Preview Round 15 2019: Hawthorn v West Coast, 1:45pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birchall needs one more week in the VFL to get his touch back. If he gets through the next game on Saturday against Casey then expect to see him play Round 16 vs Collingwood. It would be ironic if Scrimshaw also comes back in the same game. I would love to see how those two work together across half back.

Ins: chad, scrimshaw, Lewis, jones, Ollie, shoey (if fit)
Out: Puopolo, Brand, ceglar(Or BB if injured), Morrison rough, tob (for shoey)

Hardwick Frawley scrimshaw
Impey Sicily smith
Scully shiels hendo
Moore Gunston wingard
Breust Lewis Burgoyne
BB JOM Worpel
I: glass jones shoey ollie

Possibly a tall short down back. Shoey to play as utility - anchor tall forward, 2nd ruck or help down back. Would like to see us unless the shackles and aim for 100 points. Above is the most offensive team I can put together from our current squad.

Ins: chad, scrimshaw, Lewis, jones, Ollie, shoey (if fit)
Out: Puopolo, Brand, ceglar(Or BB if injured), Morrison rough, tob (for shoey)

Hardwick Frawley scrimshaw
Impey Sicily smith
Scully shiels hendo
Moore Gunston wingard
Breust Lewis Burgoyne
BB JOM Worpel
I: glass jones shoey ollie

Possibly a tall short down back. Shoey to play as utility - anchor tall forward, 2nd ruck or help down back. Would like to see us unless the shackles and aim for 100 points. Above is the most offensive team I can put together from our current squad.
Theres seriously 0% chance TOB gets dropped

-You'd hope to see Mitch Lewis get another go this week. Don't reckon Roughy's game gets him picked again.

-If Scrimma and Chad are ready to go get them in, need these blokes to play as many games in brown/gold as possible this year.

-Would like to see birch play another game in the VFL. Has been out for a long long time.

-Moore deserves to keep his spot for sure.

-Keep Sicily down back, drop Brand probably.

-Cousins in for glass.

-No marks last week for Big Boy?? If he's injured might as well give Pitto a game or go with just cegs.

-Would not mind seeing a debutant either

Will the coach be Out coached for the 4th week in a row?
Will the senior players give a 4 quarter performance?
Will the shocking outdated game plan be modified?
Will more kids get a go?
Will team selections have some kind of commonsense?
Will the forward line coach do something different?
Will this team Fined There Balls & play the Hawthorn way Not like a bunch of Soft utensils?
I personally have followed Hawthorn since 1975 and will always.

Lewis didn’t do much at Box Hill. I wouldn't be gifting him games.

Glass doesn't get omitted after Friday nights game.

On Glass...

Yeah I can't see him being anything more than bottom 6 player in a good side.
Haha

You know that we have to field 22 players regardless & by default, 6x of them are gonna fit that category?!?!?!

On Glass...

Haha

You know that we have to field 22 players regardless & by default, 6x of them are gonna fit that category?!?!?!

lol ok I won't argue with your logic. It does feel like we have 10 or so 'bottom 6' players some weeks this year though.

lol ok I won't argue with your logic. It does feel like we have 10 or so 'bottom 6' players some weeks this year though.
Yeh, sometimes feels like guys are fighting harder to be bottom 6 than to win the game:(

I think Ollie is a little bit small and inconsistent for AFL footy, but I wouldn't mind see him getting a go and dumping Poppy, don't see the point of 31 year old poppy battling around week in week out in a bottom 6 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to post this earlier. I honestly think we are a chance despite everything that has transpired in recent weeks. We have a great record against the Eagles at the MCG even when we haven't been going well. No one thought we'd get within a bees whisker of GWS and look what happened.

I hate to say it, but if Roughie chose to retire this week I think that the boys would want to send him off on a high so that works in our favour too.
Or we play Eagles into form.

Feels yuck to say this, and I love nothing more than hawks winning every week but I don’t mind losing! Knowing we’re not gonna trouble the Top 4-8 makes it easier to take! And for once we may have an early start on draft night!!!

Lewis didn’t do much at Box Hill. I wouldn't be gifting him games.

Glass doesn't get omitted after Friday nights game.

Did you see how wet it was at Box Hill on the weekend? No key forward would’ve thrived in those conditions.

All reports say that he was very good at crashing packs and getting his teammates involved so that is all you can ask from him given the conditions.

Also Roughy was completely gifted a game on the weekend and was shocking, so Lewis deserves every bit of the same treatment given how important he is to us moving forward.

Harry Jones is a guy I would have preferred see in last week over Morrison.

I think he's a guy with skills and athletic tools that translate better to the seniors than other young mids we have on our list. He's explosive, a good height, good in close and a very willing tackler.

Feels yuck to say this, and I love nothing more than hawks winning every week but I don’t mind losing! Knowing we’re not gonna trouble the Top 4-8 makes it easier to take! And for once we may have an early start on draft night!!!
Same here, I know we are not a top 8 side, cant be up all the time. And I can promise anyone that we will climb the mountain faster than any other club.
Happy to finish down towards the bottom this year and get a top pick.

I'll be at the game. Home game, treat at the home of footy the MCG.

I like that the game starts at 1:45pm. The weather will be improving forecast 17 and sunny for a change.

Don't like going to Marvel at all.

Hope to see a few changes at selection - it's been a while since I've been to the game, the last one was v GWS.

I don't even want to know or predict the outcome but I'd like to see a 4 quarter effort played by the boys.

Theres seriously 0% chance TOB gets dropped
Yep. Fair chance we'll go with Chip on JK, Brand on Allen and TOB on Darling. I can see us playing Sicily forward again with McGovern a likely out and Barrass underdone. That's the only area where the Eagles are vulnerable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back