Game Day GDT: (RND:14) Melbourne vs Fremantle 13:45@ MCG- Dockers Anchor of Doom(tm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Jesse makes a full recovery. It is very concerning that he looks to have reinjured his navicular. It’s not overstating it to say that this injury might be curtains for his career. It was for Trengove and it was for Egan. Hopefully his recovery is in the Hird mould. I reckon he’s going to have to trim right down and maybe become more of a contested player rather than relying on outrunning his opponent. Realistically though those two things don’t go together. His biggest attribute was his engine but this injury might take that away from him. It’s a really good thing that he’s back in Freo I reckon surrounded by his family and mates. If he’d re-signed with us and had the same injury it would be a pretty bleak next three months for him in Melbourne.

Any doctors out there, are there any drugs that help with bone healing? Would steroids help or are they just for muscle growth? If there are drugs that do help you’d hope players are given a free pass by the relevant body (WADA?) to allow them to overcome serious injuries.

Missed it live ... but he went with "Petty crime may cost Melbourne a goal" when Petty had a turnover in the 3rd as well ... bloke needs to be pistol whipped.

Yeah, I recall he made another cringe-worthy quip about Petty crime, I just couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for reminding me... ?

Replay is currently on Fox Footy. I was thinking it during the game, but rewatching, Brayshaw is definitely back, the player that blindly bombs it forward, and jogs around the ground at all other times is gone. He's taking time to consider his options with his kicking, and most importantly, his attack on the ball carrier has gone from being a casual interest, to a dog with a bone. No idea whats behind the change ... but thank **** it's happened
It’s only been one week mate....

I really hope Jesse makes a full recovery. It is very concerning that he looks to have reinjured his navicular. It’s not overstating it to say that this injury might be curtains for his career. It was for Trengove and it was for Egan. Hopefully his recovery is in the Hird mould. I reckon he’s going to have to trim right down and maybe become more of a contested player rather than relying on outrunning his opponent. Realistically though those two things don’t go together. His biggest attribute was his engine but this injury might take that away from him. It’s a really good thing that he’s back in Freo I reckon surrounded by his family and mates. If he’d re-signed with us and had the same injury it would be a pretty bleak next three months for him in Melbourne.
Absolutely. At the end of the day the kid has been through a heap, and he is a young man trying to fulfill his career as an AFL player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back