Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Western Bulldogs (R14, Sun 23/06 3:20pm MRVL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has been watching the VFL then Reid is a no brainer, Daicos and Crocker have not been up to scratch, good selection IMO
If it wasn't for him and Shaz. That loss v Casey would have been 10x worse. Was a shining light in a bad day. So Def deserves another call up..

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
State of play for every listed player:

Seniors:
Howe Roughead Maynard
Crisp Moore Greenwood

Grundy Sidebottom Sier
Treloar Pendlebury Phillips

Mihocek Reid Hoskin
De Goey Cox Varcoe

Int:
Aish Brown Thomas Mayne

Emer:
Daicos Crocker Quaynor Lynch

Reserves:
Scharenberg Appleby Broomhead Madgen Goldsack T Brown Noble Bosenavulagi Keane Tohill

Unavailable:
Adams Langdon Elliott Stephenson Beams Wells Dunn Wills Murphy Kelly Wilson Murray

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
FoxFooty at the half time discussion stated that the final Collingwood team was in and its Reid in for Stephenson.
3 forward 50 talls?
If I were a betting man I’d be shifting my money to the Dogs.
Stupid selection for a team that lacks speed and has lost a speedster.
Reid makes sense, he's a genuine swing man so he can cover down back if needed.

Brent24

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
State of play for every listed player:

Seniors:
Howe Roughead Maynard
Crisp Moore Greenwood

Grundy Sidebottom Sier
Treloar Pendlebury Phillips

Mihocek Reid Hoskin
De Goey Cox Varcoe

Int:
Aish Brown Thomas Mayne

Emer:
Daicos Crocker Quaynor Lynch

Reserves:
Scharenberg Appleby Broomhead Madgen Goldsack T Brown Noble Bosenavulagi Keane Tohill

Unavailable:
Adams Langdon Elliott Stephenson Beams Wells Dunn Wills Murphy Kelly Wilson Murray
That's still a damn good 22. Defence is solid as a rock. Forward line still looks pretty mobile to me, I also expect Grundy to play less game time with this structure, meaning a smaller forward line during those periods.

Only really the first 5 unavailable hurt us. Wells was always a slim chance of impacting our season.

We're 9-3 and the players/coaches have actively said we're not trying to peak mid season. Any one would think we're bottom 4 after reading this thread.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Annoyed by Daicos not playing

I'm telling ya he will leave and be heath Scotland MK2
If he becomes Scotland for Carlton good luck to him.
That’s not really going to cost us.

Can’t fit them all in. It’s tough getting a regular game, you have to earn it.

If anyone has been watching the VFL then Reid is a no brainer, Daicos and Crocker have not been up to scratch, good selection IMO
Daicos has had 24, 20, and 34 disposals in his last 3 outings, with the latter giving him BOG. Hardly ‘not up to scratch’....

Annoyed by Daicos not playing

I'm telling ya he will leave and be heath Scotland MK2
You always say every player not getting a game is going to leave, and it never happens. I’ve lost count of the times you’ve stated with certainty that Scharenberg is ‘gone’.

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Initially wasn’t overly enthused by the decision to bring in Reid, thought we might be too tall/slow. Was hoping Daicos got a go.
But when I look at the 22 I don’t mind the balance. Mihochek will push further up the ground, he is good at ground level and good in the air. Similar to T Lynch of the Adelaide variety with their other two talls.
I’m actually looking forward to seeing how this structure works.

Varcoe is a very good reader of the crumb off the pack, wouldn’t mind him playing a forward pocket role crumbing off Cox/Reid.

B - Howe Roughead Greenwood
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - Sidebottom Pendlebury Phillips
HF - DeGoey Mihochek WHE
F - Varcoe Cox Reid
R - Grundy Sier Treloar
INT - Aish Brown Thomas Mayne

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rightly or wrongly (and results speak for themselves), Collingwoods selection policy has been very position specific in recent years. Defenders replace defenders, forwards replace forwards. And the position they play in the seniors is usually the position they have been playing in the VFL

I'm sure it was a close call between Reid and Daicos but Reid is the one who has actually been playing as a forward. The club clearly has faith that Mihocek's mobility means that he can "play smaller" and not make the forward line too top heavy. Varcoe and WHE to fill the hole Stevo has created..

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daicos has had 24, 20, and 34 disposals in his last 3 outings, with the latter giving him BOG. Hardly ‘not up to scratch’....
He is not a like for like replacement of Stepho, I'm sure if the club felt he would be a good replacement he would have got a game but reid is definately the better option

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
You always say every player not getting a game is going to leave, and it never happens. I’ve lost count of the times you’ve stated with certainty that Scharenberg is ‘gone’.
Gee @
Gee apex I rarely post these days and ya still find something to argue about

You LOVE TO ARGUE WITH EVERYONE

Get a life

I hope scharenberg does leave ...only a matter of time before breaks down

As much as I agree with you, it seems being BOG, possessions and tackles don't seem to count. If they did, Thomas and Mayne would be out.

Thomas especially better stand up tomorrow.

He is not a like for like replacement of Stepho, I'm sure if the club felt he would be a good replacement he would have got a game but reid is definately the better option
There's no like for like replacement fot Stepho, anywhere. We have to adapt with the players we have. Let's see how Reid goes. Yes, Daicos is harsh, but I'm sure he will get the opportunity soon enough

Gee @

Gee apex I rarely post these days and ya still find something to argue about

You LOVE TO ARGUE WITH EVERYONE

Get a life

I hope scharenberg does leave ...only a matter of time before breaks down
Who’s arguing? All I did was state a fact that you like to talk crap about players leaving and it never actually happens. Are you arguing that you don’t? Does this mean that you’re the one arguing and not me? Stop trying to argue all the time, get a life :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back