Game Day Game day Ports v cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Classy Geelong fan on facebook..View attachment 697027

The phrase 'Break a Leg' is actually a term used to wish someone good luck in the theatrical world. But I would not expect some Geelong supporting philistine to know that. Charlie only kicked 1-1 in his first AFL game in over 300 days while at the other end of the ground Tom booted 0-0 with his five touches ! :)

One thing from last night, Dougal Howard is no second ruckman. He was too easily pushed off the ball in the ruck contests and appeared much more effective in defence. Maybe Howard back to defence and Dixon and Ryder up forward would be better value. Then again it is hard to argue for change when you beat the top side.

if Ryder can find some form having him in the side does two things, it gives us a viable second ruckman and it takes some of the focus off big Charlie.

The phrase 'Break a Leg' is actually a term used to wish someone good luck in the theatrical world. But I would not expect some Geelong supporting philistine to know that. Charlie only kicked 1-1 in his first AFL game in over 300 days while at the other end of the ground Tom booted 0-0 with his five touches ! :)

Hawkins was the only player in the match not to take a mark.

I have an extra reason for wanting Port to do well tonight. In a few minutes, I'll be commencing an epic walk from RAAF Base Edinburgh to the city. Don’t ask me why - as people who have done stupid things in the past have stated, "Because it was there." It's all part of the 100 day Global Challenge, where teams from all over the world compete to travel as far as they can in the 100 days. Today is "beat your personal best" day.

So I really need Port to do well tonight, because it's a helluva long way to walk, to see your team get smashed :).

How did you go philreich?
How are the legs today?

The noise for the last minute with everyone standing clapping and cheering was unbelievable

Bit of pent up frustration vented there

Proved to the likes of old mate Janus who have been blaming the crowd for the lack of energy that the energy is still there, it's just been laid dormant by the coaching and the inconsistency of the team. The 37,000 who were there last night made more noise than 50,000 sitting through a typical Ken Hinkley snoozefest. Give us something to cheer and we'll cheer it.

How did you go philreich?
How are the legs today?
Finished with just over 60000 steps, which equates to around 39kms. I won't repeat the obscenities my legs have uttered in the last 18 hours or so - safe to say I won't be doing it again for a while!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The noise for the last minute with everyone standing clapping and cheering was unbelievable

Bit of pent up frustration vented there
I was in the bar and thought they must know something i don't? The other qrts went forever how did everyone know it was last seconds?

There’s a disappointing lack of ChadBro Sign crapmemes on this board.

In fact I rate it just below Sacking Hinkley as one of the issues we need to address.

Couldn't find a review thread and didn't think the preview/changes thread was relevant, so hopefully the mods are OK with me bumping this.

Congratulations on the fantastic win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players lined up as one of the 5 mids.

Overall Summary - 20 Bounces

Duursma 16 wing
Wines 16 (4w)
Boak 16
R.Gray 15
Houston 15 (4w)
Amon 14 (13w, 1i)
S.Gray 4 (2i, 2w)
Ebert 3
Farrell 1 wing

Rucks:
Lycett 17
Howard 3

Centre Clearances - per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
R.Gray 4
Lycett 3
Boak 1
Duursma 1
Howard 1
S.Gray 1

1st Half - 10

Wines 9 (1w)
Amon 9 (8w, 1i)
Duursma 8 wing
Boak 7
R.Gray 7
Houston 6 (1w)
S.Gray 3 (2w, 1i)
Ebert 1

Lycett 8
Howard 2

Final Term - 5

Houston 5 (3i, 2w)
Wines 4 (2i, 2w)
Boak 4
R.Gray 4
Duursma 3 wing
Amon 2 wing
Ebert 2
Farrell 1 wing

Lycett 5

Notes
- Lowest percentage of bounces attended (70%) in an analysed game this season for Amon.
- 2nd highest percentage of bounces attended (80%) in an analysed game this season for Wines. He attended 95.8% of the bounces (23 of 24) against West Coast in Rd 5.
- Equal highest starts (with Rd 9) in an analysed game for Sam Gray this season.
- Farrell's midfield debut in an analysed game

... Charlie only kicked 1-1 in his first AFL game in over 300 days ...
I know I'm quoting you out of context but he was shown a bit of love on Foxtel's 'On the Couch'. Yet another reference to him being very popular and lifting the players around him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back