreness and no concussion. Laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back