News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Intriguing. Why’s that?

Dockernut

An ex player who I can't name from my footy club who is good mates with Tim Kelly said he and Harley didn't like each other.

Part of the reason why Belly tried moving Bennell on shortly after Bell was appointed.

Posters can take this as BS it makes no difference to me but it was first hand info

Dockernut

An ex player who I can't name from my footy club who is good mates with Tim Kelly said he and Harley didn't like each other.

Part of the reason why Belly tried moving Bennell on shortly after Bell was appointed.

Posters can take this as BS it makes no difference to me but it was first hand info

Fair enough. Could work in our favour then.

Dockernut

If that’s true, Freo should have dropped Harley last season!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockernut

They follow each other on Instagram. Not that it necessarily means much either way, but you’d expect they wouldn’t follow each other if they didn’t like each other. I could be wrong.

They follow each other on Instagram. Not that it necessarily means much either way, but you’d expect they wouldn’t follow each other if they didn’t like each other. I could be wrong.

Yep that's true. It's just what I was told and may not be true. The footy player who was playing for my club defiantly knows T Kelly though as I've met him prior to heading to the cats.

I hope they de-list and then re-pick him in their rookie list as they did with Mora. Give him another year on rookie wages to try and get himself back on track and stay in their system. If he gets right great, if not they have resources he will need to prepare for life after footy so he can move on from footy without coming unstuck like some people have been.

I'd be happy for the club to do that.

He’s finished mate. I think we have carried him enough.
Looks that way. Plus we have currently Dillon OReilly, Ryan Nyhuis and Toby Watson on the Rookie list.

We may need to move someone like Jones or Meek (the other to be delisted) to the rookie list or alternatively at least have a 1st round Rookie selection in that draft. There isn’t this endless amount of list space on the rookie list that people seem to think.

It could come down to Ryan Nyhuis or Bennell. On availability alone I’d choose Ryan but others may have a different view.

Looks that way. Plus we have currently Dillon OReilly, Ryan Nyhuis and Toby Watson on the Rookie list.

We may need to move someone like Jones or Meek (the other to be delisted) to the rookie list or alternatively at least have a 1st round Rookie selection in that draft. There isn’t this endless amount of list space on the rookie list that people seem to think.

It could come down to Ryan Nyhuis or Bennell. On availability alone I’d choose Ryan but others may have a different view.
I'm as shattered about Harley's injuries as anyone, but if the club went down the path of delisting Nyhuis so Bennell could be rookied, I'd be extremely disappointed...clubs need players as dependable and solid as him on their list.

I hope they de-list and then re-pick him in their rookie list as they did with Mora. Give him another year on rookie wages to try and get himself back on track and stay in their system. If he gets right great, if not they have resources he will need to prepare for life after footy so he can move on from footy without coming unstuck like some people have been.

I'd be happy for the club to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back