Matildas The Matildas and the 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerr isn't mentally strong enough to be captain. Gets sucked in to critics and can't handle the pressure of penalties.

She’s young, she will learn.

The side is a problem. It’s Kerr or bust. All Norway did was triple teamed her- and what did we do didn’t look for options.

She’s young, she will learn.

The side is a problem. It’s Kerr or bust. All Norway did was triple teamed her- and what did we do didn’t look for options.
She is a fantastic player, but she is the textbook example of the best player/ not best captain trap.

Let her play and put a seasoned campaigner with the armband.

She is a fantastic player, but she is the textbook example of the best player/ not best captain trap.

Let her play and put a seasoned campaigner with the armband.

The answer is who else? I don’t mind it she will be a better captain in the next WC where she hits her prime.

Having a useless Left back killed us yet again but our dumb coach doesn’t change a thing. The Brazil win tapered over these cracks. We even conceded against Jamaica!

Will be some heat on FFA, once Alen Stajcic was sacked five months from the tournament, I was surprised they even made it out of the Group Stage. FFA could not run a sausage sizzle outside Bunnings!

now i feel like a bunnings snag.

Tracey Holmes nodding her head as the host listening to Foster and Joey makes me sick. Cancer on this sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The answer is who else? I don’t mind it she will be a better captain in the next WC where she hits her prime.

Having a useless Left back killed us yet again but our dumb coach doesn’t change a thing. The Brazil win tapered over these cracks. We even conceded against Jamaica!
It is our lack of a central defender which was the issue. Our left back had to move to the centre, which left a midfielder having to play left back .

So disappointing. I wish football wouldn't shoot itself in the foot so often

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It is our lack of a central defender which was the issue. Our left back had to move to the centre, which left a midfielder having to play left back .

Part of the issue, but an issue nonetheless.

I still think that the upheaval caused by Stajic's sacking and the system Milicic wanted to use were the bigger problems, but the injuries to Alleway and Polkinghorne and the lack of a quality CB to back them up certainly didn't help

Gil and the AFL seem like a fantastically run organisation compared to the FFA.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Fair point but then if that’s the issue (central defender)...then that’s on the selectors- pick one in the squad. Carrying a girl regardless of how good she is injured till the quarters at best was lunacy.

Another VAR utensil up in the Germany v Nigeria game. If you are standing right in front of the goalkeeper you are interfering with play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back