Portland Trail Blazers Thread

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Can anyone see us winning the series?

Everything would have to go right and Durant would have to miss the whole series for us to be a chance. I think the Warriors will win in 5 or 6, but I'm super proud of our season and playoff run irrespective of what happens.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hammered today but we have room for improvement, 22 Turnovers, shot below 40% from the field and below 30% from 3, we were within 6 after 3. See if we can respond and play a lot better in Game 2.

saintal

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Adel, Portland, QPR, Penrith
Absolutely shattered had our chances to win that, up 15 at the half, up 8 with 5 mins to play, CJ couldn't hit a shot down the stretch, tough loss to take.

Yep, should be 1-1 going back home. Just had to play some half-decent defense in the second half- too many easy buckets in the paint and killed on the o-boards :(

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Absolutely shattered had our chances to win that, up 15 at the half, up 8 with 5 mins to play, CJ couldn't hit a shot down the stretch, tough loss to take.

Said it before and will say it again. Not winning a title with ####ing CJ McCollum our starting SG. Just not going to happen despite him being extremely good offensively at times.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Said it before and will say it again. Not winning a title with ####ing CJ McCollum our starting SG. Just not going to happen despite him being extremely good offensively at times.

In fairness it's a hard one to judge as you aren't going to win a Championship with Aminu, Harkless & Kanter starting at 3,4 & 5. I think you could win a championship with a roster such as Dame, CJ, Paul George, Aminu and Nurk for eg.

I know that's never going to happen obviously.

saintal

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Adel, Portland, QPR, Penrith
Another sizable lead blown. This time it was our offense that went missing after half time. Very flat performance in those last 24 minutes which was hard to swallow given the season was on the line. Lillard with a game to forget.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Strange way to get swept, holding 15+ point leads in Games 2,3 & 4.

What a season. Was not at all confident going into the 1st round, so to get two series wins without Nurk and a WCF appearance was incredible.

I hope we can somehow keep at least 2 of Hood, Kanter & Curry but it's unlikely. Will have to hope Olshey weaves similar magic next year to get us some low cost contributors of that calibre.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So thoughts on the draft ? The kid we got really slipped, was projected to go at around pick 12 on draft night and was touted as a potential top 5 pick 12 months earlier. Hopefully the reasons for him sliding end up irrelevant and we get a steal, only time will tell.

ET traded to Atlanta for Bazemore.

Don't really follow the contract side of things, but I'm assuming we lose Hood as he's a free agent and we can't afford him. Never rated Turner - way too flaky, especially on defence.

Don't really follow the contract side of things, but I'm assuming we lose Hood as he's a free agent and we can't afford him. Never rated Turner - way too flaky, especially on defence.
Baze is certainly a better fit than Turner, both offensively and defensively.

Realistically it looks like we will probably lose 2 or all of Hood, Kanter and Aminu. So this trade somewhat helps to solve on of those. Bigger roles for Collins and Simons next season

We have extended the QO to layman

Back