The positives thread

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was hoping for 10 wins total. I think we'll end up with at least 12.

12 & good percentage normally snags you a finals spot but it didn't last year. 13 would be nicer. But we'll probably need to win a couple of away games to do that.

We say it every week that this game is a big one lol. Again that rings true for the Saints clash. Snagging away wins becomes increasingly harder after that game. GWS, Port, Hawks, Richmond.

Start of the year I would've said a pass mark for us would be in the 8 to 10 win range. Anything above that is A+ range.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another positive. The loss to Carlton yesterday will turn out to have a small silver lining. Play anywhere near that intensity in a few more games this year & they'll comfortably avoid the spoon & the Suns will get it.

Following the Pies shock straight sets finals exit that will leave us with picks 13 & 19 in the draft.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
12 & good percentage normally snags you a finals spot but it didn't last year. 13 would be nicer. But we'll probably need to win a couple of away games to do that.

We say it every week that this game is a big one lol. Again that rings true for the Saints clash. Snagging away wins becomes increasingly harder after that game. GWS, Port, Hawks, Richmond.

Start of the year I would've said a pass mark for us would be in the 8 to 10 win range. Anything above that is A+ range.

A good chance of beating the Hawks in Tasmania - now three wins in a row including the same game last year

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Answerth seems to be the answer to the small defender that we had been crying out for. Obviously a long way to go but there have been some subtle things that I like from the young fella. Hope he continues his trajectory and can be our Nick Smith (highly undated defender IMO) for the next decade.

As has been highlighted might mean that Bailey is pushed out of the back half but this could also be a good thing with some more run/speed around the ball.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Answerth seems to be the answer to the small defender that we had been crying out for. Obviously a long way to go but there have been some subtle things that I like from the young fella. Hope he continues his trajectory and can be our Nick Smith (highly undated defender IMO) for the next decade.

As has been highlighted might mean that Bailey is pushed out of the back half but this could also be a good thing with some more run/speed around the ball.
Since you brought up Answorth, his main KPI you would think would be nullifying his direct opponent as much. Do u know how his opponents have gone?

Thurlo

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Chris Fagan on AFL360 talking about the gambling culture in the AFL... Said there is a player on your list with a gambling problem in the past so the club has a rule that there is no punters club and runs things past that player sometimes to check things are all good.

Worth watching it if you can get a chance but yeah. A pretty strong statement which says a fair bit about your culture off the field and the safe environment they want for your players. Obviously, you can only control your back yard but it looks like you are doing that pretty well.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Chris Fagan on AFL360 talking about the gambling culture in the AFL... Said there is a player on your list with a gambling problem in the past so the club has a rule that there is no punters club and runs things past that player sometimes to check things are all good.

Worth watching it if you can get a chance but yeah. A pretty strong statement which says a fair bit about your culture off the field and the safe environment they want for your players. Obviously, you can only control your back yard but it looks like you are doing that pretty well.

That would be Bundy who I’m sure is championing the cause.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Our percentage improved yesterday but I really hope those 2 score review blunders against Collingwood don't come back to haunt us!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
You need elite players of the competition to win flags, great to see we are building a core of players that are elite in their role.

Elite now- Lachie Neale, Dayne Zorko, Harris Andrews, Daniel Rich, Charlie Cameron.

Close- Darcy Gardiner.

Confident will get there- Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry.

You need elite players of the competition to win flags, great to see we are building a core of players that are elite in their role.

Elite now- Lachie Neale, Dayne Zorko, Harris Andrews, Daniel Rich, Charlie Cameron.

Close- Darcy Gardiner.

Need to add a few more to the latter group. ZB is showing signs.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Close- Darcy Gardiner.
My first thought about Dizzy as "close" was "WTF is he thinking" :) But after thinking about it yeah he would be up there. Rarely gets beaten and has started even launching some attacks from half back.

Back