Feedback New features and New Issues in Forum version 2.1

All good - appears just the language in the alerts has changed. Now says stuff is ‘liked’ instead of ‘reacted to’ when liked.

Just got my first non-like react (angry) and the alert spelled that out, too.

I expect this to happen a lot now because my posts are bad.

Also the button now says ‘like’ again, but you can hold to get the emojis, whereas I swear it said ‘react’ this morning.
Yes I changed it with a new add-on. People pointed out that the language was awkward and I agreed.

reacts.png

I'm a fan however, this irks me a bit. Can we unbold the type of reaction or even delete it altogether and just leave the emoji?

Especially the "with 👍Like" - just feels too busy.

Or another idea, "DemonJim Haha'd your post in the thread..."
OK I have fixed it just for you!

I can see the cover in thsi thread:

Can you?
I cannot. Im 99% certain that I put a cover on this thread too, but I don't even see an option to edit it anymore. I thought it may be just the image not loading as I am on a plane using their shitty wifi, but with the option missing I don't know. Could it be a permissions issue?

I cannot. Im 99% certain that I put a cover on this thread too, but I don't even see an option to edit it anymore. I thought it may be just the image not loading as I am on a plane using their ****ty wifi, but with the option missing I don't know. Could it be a permissions issue?

View attachment 698236
Looks like it. Probably got reset when the addon was updated to 2.1.

Something up with the watch bar or whatever its called (Purple bar up the top)? Every link just takes me to the first page of the thread and it doesn't get removed from the bar.

Nevermind, I think I know what it is. For some reason a few really, really old threads have been getting bumped and it takes me to page one, this leads to another issue that I've noticed for a long time but never bought up.

We used to have that little dot next to a thread we could click to take us to the first unread post. That changed when the forum version changed and just clicking on the thread would do it instead. That works, except for old threads. It will always take you to the first page of that thread then you have to click 'Jump to new' to get to where you actually want to be. I don't know at what point this changes, but it seems to be around the 6 month mark (ie: if there hasn't been a post for 6 months then someone bumps the thread, the alert will always take you to page one, not the new post). Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Something up with the watch bar or whatever its called (Purple bar up the top)? Every link just takes me to the first page of the thread and it doesn't get removed from the bar.

Nevermind, I think I know what it is. For some reason a few really, really old threads have been getting bumped and it takes me to page one, this leads to another issue that I've noticed for a long time but never bought up.

We used to have that little dot next to a thread we could click to take us to the first unread post. That changed when the forum version changed and just clicking on the thread would do it instead. That works, except for old threads. It will always take you to the first page of that thread then you have to click 'Jump to new' to get to where you actually want to be. I don't know at what point this changes, but it seems to be around the 6 month mark (ie: if there hasn't been a post for 6 months then someone bumps the thread, the alert will always take you to page one, not the new post). Hope that makes sense.
The "Read Marking Data Lifetime" was set to 30 days. I have set it to 365 days.

Chief in the last 45 minutes or so between checking in, I have gone from 12 unread threads to 477. Any reason why? A lot of the so called unread ones, I have read today.

Chief in the last 45 minutes or so between checking in, I have gone from 12 unread threads to 477. Any reason why? A lot of the so called unread ones, I have read today.
I changed the length of time it keeps your Last Read data from 30 days to 365 days.

I reckon it has had the side effect of making heaps of watched threads unread. Maybe all of them.

Gotta love scripters writing user-facing software.

Every Monday I have to click the "change width" button to set the forum to its widest width again. It seems to reset itself every week. It's only a click every 7 days, but thought I should mention it.

Can I please have a brown dog badge?

Every Monday I have to click the "change width" button to set the forum to its widest width again. It seems to reset itself every week. It's only a click every 7 days, but thought I should mention it.

Can I please have a brown dog badge?
1. I will check - might just be the cookie or session expiry time.

2. Yes.

1. I will check - might just be the cookie or session expiry time.

2. Yes.
It's actually just reset itself again (back to thinner width), so if you did something, it did something.

5:09pm edit: and its happened again.

Last edited:
I changed the length of time it keeps your Last Read data from 30 days to 365 days.

I reckon it has had the side effect of making heaps of watched threads unread. Maybe all of them.

Gotta love scripters writing user-facing software.
Chief as I posted above what ever you did reduced my unread threads from 470 odd to 100 back at the end of June. I then clicked on all of them to read including the old ones.

But 4 or 5 times since then about 8-12 threads from around ANZAC day this year, keep popping up as unread. The same happened again last night or early this morning. I clicked on them before to clear them but can't be arsed doing it again. is there any reason why they keep pop up for around late April? (currently 9 threads last posted in between 24th and 27th April come up as unread.)

Chief as I posted above what ever you did reduced my unread threads from 470 odd to 100 back at the end of June. I then clicked on all of them to read including the old ones.

But 4 or 5 times since then about 8-12 threads from around ANZAC day this year, keep popping up as unread. The same happened again last night or early this morning. I clicked on them before to clear them but can't be arsed doing it again. is there any reason why they keep pop up for around late April? (currently 9 threads last posted in between 24th and 27th April come up as unread.)
I’m trying to edge the alert expiry out every few days so some might pop up. I will leave it a few days so you don’t get these reappearing.

Back