List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did the sa v metro game even happen? The afl does an incredible job making these games invisible when they could easily pump up interest and engagement in championships, combine and draft.

I'm just going to assume sa without taheny losing to metro means that taheny is going to be ports draft steal?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just watched the sa v Vic m game

Anderson is clearly the number 1 pick.

Worrell continued to kick goals. Someone will pounce on him early. I’m not sure I would target him for port though but I do like him.

I’ve liked potter more as the champs have gone on. He’s gotten a little better every game. He will provide teams with some scares but he is the fastest guy going around and then some. Again not sure I want him at port as I really want 2 way players in defense like garner and burton but he is electric and we do need run in the back half, it’s why we persist with bonner

Was very good to see Jeka in. Should have been playing all champs probably I like him much more than dean. I wouldn’t take him early as I think he is a project player but if we are taking a forward take Jeka. And we really need another forward on the list. Hopefully he slides to a pick between 30-50 and then I would pounce. Someone might bite earlier with lack of talls in this draft tho.

Stephens. I thought he was great. If that is a down game for him sign me up. He worked his butt off into space. Such a great runner. I want this guy for port badly.

Mead was everywhere. Played as an on-baller all game and got his hands on it a lot. Surprisingly you would think that would be a positive but I’m even less sold on him than before and I’ve been his biggest critic. He just doesn’t have the pace or quickness to get away from congestion to buy time to dispose of it so he does lots of cheap handpasses to players in the same congestion he is or just puts the ball on the boot. I don’t like him inside at all. On the outside his ball use by foot is very good but doesn’t show enough as an outside player. Sadly I’m very certain he is a sanfl player and that is harsh and I hope he proves me wrong. I’m hoping we get him as a rookie right now.

Pickett looks lively when the ball is in his area and is completely invisible when it’s not. He should sign 1 year contracts with whatever team in the league is the best team at the time because I don’t think he would look good at all in trash teams.

Schoenberg. One of my highlights of the champs for sa. Would love to know what his testing is like? Macca19 ? Cause he just absolutely blitzes around contests. I love his running. Can find the ball. Lowers his eyes when kicking. Yes pls.

Gould has probably dropped down these champs for mine. Still looks a very good prospect but has seemed to be less intercepting mark taking good ball user of last champs and more zone off quarterback chip the ball type this year. Last year I thought some of his kicking opened up the game while this year just moved it on, although he has made decisions very quickly and without hesitation which is impressive.

Will day did what we’ve already seen of him. He moves so much like an afl footballer that I would swear he is some re-incarnation of a 300game player. Just natural instincts coming out the wazoo and real smooooth.

Didn’t notice hilder as much today but just can’t think of hilder and finlay ever doing much wrong. Such solid players.

Loved the way finlay attacked the ball in the air. I didn’t notice him as much but still that intent from him.

Edwards is another that looks like he’s played 100 games of afl football already lol. Natural.

Shute was okay.

Didn’t like coff. Sladojevic either. I get the feeling that finlay would be Sa’s best kf if they played him there but he’s too good down back.

Searle had a very good game.

Last edited:

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the first half yesterday. I might as well give my thoughts for posterity!

Pickett is an impact player. He was okay in a pretty poor team with limited opportunities. He should be fine as a pressure forward. I can't see why he would be a high draft pick but he could still be a useful player.

Stephens was fine. I warmed to him. He is a bit nice but not in a bad way. He worked hard, has decent speed and disposal. He isn't exciting but he just looks like he will develop into a very good player.

Day is interesting. He's like a loping, lean gazelle. He does some really nice stuff and some really ordinary stuff. He moves well and should be a player when he puts on some size.

Mead was fine. He's a nice kick. He's in and about it. Tackles well. He lacks a major weapon but he looks a good player.

Some dude called Magor who i hadn't heard of. I really liked him. Chunky kid, but not in a bad way. Reminded me of Jason Porplyzia. Moved well. Moved to the right spots. Stayed involved. I'm not sure what role he could play at afl. Maybe he could go forward.

Gould. He looks so old that it's off putting. He moves well and kicks well. Not that tall. Hopefully turns into someone like Hurn?

