Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in Cabrini Malvern waiting to be topped and tailed after a less than stellar week I can’t make the point strongly enough get yourselves checked out.

Thankfully it was nothing major but you don’t need that stress if you can avoid it. Anyway I was bored so I read the Sun for the first time in years and Andrew Bolt had written quite a good piece on the booing of Adam Goodes. I must admit while I hated it at the time and still do his timeline and reasoning pretty much line up with my memory of it. No doubt plenty of racist rubbish as well but it wasn’t just the AFL who didn’t handle things very well.

Jeff Kennett, absolutely no excuse for what he said it was a stupid thing to say and his problem is with the stadium and it’s contractors not the security guards. What sort of training is provided that sees a guy about to insert himself into a push and shove between players down in Hobart. I was at the junction oval when I was a kid and we were playing Fitzroy bob Murray and another scum bag were really getting stuck into Barry Pascoe, from memory the police came onto the ground. I think that has happened in other matches as well from memory so sometimes the lines get blurred.

Sitting in Cabrini Malvern waiting to be topped and tailed after a less than stellar week I can’t make the point strongly enough get yourselves checked out.

Thankfully it was nothing major but you don’t need that stress if you can avoid it. Anyway I was bored so I read the Sun for the first time in years and Andrew Bolt had written quite a good piece on the booing of Adam Goodes. I must admit while I hated it at the time and still do his timeline and reasoning pretty much line up with my memory of it. No doubt plenty of racist rubbish as well but it wasn’t just the AFL who didn’t handle things very well.

Jeff Kennett, absolutely no excuse for what he said it was a stupid thing to say and his problem is with the stadium and it’s contractors not the security guards. What sort of training is provided that sees a guy about to insert himself into a push and shove between players down in Hobart. I was at the junction oval when I was a kid and we were playing Fitzroy bob Murray and another scum bag were really getting stuck into Barry Pascoe, from memory the police came onto the ground. I think that has happened in other matches as well from memory so sometimes the lines get blurred.

Good to hear your okay Yawkey.

Good to hear your okay Yawkey.
Thanks mate, getting old is so much fun things start packing it in and you have more things you need to check.

I was doing the usual when you give a guy an iPad he immediately when sick starts checking online, here’s a tip don’t. I did find one good thing though that will protect my occasional six pack from the boss, hops is a really helpful heathy thing haha.

I escaped with some benign polyps being removed and a mild case of diverticulitis, believe me that’s a good result.

Thanks mate, getting old is so much fun things start packing it in and you have more things you need to check.

I was doing the usual when you give a guy an iPad he immediately when sick starts checking online, here’s a tip don’t. I did find one good thing though that will protect my occasional six pack from the boss, hops is a really helpful heathy thing haha.

I escaped with some benign polyps being removed and a mild case of diverticulitis, believe me that’s a good result.

I'm not so good with anything medical so I won't google it but sounds bad.

I believe that St.Kilda's next brownlow medalist is Jack Billings, and it is not far away, although his is not getting any recognition from the media or the so called experts. Jack received 11 brownlow votes last season I think he probably have more than that so far this season. Anybody agree?
Just needs some help and to kick a few more goals and he’ll go very close at some stage imo.

I believe that St.Kilda's next brownlow medalist is Jack Billings, and it is not far away, although his is not getting any recognition from the media or the so called experts. Jack received 11 brownlow votes last season I think he probably have more than that so far this season. Anybody agree?
However they will be in shock because they will be wondering how a guy who is not elite won the Brownlow.

They where talking up Gaffs chances last year before the broken jaw report and I'm seeing Billings surpassing anything Gaff has ever done .
Just look at last weeks game 11 tackles and 2 goals from a wing - Gaff after 9 years for WCE has never had more than 7 tackles in a game.

Can we petition for some sort of reduced penalty/early parole? It’s been very quiet since!

Yeah, he's reduced traffic on here by a third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming over next week for richmond game
Yeah i know...we are idiots

But we drive about a bit so qw are wondering if there's any giant cheapo shops about, not just the reject shop in the cbd
Also if theres anything like Paramount Browns over that way ( Google them i cant be assed posting the link) as i need a few things for the yard.
Cheers in advanced

Can anyone with a brain explain how falou has already got 670k in a go fund me page. Madness when there are so many better options to give your money
I think you already know the answer. Imo there would be a fairly broad range of reasons that centre around free speech, religious freedoms and basically an effort to silence dissenting views.

Given that he managed to get in most of humanity I would have just shrugged it off but clearly the ARU don’t feel they can or should. I can say that I’m pretty confident the LGBTI community don’t feel that it’s something that can be ignored. My daughter works with and studies under the same professor as Eric Denison who is writing a thesis on inclusion in rugby and sport, you can read his views on the harm he thinks falou’s views will cause. I think Eric and others have made it quite clear why it’s not ok and have pointed out the contradictory nature of Israel’s statements and his bible quotes, whether that matters in relation to free speech and religion I guess is the question.

It’s definitely taken a strange turn with the go fund me situation, with people lining up on both sides of the debate taking pot shots at each other. I think it will be a while before you have any happy campers in rugby that much seems clear. If his case has any merit seems to differ depending on who you listen too, I guess we’re going to find out.

Last edited:
I think you already know the answer. Imo there would be a fairly broad range of reasons that centre around free speech, religious freedoms and basically an effort to silence dissenting views.

