Game Day GDT: (RND:14) Melbourne vs Fremantle 13:45@ MCG- Dockers Anchor of Doom(tm)

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/14/melb-v-fre

Where and when: MCG, Saturday June 22, 1.45pm AEST
TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide
What it means for Melbourne:
The Demons have shown signs of improvement in recent weeks but have struggled to put together a four-quarter performance. A win will restore confidence ahead of the second half of the season.
What it means for Fremantle: It's a Fremantle side on the rise, having now won three in a row. While not the highest-scoring team, Saturday is a chance to put a good score on the board.

The stat: Fremantle has an excellent recent record against Melbourne, winning eight of its past 10 games dating back to round 16, 2012. Three of those 10 matches have been in Darwin, with another three – all Dockers wins – at the MCG.
The match-up: Michael Walters v Michael Hibberd
"Sonny" Walters (ranked 22 overall in the AFL Player Ratings) is in the form of his life, playing predominantly forward and coming off a six-goal haul. Hibberd's strongest games this year have come when tasked with a lockdown role, and none are currently bigger.
It’s a big week for: Jesse Hogan
Formerly Melbourne's next big hope, Hogan returned home to Perth during the off-season and will be facing his old side for the first time. After a slow start to the year, Hogan is starting to hit form, kicking five goals over the past two weeks.
AFL 2019 Round 13 - Fremantle v Port Adelaide

Big call: Melbourne co-captain Nathan Jones has found himself all over the park this year to varying levels of success but will kick three goals this weekend.
Prediction: Dockers by 26 points

Anchors Aweigh Land-Lubbers Avast to the high seas!​

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
God I hope Jesse doesn't kick a bag today. I can just see the over the top articles being written now. I just can't see us winning this game and I don't think I've ever said that before a Dockers game at the G. The softest part of our draw is coming up, so we could potentially lose all of them, but reality is we should be looking to win 4 of our next 5. Dockers, Blues, Dogs, Saints. We have the Eagles at the G and Lions away which should be losses, however are games if we are playing well should be an outside chance, same with the Tigers game. Chance to build some momentum. I'd be disappointed if we can't win a few of these games..

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had an odd feeling we might get up, then I saw we were favourites and gave up hope.

Dockers by 30 points. We will have our usual slow start and it’ll look like an apocalypse, then we will claw back and be about 15 points down at half time, only to stay in it until the last quarter where the Dockers will kick 4-5 unanswered in the last.

Not sure why I’m going to the game today, maybe I’m a masochist.

Dockers by 27.
Likewise. I'm not expecting us to ever really be in the game today sadly.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I expect Melbourne to win this one (they lost this one out of the blue last year so hopefully that is some extra fuel). I think under 20 points will be the margin. I don't expect Melbourne to blow them away and I don't expect a great game.

B

because as a Dees supporter he/she knows that we **** the bed under the slightest hint of expectation. It’s a Grand Old Flag.

I mean why are we favourites?

Because for some reason after Fremantle beat Collingwood at the G the bookies still seem to think they can’t play at the G.
Their MCG form is better than ours.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/14/melb-v-fre

The match-up: Michael Walters v Michael Hibberd
"Sonny" Walters (ranked 22 overall in the AFL Player Ratings) is in the form of his life, playing predominantly forward and coming off a six-goal haul. Hibberd's strongest games this year have come when tasked with a lockdown role, and none are currently bigger.
Big call: Melbourne co-captain Nathan Jones has found himself all over the park this year to varying levels of success but will kick three goals this weekend.
Prediction: Dockers by 26 points​
Pardon the intrusion, not sure what my favourite part of that (afl website preview) is...the injured (and out of the side) Hibberd to play on Walters or Nathan Jones to kick 3 goals in a 26 point loss.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Pardon the intrusion, not sure what my favourite part of that (afl website preview) is...the injured (and out of the side) Hibberd to play on Walters or Nathan Jones to kick 3 goals in a 26 point loss.

:drunk:
The AFL recently

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Still debating if I will subject myself to watching this.

I may make a quick trip to the local purveyor of fine alcoholic beverages now in an effort to make it bearable.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Still debating if I will subject myself to watching this.

I may make a quick trip to the local purveyor of fine alcoholic beverages now in an effort to make it bearable.
I plumped for a more comprehensive trip to the bulk discount pissartists warehouse with the same general idea.

Back