World Cup Day 23 England v Sri Lanka @ Headingley

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. That was the best Sri Lanka have bowled and fielded for about 10 years. Great performance and LOL England.

Of the past three England losses in ODIs, all have been when chasing. But this is the first I would call a 'typical' loss for them in a long time, because they haven't struggled on a slow pitch for a while - probably by choice, in that they haven't had many.

I was sure they would only get flat decks all wc if the pitches end up being a bit more like this India are clear favourites.

Wow. Stokes was going to get them home if he got the chance, was looking brilliant

Don't think it'll matter much in the scheme of things. England probably just one win away from sealing their semi final spot because their isn't a 5th good team.

This England team is a bit like that. Can make 400 and be completely unstoppable or they can get rolled cheaply because 5 of their top 7 do absolutely nothing. We'll see which one turns up Tuesday.

Wow. Stokes was going to get them home if he got the chance, was looking brilliant

Don't think it'll matter much in the scheme of things. England probably just one win away from sealing their semi final spot because their isn't a 5th good team.

This England team is a bit like that. Can make 400 and be completely unstoppable or they can get rolled cheaply because 5 of their top 7 do absolutely nothing. We'll see which one turns up Tuesday.

You do realise Bangladesh play 2 of the easier sides in the West Indies and Afghanistan coming home right? That gets them to 9 points winning both those games. Engalnd play Australia, NZ, and India coming home- they could easily lose all 3.

They should be safe with one more win but when your last three games are your toughest you can't feel that safe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have a dead set bunny I disagree with it, could have easily got a single off the last ball

You have to take that single. Couldn't afford to not be on strike for three start of the over. Would be the dumbest thing ever to turn down that single and then not be able to get off strike on the last ball. Just a shame for him that Wood couldn't survive it and credit to Pradeep for bowling a jaffer

You do realise Bangladesh play 2 of the easier sides in the West Indies and Afghanistan coming home right? That gets them to 9 points winning both those games. Engalnd play Australia, NZ, and India coming home- they could easily lose all 3.

Bangladesh have Pakistan not West Indies. Can't see England losing 4 games in a row. Possible but unlikely

You have to take that single. Couldn't afford to not be on strike for three start of the over. Would be the dumbest thing ever to turn down that single and then not be able to get off strike on the last ball. Just a shame for him that Wood couldn't survive it and credit to Pradeep for bowling a jaffer

A jaffa...lol! It was a half length ball on off stump...I guess for Wood it's a jaffa...

Bangladesh have Pakistan not West Indies. Can't see England losing 4 games in a row. Possible but unlikely

Sorry thought it was Windies. Point stands they should beat those sides, unlikely but not impossible against India. 9 points could make it, this is a massive loss with their draw

Not if your Captain Hindsight...

And if he didn't they bring in the field for the next over and the bunny has to play a risky shot to give the strike back to Stokes.

Each to their own. Personally never get it, cross that bridge when it happens. I can see both sides to it though.

Mark Wood's got a FC average of 21 and a test 50 to his name. You should be able to back him to see of one ball.

Should I ask who that 50 was against hoping the answer is not some pretty ordinary side! He looks awful!

Each to their own. Personally never get it, cross that bridge when it happens. I can see both sides to it though.

You are giving a batsman only one ball to survive, If Stokes doesn't get off strike the last ball then the next over Wood has to actually play a shot to get off strike with the field in.

Back