Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have huge respect for The Bont. His ball use is pretty much as damaging as it gets.

But a couple of things to consider.

1) Bont spends more time across HFF compared to Cripps in the guts. Going to lead to more score involvements
2) Cripps plays for Carlton. There's not too many scores to be involved with.... *sigh*

Agree with both but then they average the same amount of possessions with Cripps only averaging 4 more contested possessions and 2 more clearances. So how do people come to the conclusion that Cripps is daylight ahead of bontempelli

I have huge respect for The Bont. His ball use is pretty much as damaging as it gets.

But a couple of things to consider.

1) Bont spends more time across HFF compared to Cripps in the guts. Going to lead to more score involvements
2) Cripps plays for Carlton. There's not too many scores to be involved with.... *sigh*

Both fair points, but being number one in the league for score involvements when he plays more midfield then forward, shows just how damaging he is. He is also the number one midfielder in the league for metres gained, the only players ahead of him are Lloyd, Rich, Stewart, Smith and Wilson, all defenders.

To the second point, we aren't exactly high scorers, Sam Lloyd is our leading goal kicker... *Sigh* :)

Halfway through this season. How do 80% of people in here say that Cripps is daylight ahead of Bontempelli. Average same amount of possies. Cripps a hole 4 more contested possies a game for a so called contested beast to an outside midfielder.

Bont is outside now? He's more balanced than Cripps (who is about as 'inside' as you can get) but he's no Merrett.

And 2 more clearances.

You've seen what Bont does when you move him to centre clearances.

Now imagine that, just a fair bit better.
Anyone who says Cripps is “way better”, “or a fair bit better” than Bont in any aspect of the game is kidding themselves.

The difference between the two is marginal.

Anyone who says Cripps is “way better”, “or a fair bit better” than Bont in any aspect of the game is kidding themselves.

The difference between the two is marginal.

Cripps is a fair bit better than Bont inside. Bont is a far bigger weapon on the outside. Cripps is much better with his hands than Bont. Bont is the better kick.

Both guns that go 1 and 2 if you do the draft again. The order is probably team needs dependent.

And 2 more clearances.

You've seen what Bont does when you move him to centre clearances.

Now imagine that, just a fair bit better.

Considering Cripps would of attended a lot more centre bounce than bont i wouldn't say a fair bit better. Also no comment all other stats. Cripps averages 10 kicks a game that is nowhere near enough. And also only 266 metres a game which tells me he is always taking the short easy kicks when he does actually kick it. No where near damaging enough.

Cripps is a fair bit better than Bont inside. Bont is a far bigger weapon on the outside. Cripps is much better with his hands than Bont. Bont is the better kick.

Both guns that go 1 and 2 if you do the draft again. The order is probably team needs dependent.

Bonts hands in and around stoppages and contested areas are amazing.

Agree with both but then they average the same amount of possessions with Cripps only averaging 4 more contested possessions and 2 more clearances. So how do people come to the conclusion that Cripps is daylight ahead of bontempelli
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to anyone who says one is ‘daylight’ ahead of the other. It just displays that they’re not watching either of them, or one of them.

Both are similar with Cripps having a better season due to a few more ‘standout’ performances I reckon. He’s had a silly amount of BOG’s this year.

Both their careers will be epic.

Considering Cripps would of attended a lot more centre bounce than bont i wouldn't say a fair bit better. Also no comment all other stats. Cripps averages 10 kicks a game that is nowhere near enough. And also only 266 metres a game which tells me he is always taking the short easy kicks when he does actually kick it. No where near damaging enough.

Metres gained is a nothing stat. His role is to get the ball to the outside mids and he does this brilliantly.

Look I am a big fan of both and believe both are guns.

But for you to dispute that Cripps is clearly ahead in the inside game against Bont is just one-eyed nonsense. Cripps has the best inside game in the comp. He arguably is the best of all time at it.

Bont has his strengths, but you're being childish if you think anyone, let alone Bont is similar to Cripps in terms of inside work.

Grow up, you're detracting from the reasonable conversations your fellow dogs supporters are contributing to.

Look I am a big fan of both and believe both are guns.

But for you to dispute that Cripps is clearly ahead in the inside game against Bont is just one-eyed nonsense. Cripps has the best inside game in the comp. He arguably is the best of all time at it.

Bont has his strengths, but you're being childish if you think anyone, let alone Bont is similar to Cripps in terms of inside work.

Grow up, you're detracting from the reasonable conversations your fellow dogs supporters are contributing to.

Cripps is the best inside player in the game im just saying that 80% of people in this thread were saying that Cripps is daylight better than Bont. And some people were calling Bont an outside Mid. I was just giving the facts that Cripps averages 16.5 contested possessions to Bont 12.5 or whatever it was and also the facts that Cripps averages 8 clearances to 6 even though he would be at a lot more stoppages.

To me having the best inside game doesn't make you the best player in the comp. I would rather a player that does both and would rather a player that kicks the ball more than 10 times a game. That's just my opinion. Cripps dominated around the ball the 1st time we met this year but out of 37 possessions he kicked the ball 5 times that is not enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than Diesel?
Arguably, as in there's an argument to be made he is, although it's hard to compare between eras.

Diesel probably shades him in vision and footy smarts.

However, Cripps is heavier and around a foot taller than him. Genetics/physical freakishness would play a part.

As I said, hard to compare between eras.

I'm slightly disappointed that the Bont hasn't put in a real game changing, dominant four quarter performance this year. He has the ability to break a game wide open. His field kicking has been slightly off the last couple of weeks.

He's been copping a heavy tag recently, and without his enforcer Libba to back him up he's been finding life more difficult.

There's no doubt Cripps is the premier inside player, but Bont has to play multiple roles within the team. I think he's trying too hard to be everything, he looks frustrated at times. No doubt his teammates inability to kick over a puddle doesn't help.

Also, Cripps has Kreuzer, while we have the worst ruckman in the league based on hitouts by a considerable margin.

The great thing is neither of them are near their prime yet. Plenty to come.

If Caleb Daniel was a foot taller he'd be better than both of them. But if my grandmother shat bitcoins I'd be knee deep in ladies and liquor

Arguably, as in there's an argument to be made he is, although it's hard to compare between eras.

Diesel probably shades him in vision and footy smarts.

However, Cripps is heavier and around a foot taller than him. Genetics/physical freakishness would play a part.

As I said, hard to compare between eras.

I like Cripps, he is a very good young player. No chance he is the best inside player of all time, let alone the best inside player in Carlton's history. Diesel had a lot more effect on the game for a start and I don't know Carlton players all that well.

I like Cripps, he is a very good young player. No chance he is the best inside player of all time, let alone the best inside player in Carlton's history. Diesel had a lot more effect on the game for a start and I don't know Carlton players all that well.
Aside from your attempted point, your use of "let alone" is incorrect. You should have placed "Carlton" and "all time" the other way round.

It's harder to be best all time than it is best of one club. The harder achievement should be placed after "let alone".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back