Injury 2019 Injuries

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Is there an obligation to keep him on the list until his rehab is complete? I certainly hope we look after the lad.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is there an obligation to keep him on the list until his rehab is complete? I certainly hope we look after the lad.
Well no, but there are times where the club will allow the player access to their facilities until their rehab is complete, even after being removed from the list. But I don't think now is the time or place to talk about his future at the club. I'm sure the club will look after him regardless of what happens.

DelRe

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If bad luck does come in threes he should retire immediately! What a wretched run of luck.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Hey fellas, any update on the Wallis injury? Expecting him back after the bye or is it sounding a little more serious?

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is still considered "TBC", but when the injury first occurred, they did say he would be unavailable for a "short period of time". I highly doubt he's back straight after the bye though, I'd imagine this ends up a 3 week injury minimum by the sounds of it, but hopefully the club gives an update today

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Wallis - Ankle (TBC)
Greene - Shoulder (TBC)
Webb - Ankle (6-8 Weeks)
Schache - Concussion (Test)
Crozier - Toe (Test)
Duryea - Hip (Test)
Morris - Knee (Test)
Cavarra - Hamstring (Test)

We could be down to just 3 on the injury list come our next game with a number of players expected to return. Shame about Webb & Greene. Two players that I think could've been huge for our side this year were Greene & Cavarra and both have just had a shocking run with injury.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wallis - Ankle (TBC)
Greene - Shoulder (TBC)
Webb - Ankle (6-8 Weeks)
Schache - Concussion (Test)
Crozier - Toe (Test)
Duryea - Hip (Test)
Morris - Knee (Test)
Cavarra - Hamstring (Test)

We could be down to just 3 on the injury list come our next game with a number of players expected to return. Shame about Webb & Greene. Two players that I think could've been huge for our side this year were Greene & Cavarra and both have just had a shocking run with injury.
So disappointing about Greene especially. He showed such enormous potential last year, but has not even come close to breaking into our 22 this year because of one injury after the other. I dislocated my shoulder about 9 years ago, and still have to heavily strap it when playing footy, so hopefully this is nothing serious. Dislocations are a prick of an injury to get

Noticed that Wallis was mentioned in today's "In the Mix" article (and I assume the journo knows SFA)

The Website still has him as a TBC so it seems highly unlikely that he will be ready for Rd 13.

Does anyone have any info on exactly what his issue is and likely timeframe?

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Wallis still TBC, no mention of him being a test. Definitely would rule him out for this weekend
Gowers out with an ankle injury. Unclear of the severity right now
Moz still another week or two. Would come through the VFL as well so wouldn't expect an AFL game for a while
Duryea and Crozier should play AFL this week if they train well on Thursday
Schache and Cavarra fit to play as well.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wallis still TBC, no mention of him being a test. Definitely would rule him out for this weekend
Gowers out with an ankle injury. Unclear of the severity right now
Moz still another week or two. Would come through the VFL as well so wouldn't expect an AFL game for a while
Duryea and Crozier should play AFL this week if they train well on Thursday
Schache and Cavarra fit to play as well.
Frustrating..

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have received some good news on the injury front, with premiership-winning midfielder Tom Liberatore cleared of any ACL or ligament damage on his troublesome right knee.

Liberatore went down clutching his knee during the second quarter of the Bulldogs' narrow three-point victory over Carlton at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

It was initially feared the 27-year-old would require a second reconstruction.

But the Dogs breathed a sigh of relief on Sunday, with scans revealing Liberatore has suffered a cartilage injury and will instead undergo arthroscopic surgery on the affected area.

It is yet to be determined when Liberatore will return from injury, with the Bulldogs expected to outline a more accurate timeframe post-surgery.

Liberatore, who was averaging more than 22 disposals during the first 12 weeks of the season, only last week signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at Whitten Oval until the completion of the 2021 season

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
No injuries in the AFL or VFL this weekend.

Dale Morris assuming gets through training plays this week (again in the VFL), Brad Lynch may play VFL this week.

Fergus Greene has been put in for surgery and his season is over.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No injuries in the AFL or VFL this weekend.

Dale Morris assuming gets through training plays this week (again in the VFL), Brad Lynch may play VFL this week.

Fergus Greene has been put in for surgery and his season is over.
Is this the first we're hearing of Lynch? Swear he hasn't been on our injury list, and there's been no other media releases, yet all of a sudden they're saying he was injured 2 weeks ago. Explains why he hasn't been playing VFL, and I know many of us suspected an injury, but I swear there has been no other communication about it

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Is this the first we're hearing of Lynch? Swear he hasn't been on our injury list, and there's been no other media releases, yet all of a sudden they're saying he was injured 2 weeks ago. Explains why he hasn't been playing VFL, and I know many of us suspected an injury, but I swear there has been no other communication about it
I'm pretty certain there's been no mention of an injury, perhaps an oversight, our media and clarity around injuries leaves a lot to be desired in recent times.

Back