Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Taylor. Has that * you attitude needed to make it.

Henry has done some nice things, but he needs to dominate a bit more. You can tell his playing style has been influenced by the boys at Fremantle, especially the way he uses his body reminds me of Sonny sans head-ducking.

Dont think it will matter who he supports. Would you choose playing for your number 1 team in a different state, or your 2nd team in your home state. Different personalities choose different things but I think the majority would choose to stay in your home state if possible

This is from May 2018
"However, Kobe Farmer, 16, the son of former livewire Jeff, is showing plenty of promise playing at Mandurah in Western Australia. The youngster would be eligible to play for Melbourne or Fremantle with Jeff playing more than 100 games for both clubs. The Demons are hoping Kobe may be able to participate in some of their father-son academy activities later this year. "

Though no mention of him at their father son day in April

Jeff was apparently working in Melbourne last year
"Having returned from Western Australia to work on the level crossing removal projects around Victoria, the 41-year-old has immersed himself back into life in Melbourne."

This is from May 2018
"However, Kobe Farmer, 16, the son of former livewire Jeff, is showing plenty of promise playing at Mandurah in Western Australia. The youngster would be eligible to play for Melbourne or Fremantle with Jeff playing more than 100 games for both clubs. The Demons are hoping Kobe may be able to participate in some of their father-son academy activities later this year. "

Though no mention of him at their father son day in April

Jeff was apparently working in Melbourne last year
"Having returned from Western Australia to work on the level crossing removal projects around Victoria, the 41-year-old has immersed himself back into life in Melbourne."
The son is living in WA and father living in Victoria.

Yeah baby.
It’s exciting all right but the skeptic in me reckons melbourne have definitely got Jeff over and accomodated him with employment in the hope it may sway the young farmer...especially when it’s looking likely he may be a decent prospect

Richmond pretty much did the like , except it being via schooling with Maurice jr.
The difference being him from the top end so he had no strong ties to come to wa where his dad really made a name for himself(and where his true football loyalties laid-Souths), that and Richmond offer bulk cash to Maurice jr and family.

It’s exciting all right but the skeptic in me reckons melbourne have definitely got Jeff over and accomodated him with employment in the hope it may sway the young farmer...especially when it’s looking likely he may be a decent prospect

Richmond pretty much did the like , except it being via schooling with Maurice jr.
The difference being him from the top end so he had no strong ties to come to wa where his dad really made a name for himself(and where his true football loyalties laid-Souths), that and Richmond offer bulk cash to Maurice jr and family.
Pretty dumb from our club not to do something similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure but reckon we definitely trade out our first next year for another first this year regardless
A lot of unknowns.

Not sure Henry will go.

Western and Walker brothers are too far out to tell.

The general principle I agree with regarding swapping for future picks.

Most teams overrate their chances for the next season and their ability to spot talent ie the Stocker trade.

I really think that smart teams will capitalize on this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the following year. The club has been slow to announce any NGA in the U16 age group

Ben Cameron saying he is already in our academy working with Tendai

There is a chance Walker and Western might get taken off us with the NGA review.
Very good chance.
The reviews main purpose will be to downsize and place all manner of restrictions on the WA clubs zones....then the corresponding review of the Victorian clubs zones will be to find “nothing to see here, business as usual”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back