Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Hanley, I'm of the opinion that he's pretty much cooked from an injury perspective. I said the same of Dayne Beams all of last season as well, though Dayne also had some significant off field occurrences and activities impacting his mental well being, that were impacting his on field play.

I'm happy to disagree with you. You do have some quality mature age players, I particularly rate Swallow, even though he's been hampered by injuries, Harbrow and Sexton.

If we're looking at next years 22 to 26 age group, the Lions list is significantly longer than the Suns group. I didn't ist any of our 2015 draftees in my previous post, and you've added in your 2016 draftees as well. That adds Archie Smith, Hipwood, Mathieson, McCluggage, Berry, Witherden, and fringe players like Cedric Cox, Jacob Allison and Sam Skinner to the list in my previous post. Can't mention Corey Lyons, Ben Keays or Mitchell Hinge as I believe they'll all be delisted.

We can only wait and see how the next couple of seasons play out to find out who is right and who's assessment was off. I'll be hanging around, because knowing the Suns, they'll keep drafting kids that I like.

In this years draft, from a Lions perspective (and before we traded our first pick and appeared to have outperformed my expectations of the team) I always like Lachlan Ash and Sam Flanders. Wouldn't be surprised if Flanders drifted out to the Lions pick that you lot hold, come draft night.

You love Lachy Ash don't you! Haha. Have seen him a few times this year now

Buddy has done his hammy, so he will miss his milestone game against the Suns next week. Bad luck for him, but a huge difference for us given we do not have a match up for him. Nick Blakey is an amazing talent and you'd imagine Ballard gets the matchup there, although perhaps Lukosius could be given the job on him. Dan Menzel destroyed the NEAFL defence and could be dangerous, while Tom Papley and Will Hayward need minding. Sam Reid should keep his spot given Buddy's injury, despite being super quiet against the Hawks.

The Suns will have a definite height advantage, as with the Saints game, with King, Wright and Day all taller than the whole Swans defence. Cal Sinclair was concussed and could miss, meaning Aliir Aliir becomes the 2nd ruck, who you'd think would be a match up for Sam Day or Peter Wright or both. So with Naismith and Sinclair in doubt, it could be Darcy Cameron's 2nd game - his first was against the Suns last year and that went pretty well for us.

Just WOW how bad Hawks look. It almost looks like Clarko is tanking. Yes, Suns have 3 wins but at least players give it all and one can look forward to next year. Hawks have almost unwatchable game plan, oldest team, half don't have it and will be gone. Any quality player would be mad to join them.

We could actually play for wooden spoon with them round 22 if we win a couple of games before.

Last edited:
Just WOW how bad Hawks look. It almost looks like Clarko is tanking. Yes, Suns have 3 wins but at least players give it all and one can look forward to next year. Hawks have almost unwatchable game plan, oldest team, half don't have it and will be gone. Any quality player would be mad to join them.

We could actually play for wooden spoon with them round 22 if we win a couple of games before.
Hawks have one of the most difficult schedules - 7 of 9 against current top 8 sides and the other 2 are North and Suns. They only have this many wins because of their coach and the ability of the players to follow his increasingly dour gameplans.

Hawks have one of the most difficult schedules - 7 of 9 against current top 8 sides and the other 2 are North and Suns. They only have this many wins because of their coach and the ability of the players to follow his increasingly dour gameplans.

Yeah there’s something very boring about Hawthorn games. I rarely make it to quarter time when they play.

Yeah there’s something very boring about Hawthorn games. I rarely make it to quarter time when they play.
Yeah, I was mainly watching because of Buddy and the fact that the Suns play the Swans next week. Hawks games are yawn fests.

Saints are horrendeous. Being school by Lions.

I agree Seventeener, Hawks play a very boring I'm-falling-asleep type of game style.
Saints looked cooked after China and Townsville travels. Why we did not get them next round after bye. I feel sorry for you, Swans. Suns are coming after you :)

Handbaggers Franchise stopped me picking the round and getting the bonus points the soulless campaigners.
They have a glass jaw the Handbaggers. They’re the GSW of AFL but have won diddly.
Loser town, loser team, loser fans.
And we are GC. Happy Days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS just got badly reamed by the biased Video Review System then
I noticed the umpires can’t rule touched when it goes against us quick enough but when it’s a precious big VFL team and it’s a big moment then you get the usual cheating

It’s a despicable organisation the VFL

Last edited:
GWS just got badly reamed by the biased Video Review System then
I noticed the umpires can’t rule touched when it goes against us quick enough but when it’s a previous big VFL team and it’s a big moment then you get the usual cheating

It’s a despicable organisation the VFL
Collingwood had one against them vs Freo a couple of weeks ago was probably the worst so far.

They say 'but time ran out for the video review to overrule the decision'
Sometimes reviews take like forever and in this case it had to be done in 45 seconds? Also the lack of technology is astounding. AFL is hopeless organisation. I actually feel sorry for review guys.

A player runs up to the umpires telling them he touched it. The video review then centres around 1 thing only - is there evidence of it being touched??? It’s not hard. AFL amateur hour in full swing week by week. Might be time for Gil to give away the social engineering obsession and focusing on the actual game which is a snore fest at present & mistakes every week

What happened to Pies? Even Suns score usually more than 37 points :)

Bulldogs were terrific today.
It was as worse as I've ever seen them play. I've got no words to explain it. Sitting there at marvel last night... everyone was disgusted. North were good, yes, but pies were.. horrible.
I'm hoping this is a turning point.

It was as worse as I've ever seen them play. I've got no words to explain it. Sitting there at marvel last night... everyone was disgusted. North were good, yes, but pies were.. horrible.
I'm hoping this is a turning point.
Next Fri game vs Hawks will be telling. I watched only 3-4 Pies games but I had you as a flag favourite. It's hard to believe that the contender would have such a big form slump. By all accounts North were harder at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back