All the defenders were pretty good, but it was a bit difficult to see numbers. Moore (194cm) and Grivell (191cm) showed some pretty good attributes for players who haven't had much spruiking.

Vic Metro had more flow to there game than SA.

Rowell and Anderson were fine but you would hope so for pick 1 and 2? Rowell's kicking was better than last game which makes him more damaging. Anderson shanked a few but still looked classy.

Worrell did a nice lead, mark and is a very good kick.

Jeka didn't look particularly fit. He's a big lump with some potential but his kicking didn't look great and he may struggle with the ball on the ground / defensively.

Mahony seemed to pop up constantly and play smart football. I remember liking Ralphsmith...not sure why?! Bergman has some nice mits as a wing /third forward.

Not sure what Schoenbergs testing is but he has some good burst speed and good agility. Wish he was a touch taller, but he reminds me a bit of Tom Sparrow from last year.

Mead has no real weapon but he's a good kick, a dogged worker and is decent around the packs. He's a short 184cm though.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
I watched the first half yesterday. I might as well give my thoughts for posterity!

Pickett is an impact player. He was okay in a pretty poor team with limited opportunities. He should be fine as a pressure forward. I can't see why he would be a high draft pick but he could still be a useful player.

Stephens was fine. I warmed to him. He is a bit nice but not in a bad way. He worked hard, has decent speed and disposal. He isn't exciting but he just looks like he will develop into a very good player.

Day is interesting. He's like a loping, lean gazelle. He does some really nice stuff and some really ordinary stuff. He moves well and should be a player when he puts on some size.

Mead was fine. He's a nice kick. He's in and about it. Tackles well. He lacks a major weapon but he looks a good player.

Some dude called Magor who i hadn't heard of. I really liked him. Chunky kid, but not in a bad way. Reminded me of Jason Porplyzia. Moved well. Moved to the right spots. Stayed involved. I'm not sure what role he could play at afl. Maybe he could go forward.

Gould. He looks so old that it's off putting. He moves well and kicks well. Not that tall. Hopefully turns into someone like Hurn?

All the defenders were pretty good, but it was a bit difficult to see numbers. Moore (194cm) and Grivell (191cm) showed some pretty good attributes for players who haven't had much spruiking.

Vic Metro had more flow to there game than SA.

Rowell and Anderson were fine but you would hope so for pick 1 and 2? Rowell's kicking was better than last game which makes him more damaging. Anderson shanked a few but still looked classy.

Worrell did a nice lead, mark and is a very good kick.

Jeka didn't look particularly fit. He's a big lump with some potential but his kicking didn't look great and he may struggle with the ball on the ground / defensively.

Mahony seemed to pop up constantly and play smart football. I remember liking Ralphsmith...not sure why?! Bergman has some nice mits as a wing /third forward.
I’m half way through as well and this basically nails my thoughts. About to watch the second half. Some of the SA mids suffer a little because they have absolutely no forward line to kick to, except Pickett who is very small.

Day is really interesting. One moment you think he’s got it all (except 25kgs) and then his next involvement is a bit of a Pittard moment. Would be keen to see him play on a wing or half forward.

Mead I think is a bit better than the reviews he’s getting on here. Once we draft him I’d be handcuffing him to Tom Rockliff because that’s the exact type of player Mead is. Hard at the contest first possession winner who can accumulate big numbers around the ground. His disposal is good to very good. Shame he’s not taller or quicker but he looks a footballer to me.

I challenge anyone to pick who will play the most AFL out of Mead, Robinson, Rantall and Dow. I’ve got the guy who can kick fairly high on that list.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Mead sounds like a third rounder.
Bailey Scott was bid on at pick 49 last year which is mid 3rd round. Probably about right in terms of player comparison. Scott was AA in his draft year and Mead likely will be too. I think that would be great value for us as it looks like being for North.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bryan was very good in ruck for metro. I think sa's midfield is hampered by being relatively non competitive in the ruck. Also the lack of a dominant inside mid. I think mead and Stephens would look better in a stronger unit. Also forwards like Pickett would look better with supply and stronger players around him. (It also makes tahenys injured game last week look better)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mead I think is a bit better than the reviews he’s getting on here. Once we draft him I’d be handcuffing him to Tom Rockliff because that’s the exact type of player Mead is. Hard at the contest first possession winner who can accumulate big numbers around the ground. His disposal is good to very good. Shame he’s not taller or quicker but he looks a footballer to me.

