Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sydney could do it for Alex Johnson (although that didn't turn out to well), I don't see why we can't for Bennell

Depends if there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Knee recons have proven to be successful, however Bennell’s calf is a lot more problematic. How many times over the last 3 years has he got over the injury only to be injured again? It would have to be at least 6 - 8 times where as Johnson was half that and at some point you need to be smart enough to say it’s just not going to happen and the Swans did.

If you know you’ve got a talented player you give them every chance. Have we given every chance to Bennell?

I’d say we’ve come pretty close for Bennell where we draw the line. If we hadn’t given injured players a chance we would’ve delisted Alex Pearce as well. You win some, you lose some. Doubt he’s got another chance unfortunately.

Didn't the club initially say that Lobb was a season ending injury when it was thought that it was a stress fracture (same as Tabs)? Once it was determined that it was an impact injury Lobb's prognosis was adjusted to 4 - 6 weeks.
I'm no expert and I don't know the difference between the two.
That’s what I’m getting at. Initially 8 weeks then 2 days later, mysteriously using a MRI it’s the season. Lobb was adjusted so I’m sure they must’ve gone back again with Matty. The tuning of it with the draft was too coincidental. Probably expect some sort of report on him soon. May to August is 4 months, including May itself

All signs point towards Bennell's injury being better than worse thought, plus Lyon has said Hogan and Hill's injuries are not serious so I'm optimistic.
Facebook Freo site reporting:
Unfortunately the news was not so positive for Harley Bennell who suffered a significant right calf tear in Peel Thunder’s win over Perth on Saturday. :(
Better news for Hogan though....midfoot injury, back in a couple.
Hilly unknown....

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets rookied for 1 year. Hogan to resume footy in a few weeks. Unknown timeframe for Hill, which is disappointing.
Hill would almost be out for the year.. **** knew he should’ve played Peel on limited minutes. We didn’t need him. Cerra would be okay cover whilst Stephen worked his base up. Real great one Strength and conditioning staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets rookied for 1 year. Hogan to resume footy in a few weeks. Unknown timeframe for Hill, which is disappointing.

That's significant too. Has been a bit lost in the Bennell/Hogan news, but that's ANOTHER soft tissue injury to him. Even if on the minor side, he's yet to get his season going and we're heading to the last third already. Really missing the old SHill. :(

I love how the club says unrelated foot sprain, like we’re all idiots.

Same with Hill.

Of course they’re bloody related. When’s the last time you’ve heard of someone getting a random mid foot sprain??
Watch the replay, he launched off his right foot standing nearly on his toes.

Ever tried running in heels?

Bennell is not surprising at all, the continuing injuries to Stephen Hill are a real worry though. Hardly played any footy over the last 2 seasons.

I love how the club says unrelated foot sprain, like we’re all idiots.

Same with Hill.

Of course they’re bloody related. When’s the last time you’ve heard of someone getting a random mid foot sprain??

I did it myself about a few weeks ago, jumping up after foot was planted in a slightly weird way - on the minor side, but still, I never had a navicular injury as such ... so it is possible, no?

Watch the replay, he launched off his right foot standing nearly on his toes.

Ever tried running in heels?

So are you saying they're not related?

His foot is weak or at least weaker or at the very least was weakened. I'm not at all surprised there was 'something' done in his foot. The term unrelated annoys me. If he broke his arm that's unrelated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back