Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch is still waiting for the Audi that he was meant to look so good driving down Jacksons rd
Good call.

Jaeger is good mates with Tom & was just up on the Gold Coast recently visiting with him....He intimated that he would love to have Tom come back home to play footy with him at Hawthorn.....Lock it in.

Lucky I didn't lock that prediction in. Safe to say Patton will not be a Hawk in 2020 :thumbsu:

Well we had him as a KPD for a year and a half and he's fine there. Just not really needed with Davis, Corr, Haynes and Taylor.

He doesn't do well as a deep forward. Tall wingman is the best label I can think of. Being playing more of a midfield role recently, which I think we've discussed.

Beveridge seems to like players who can defend, tackle, spoil and get involved in the scraps. Which is why I mentioned he may fit his mold.
Talking about Patton here.

Seems silly with Naughton looking the goods
Naughton will be a player no doubt but he needs help now, before the week just gone he'd kicked like 1 goal a game average so you don't want to make him #1 with no help. Look at Darcy Moore at Collingwood for years, was too young to shoulder that and ended up having to go play back (where he's playing very well now).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawks decides Cogs, they won’t be helping GWS with a salary dump.

It may well be a salary dump for the Giants, but I'm sure we'll be re-negotiating his contract in some shape or form.

Besides, we may well end up losing all of Roughy, Burger, Birchall, Puopolo & Schoenmakers. So it's not like the salary-cap is going to be burdensome for us.

It may well be a salary dump for the Giants, but I'm sure we'll be re-negotiating his contract in some shape or form.

Besides, we may well end up losing all of Roughy, Burger, Birchall, Puopolo & Schoenmakers. So it's not like the salary-cap is going to be burdensome for us.
I am assuming that the Patton to Hawks talk is because they know Cogs is going to re-sign and they need extra cap for Tomlinson.

If Cogs is leaving they might as well keep Patton and see if they can get him right.

So if I’m reading these threads right, Hawthorn will get Coniglio, Patton, Bonar and Whitfield next year. That’s an impressive haul.

All without giving up a first round pick, because they’ve traded those away for like 4 straight years and the rule is two years so at some point they have keep one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back