Coach Adem Yze – off to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the poster is suggesting we seek to bring in Yze as an assistant, not as senior coach.

Not the worst idea I’ve heard. Someone who brings some intel from the best training and conditioning system club of the past decade, who has worked under pretty exacting standards for some time now.
I think that was the idea behind getting Jordan Lewis.

Champion players don’t always make great coaches. Clarkson is arguably the best coach of the modern era and was an average player.

Champion players don’t always make great coaches. Clarkson is arguably the best coach of the modern era and was an average player.
Ooze wasn't a champion player to be fair. Very good, but never quite hit champion heights.

We should seriously consider getting Neeld back in.

The players can chase him around Goschs Paddock. Fitness levels will go through the roof and it would be a good way to relieve some pressure.

You probably already all know this, but there's very strong indications that Yze will be announced as the next RFC head coach shortly.

What's the feeling on your end? Dissapointed to lose him or want some change and prefer him to get shaken out?

Keen to hear the perceptions from Demons fans as to how Yze is rated and how he's performed.

His assistant coach CV looks good from my end.

You probably already all know this, but there's very strong indications that Yze will be announced as the next RFC head coach shortly.

What's the feeling on your end? Dissapointed to lose him or want some change and prefer him to get shaken out?

Keen to hear the perceptions from Demons fans as to how Yze is rated and how he's performed.

has never been able to get the best out of Gawn, Oliver, Petracca & Viney working as a midfield unit so I'm not dissapointed if we lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's done some great work, and we of course love him as an MFC legend. Things have looked a little stale since the flag in midfield, but supposedly Yze wants to try new things like Pickett as a more regular mid and it is Goodwin who doesn't want to. Regardless, if the two of them aren't able to improve each other, its probably better we get a new voice in. I'd love him as senior coach if Goodwin were to leave, but that's not happening.

has never been able to get the best out of Gawn, Oliver, Petracca & Viney working as a midfield unit so I'm not dissapointed if we lose him.
Didn't we win a flag with Yze as our mid coach? And we've finished top 4 last 3 years. Our stoppage work needed attention midseason and he managed to turn that around. Plus the runs on the board he has under Clarko. Personally, I think he'll be a great coach, but it's a massive step up in regards to media, pressure, relationship with players etc. It's hard to tell. Tigers are a big club coming off 3 flags. No offence, but I think it could be awhile until they contend again. So he's got his work cut out for him, but I feel he'd be a good choice.

Very good CV. Been the bridesmaid a few times for various coaching jobs.

Always hard to say exactly what impact an assistant coach has and how that will translate to the top job.

Personally would be happy for him as it's clearly something he has been chasing for a while and I don't think it will hurt us to get some new blood in the coaches box.

You never know until they get the gig, always hard to judge assistant coaches.

But - His tactical skills are highly rated and I know over the journey with the Dees he's become a great relationship style coach as well and is absolutely loved by the players. Some of the previous gigs he's missed out on were apparently in part due to his presentation skills at the time but the Tigers are rumoured to have been massively impressed by him this time around.

The Dees coaching group are very much a committee, so experience wise he's probably not as green as some assistant coaches too.
The intriguing thing for me in trying to judge his performance is how many of his ideas and strategies have been fully implemented. It was notable in the preseason Yze was the on record talking about us needing to change up our midfield mix, looking to run Kozzy through there etc, but we got less and less daring with that as the year went on.

You never know until they get the gig, always hard to judge assistant coaches.

But - His tactical skills are highly rated and I know over the journey with the Dees he's become a great relationship style coach as well and is absolutely loved by the players. Some of the previous gigs he's missed out on were apparently in part due to his presentation skills at the time but the Tigers are rumoured to have been massively impressed by him this time around.

The Dees coaching group are very much a committee, so experience wise he's probably not as green as some assistant coaches too.
The intriguing thing for me in trying to judge his performance is how many of his ideas and strategies have been fully implemented. It was notable in the preseason Yze was the on record talking about us needing to change up our midfield mix, looking to run Kozzy through there etc, but we got less and less daring with that as the year went on.
I think the lack of daring came from Goodwin.

Remember that dude who hated Steven May then stopped posting in 2021 when the deal was clearly excellent for us? Demon bhoy or something was his name.

Remember that dude who hated Steven May then stopped posting in 2021 when the deal was clearly excellent for us? Demon bhoy or something was his name.
Stopped posting right before the 2021 finals series after bagging May for two years straight lol. I do wonder whether guys like him and Grimesy wound up making aliases

Remove this Banner Ad

Back