Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Harrison Jones - pick 7, 2017 rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

For those across the VFL, how did Harry go this year?

Would anyone be kind enough to give some insights?

Possibly the least exposed player on our list this year.

From what I’ve seen, a good mark, nice kick, but needs to put on a fair bit of size to compete. At this stage just can’t find enough of the footy.
However, a mate of mine who watches a lot of box hill and rarely makes early positive calls, (he’s written blokes off after a quarter) reckons he could be an absolute steal for where we picked him up.

From what I’ve seen, a good mark, nice kick, but needs to put on a fair bit of size to compete. At this stage just can’t find enough of the footy.
However, a mate of mine who watches a lot of box hill and rarely makes early positive calls, (he’s written blokes off after a quarter) reckons he could be an absolute steal for where we picked him up.
I really like what little I have seen of him. Tested very well at draft camp and I’m bullish about his long term prospects.

I really like what little I have seen of him. Tested very well at draft camp and I’m bullish about his long term prospects.

As am I, looks composed and is very explosive. Had his injury issues in the underage comps (as with most of our late picks) so he needs time.

He plays like Jordan Lewis does not have the pace but as hard as they come.

I think the pace can be developed because he tested really well for vertical jump. He has explosiveness in his legs, which normally transfers pretty strongly to speed off the mark.

The club will be focusing on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, as above posters have mentioned would like to see this bloke cop a gig at senior level. Probably bring these debutantes in one or two(max) at a time, need lots of experience around them

Jones has improved a lot over the last month. With a lot of retirements coming up don’t be surprised if he’s elevated to the senior list at the end of the year.

Round 12: 29 disposals - 4 tackles - 9 inside 50s - 1 goal
Round 13: 29 disposals - 8 tackles - 5 inside 50s - 1 goal
Round 14: 21 disposals - 9 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 1 goal

2018 vs 2019 (12 games)
16 disposals - 20 disposals
2 marks - 3 marks
3 tackles - 6 tackles
2 inside 50s - 4 inside 50s
0.1 goals per game - 0.6 goals per game

Surely the Gold Coast game is his big chance? Has been inching closer and closer to a debut and a little taste for it at the arse end of the season will do wonders for his confidence into the off-season

The hype on this kid, on bigfooty at least, is pretty huge. Hope he's not another Tom Schneider.

We had a few irrational souls on the Tom " T For Treacle" bandwagon, didn't we? They lost it when he was delisted.

Almost as great a travesty as when we got rid of future Brownlow medalist Trent Stubbs!

The hype on this kid, on bigfooty at least, is pretty huge. Hope he's not another Tom Schneider.

Interesting comment. I could never understand the Tom Schneider hype, short, slow midfielder who couldn’t kick over a jam tin. He was a good accumulator but couldn’t play anywhere else bar midfield. The outrage over his delisting was even more dumbfounding.

I’m a big Harry Jones fan. Will he make it? - I don’t know but IMO he is a vastly superior player to Tom Schneider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back