Given that he managed to get in most of humanity I would have just shrugged it off but clearly the ARU don’t feel they can or should. I can say that I’m pretty confident the LGBTI community don’t feel that it’s something that can be ignored. My daughter works with and studies under the same professor as Eric Denison who is writing a thesis on inclusion in rugby and sport, you can read his views on the harm he thinks falou’s views will cause. I think Eric and others have made it quite clear why it’s not ok and have pointed out the contradictory nature of Israel’s statements and his bible quotes, whether that matters in relation to free speech and religion I guess is the question.

It’s definitely taken a strange turn with the go fund me situation, with people lining up on both sides of the debate taking pot shots at each other. I think it will be awhile before you have any happy campers in rugby that much seems clear. If his case has any merit seems to differ depending on who you listen too, I guess we’re going to find out.
It’s more that he doesn’t need the money and he has only pent 100k anyway. Why 3 million. So many better causes. Makes me sick.

It’s more that he doesn’t need the money and he has only pent 100k anyway. Why 3 million. So many better causes. Makes me sick.
He’s just had his contract terminated which considering how lucrative it was would put a real crimp in his plans.

I don’t know much about him other than he can really play rugby and league. I have no idea what the real motivation is at this point, it could be money but I doubt it’s just about the cash. In all probability it’s moved past him and he’s being advised by people with their own agenda. Having said that his earning capacity at present would be severely limited and not likely to improve so who knows.

I understand why but I hate politics, religion etc being dragged into sport. Personally I watch it for a variety of reasons one of which is to escape from this crap so yeah I resent what he’s done on several levels.

I haven’t watched last weeks game yet but have learned enough on here to realise the saints of 2018 are well and truly back. Poor selection, poor effort and poor skills.

I’m #eco.

Got married on Friday and off to the Amalfi coast and Lake Como for 10 days.
Well the weather here in the Greek Islands is perfect, so Amalfi Coast should be excellent. Hopefully you are staying in Positano as I rate it the best village on the Amalfi Coast.

Well the weather here in the Greek Islands is perfect, so Amalfi Coast should be excellent. Hopefully you are staying in Positano as I rate it the best village on the Amalfi Coast.

There was a place in Priano we stayed at that was mint. It's nicer than Positano which is full of other tourists but still 10 minutes up the road. A whole huge villa views three sides...outstanding. Positano gives me the shits, can't get anywhere can't move and all the shops and restaurants seem the same. Priano has great restaurants and is a real village.

There was a place in Priano we stayed at that was mint. It's nicer than Positano which is full of other tourists but still 10 minutes up the road. A whole huge villa views three sides...outstanding. Positano gives me the ****s, can't get anywhere can't move and all the shops and restaurants seem the same. Priano has great restaurants and is a real village.
Well I did actually stay 15 minutes walk south of Positano proper. It was just where the Path of the Gods met the main road. The Path of the Gods being a stunning half day walk.

Below us there was a small private beach which was quite nice. The b&b we were at had a huge private garden terrace. It was quite magical.

Here in Greece we have just spent a week on Naxos at Plaka Beach which was very relaxed with a real sandy beach. The ouzo dulls the pain of watching our last two games.

Well I did actually stay 15 minutes walk south of Positano proper. It was just where the Path of the Gods met the main road. The Path of the Gods being a stunning half day walk.

Below us there was a small private beach which was quite nice. The b&b we were at had a huge private garden terrace. It was quite magical.

Here in Greece we have just spent a week on Naxos at Plaka Beach which was very relaxed with a real sandy beach. The ouzo dulls the pain of watching our last two games.

Nice, I want to head back now. It's fricken freezing in Melbourne.

I hate tennis so i dont watch it . Its a poxy boring flog of a sport. But thats just my view.

BUT....... its so refreshing that when Tennis pops up on the news now that they are showing an Aussie who is talented ,humble and gracious .
So on behalf of other people who dont like Tennis id like to thank Ash Barty for showing some real class when representing our great country.

Unlike those other 2 petulant , embarrassing sooks who seem to get all the media exposure.

It's because he doesn't need it that he wants it.

He's largely used to "others" funding his addiction whilst he runs about a field and plays a game well, the issue he faced is that others initially were not going to keep paying for his opulence and his bankable image in the process took a hit. So, reach out to fans and those who agree or wish to rally against something, and you both gain what you want, with minimal outlay, and your image is somewhat retained since you are talked about and it'll generally still be a 50/50 split between a-hole and "Ok bloke speaking his mind".

Largely same reason why military funding is so great compared to other funding projects. There are much better options, but the image is one of vulnerability as at the heart, it's based around perceived exploitation. So you mitigate them through guns and things which go boom instead of better options that may improve the whole.

I hate tennis so i dont watch it . Its a poxy boring flog of a sport. But thats just my view.

BUT....... its so refreshing that when Tennis pops up on the news now that they are showing an Aussie who is talented ,humble and gracious .
So on behalf of other people who dont like Tennis id like to thank Ash Barty for showing some real class when representing our great country.

Unlike those other 2 petulant , embarrassing sooks who seem to get all the media exposure.

Tennis is largely hilarious to me, it's literally watching a metronome that moves on a 4D plane and people get enthralled with it whilst it's a great naping sport for me since others have to STFU for large elements of it.

That being said I agree, Barty Party for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back