From what I've seen it's just the one poster very much set in a position regarding Mead.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m half way through as well and this basically nails my thoughts. About to watch the second half. Some of the SA mids suffer a little because they have absolutely no forward line to kick to, except Pickett who is very small.

Day is really interesting. One moment you think he’s got it all (except 25kgs) and then his next involvement is a bit of a Pittard moment. Would be keen to see him play on a wing or half forward.

I challenge anyone to pick who will play the most AFL out of Mead, Robinson, Rantall and Dow. I’ve got the guy who can kick fairly high on that list.

Challenge accepted

Robertson is a very good chance. He’s a genuine inside ball winner who gut runs. I don’t know how good he will be but it’s hard not to see him playing afl.

Rantall and dow I can’t read very well either way.

From what I've seen it's just the one poster very much set in a position regarding Mead.

Yeah pretty much. Set isn’t the right word. Ive been actively looking very hard for reasons why he will make it. I’ve watched him for a couple of years now including those 2 grand finals last year. I pointed out the things I liked very much but expressed concerns. This year pretty much solidified those concerns. There’s still a chance he becomes something but he probably needs to become a Travis Boak level runner, which looks unlikely, or a Ollie wines level extractor, which also looks unlikely. If he doesn’t become elite at running or stoppages I can’t see him making it. His first champs game was horrible to be honest. This game where he played onballer showed his inside ability a bit, but he doesn’t look anywhere near as good as drew or atley inside. Not creative by handball release, not able to break free of congestion. Not able to outbody guys like wines or Rockliff can.

Eh hopefully I’m wrong. Would love to be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one between those 4 players. Each of Dow, Rantall, Mead & Robertson could end up better. At the moment i've got them:

14 - Robertson
21 - Dow
26 - Mead
34 - Rantall

in my rankings.

Each I can see playing 100 games or less than a dozen. Robertson is the best inside, Mead has the best kick, Rantall is the best accumulator.

I've only just started going through the tapes, but Flanders is really growing on me.

Thoughts on him avid draft watchers ??

Gun. I've got him 4th on my list. Super strong, quick, good kick, can play inside mid, can play outside mid, can be a match winner up forward. Very good.

Mango13

Draftee
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tough one between those 4 players. Each of Dow, Rantall, Mead & Robertson could end up better. At the moment i've got them:

14 - Robertson
21 - Dow
26 - Mead
34 - Rantall

in my rankings.

Each I can see playing 100 games or less than a dozen. Robertson is the best inside, Mead has the best kick, Rantall is the best accumulator.
Who are your top 20

Halways

#Always
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn

I would suggest it's just a case of getting used to the pace of the game at representative level. Having not played at this level previously. Day has played a total of 4 SANFL U18 games in 2 years and 2 State trials leading into the champs - a total of 8 games above school footy level.

Who are your top 20

Today its:

1. Anderson
2. Rowell
3. Young
4. Flanders
5. Worrell
6. Stephens
7. Serong
8. Gould
9. Green
10. O'Neill
11. Sharp
12. Jackson
13. Ash
14. Robertson
15. Taheny
16. Cassar
17. Kemp
18. Jeka
19. Williams
20. McAsey

Will probably change again tomorrow!

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Today its:

1. Anderson
2. Rowell
3. Young
4. Flanders
5. Worrell
6. Stephens
7. Serong
8. Gould
9. Green
10. O'Neill
11. Sharp
12. Jackson
13. Ash
14. Robertson
15. Taheny
16. Cassar
17. Kemp
18. Jeka
19. Williams
20. McAsey

Will probably change again tomorrow!

You really like Jeka

I like kemp between 5-13. Size power agility. At worst I think he’s a good utility, at best a top mid.

Where would you have finlay ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back