Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to see Branford Marsalis with the Australian Chamber Orchestra at the Perth Concert Hall last week.

I have seen Branford a couple of times playing jazz.

This was something different and I am glad I made the effort.

The ACO had 1 cello player, 3 viola and 13 violinists, including lead violin Satu Vanska.

Marsalis was flawless. He played on 5 pieces and the ACO played 4 pieces without him.

Incredible musicians playing beautiful music for 2 hours.

Magnificent.

I've been given the green light from the missus to go to Hellfest next year in France. No lineup as yet but this is the one for 2019, i'm sure it's more than acceptable ha ha

1543251560.jpeg

giphy.gif

Also why isn't DT headlining day 1???

Last edited:
I saw The Cure on Saturday night at the Sydney Opera House.

It was an amazing experience. There was a great vibe about the place and it was great to see so many people so genuinely excited.

The first 30 to 40 minutes, they played songs that they had recorded, but discarded during the Disintegration sessions and some that had made B sides. I found this pretty underwhelming. They left the stage "for a couple of minutes to towel off" and came back to play Disintegration in full. Amazed at how many people left the arena as if it was a full intermission. Must have been 500 people missing for the whole of Plainsong and half of Pictures of You.

The Disintegration set was magnificent. Brilliant renditions of each song, with Fascination Street being a massive highlight.

They came back for an encore which was Burn from The Crow soundtrack, which was terrific and then a strange choice to finish the night, Pirate Ships which was a quite lovely song, but totally unknown to me. It was apparently on the Deluxe version of Disintegration.

A great performance, that could have been better.

Going to the Four5Nine Bar tonight at The Rosemount tonight to see The Golden Rail duo. The Golden Rail are a Melbourne band but the 2 members playing tonight grew up in Perth. Playing an acoustic set tonight.

Hello, me and a few mates are heading to Melbourne this weekend and are hoping to see a pub band on the Friday night.

Is there a gig guide we could check out, or better still any suggestions for where to go or who to see? Cheers in advance.

get on songkick.com i think it is - can specify city & date & it will give you a guide to many gigs on. wont have all the local stuff but will have the bigger ones

The Golden Rail Duo were fantastic at The Rosemount. Ian Freeman is a beautiful singer and Jeffrey Baker is a gorgeous guitarist. Well worth catching.

Just bought tickets for the U2 Joshua Tree gig. Got 4 standing for my wife and 3 friends. Waiting for general admission to try and get 2 seats for my son and me.

First saw them in 84, then 89 with BB King, then 2010.

Edit - Got through within seconds for the Live Nation Pre Sale to try and get a couple of $66 seated tickets. I was offered 2 in the back row. Block 545.
Collector Ticket - Reserved Seating - Live Nation Presale
2× AU$279.62
Will give it a miss.
:D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just tried for U2 in the Live Nation pre-sale and no *ing standing available. Any chance people who work during the day get a decent crack at these going forward? Have to say I'm generally lucky usually.

Just tried for U2 in the Live Nation pre-sale and no ruddy standing available. Any chance people who work during the day get a decent crack at these going forward? Have to say I'm generally lucky usually.

My wife got her standing days ago because u2.com members were the first presale. There is an annual fee to be a member. She wasn't a member so was part of the second group that paid for membership after the tour was announced.

Getting tickets nowadays can be a logistical nightmare.

Make Them Suffer with After The Burial in June
Make Them Suffer were great as always. filmed that night for a clip for their new song Hollowed Heart. interested to see if i can spot myself.
After The Burial were super tight & sounded really impressive. vocals not my thing but musically came across really well. drummer a bit of a beast.
Savior were painfully average. super generic.
missed Gravemind but by all reports they were good.

I got the $190 (I think) tix for Joshua tree in the presale.

We’re front on, second row of upper roughly 1km from the stage. Going with my mate and our wives who are both too short to like GA.

Should at least be visually a good show from our spot even tho Bono will be a speck.

Sucks that it’s not at AAMI Park, too small I guess.

An annual fee to be a U2 member to ensure you'll be able to buy a standing tickt at, I assume, a multiple-hundred dollar priced gig.
FMD
I saw them on the Rattle and Hum tour, all GA tickets, $39.90 a pop, you could smoke what you wanted and you got the Weddos and BB King too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back