LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

I found the post I was referring to but it seems you were referring to total cholesterol and not ratios

Oops, yep the other way. More die of CVD with low cholesterol than high. Not by much, but it shows going all out to lower total cholesterol isn't the be all and end all.

The truth about red meat is that it’s awesome

Unsurprisingly this hack from the DAA on sunrise this morning wasn’t a fan

99d2fd30546fe20145e06bda28756268.jpg

Is that another one of those studies where they compare all-cause mortality of health conscious vegetarians to Maccas eating, beer guzzling, non-exercising couch potatoes?

Is that another one of those studies where they compare all-cause mortality of health conscious vegetarians to Maccas eating, beer guzzling, non-exercising couch potatoes?

They didn’t even discuss the actual study, just spoke about the need to not eat more than 150g servings and selecting eye fillet and other lean cuts

The great irony being the dietician they had one was overweight, out of shape and full of botox and lip filler. A real picture of health.

I source my beef from a local farmer who supplies me organic, grass fed beef for $17 a kilo for a quarter share of the animal (20kg). It is the best beef I have tasted, lovely fat distribution, great flavour and supporting a small farm owner. Chuck it in the chest freezer and it lasts me a couple of months.

I eat a 200g serve of some kind of meat (usually beef, pork or chicken) every night and look for the fattier cuts with more flavour and nutrients. Mix in some offal with mince to make a pie or bolognese once a week and usually have a salad topped up with the left over meat from the dinner before. Brekkie is always eggs.

They didn’t even discuss the actual study, just spoke about the need to not eat more than 150g servings and selecting eye fillet and other lean cuts

The great irony being the dietician they had one was overweight, out of shape and full of botox and lip filler. A real picture of health.
Yikes. I eat 300g of mince for lunch twice a day and 250g-300g of pork, chicken or beef for dinner.

I source my beef from a local farmer who supplies me organic, grass fed beef for $17 a kilo for a quarter share of the animal (20kg). It is the best beef I have tasted, lovely fat distribution, great flavour and supporting a small farm owner. Chuck it in the chest freezer and it lasts me a couple of months.

Exactly what I do. We might get it from the same place.

I also get a side of pork delivered straight from a free range farm down south for the same price. Between the two of them it should last me the better part of a year.

Combined with my home grown free range eggs, it's about as ethical as I can get without going vego.

KFC Original Recipe Fillet's are a pretty decent fast food option when your stuck for a feed, on 5.4g of carbs per fillet. Zingers not bad either at 8.4g
forget the carbs. i'd be more concerned about the polyunsaturated fats and a whole bunch of additives that i cant pronounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KFC Doubles are the GOAT fast food.

Thank god they don't offer them all year round or I'd look Stewie Dew's fatter cousin.

When you eat almost zero processed foods like I do, and get the biannual over the top cravings for some greasy KFC and cave in, the chemical/metallic taste in my mouth that takes a few hours to get rid of is almost unbearable. Its disgusting. On a pure body health perspective, I couldn't imagine the the whole KFC nutritional/ingredients pacjage being good for anyone on a regular basis.

When you eat almost zero processed foods like I do, and get the biannual over the top cravings for some greasy KFC and cave in, the chemical/metallic taste in my mouth that takes a few hours to get rid of is almost unbearable. Its disgusting. On a pure body health perspective, I couldn't imagine the the whole KFC nutritional/ingredients pacjage being good for anyone on a regular basis.

Do you deep fry any food at home?

The Colonel is my favourite of all take aways but I don't visit him much these days. Wicked wings are one of the tastiest things ever created.

Any of you guys used an air fryer? Wondering if that might be a way to make a guilty pleasure not so guilty.

The Colonel is my favourite of all take aways but I don't visit him much these days. Wicked wings are one of the tastiest things ever created.

Any of you guys used an air fryer? Wondering if that might be a way to make a guilty pleasure not so guilty.
My Air Fryer is my number 1 used item.

Tegel_Flame_Grilled_Chicken_Breast_x700.jpg

These are my jam. A couple of these with spinach is (Y)

My Air Fryer is my number 1 used item.

Tegel_Flame_Grilled_Chicken_Breast_x700.jpg

These are my jam. A couple of these with spinach is (Y)

Interesting. How well would it go cooking something panko crumbed or similar? Does it actually got similar to deep fried? Bit of a fan of Korean fried chicken but definitely don't want a deep fryer or to be shallow frying

Interesting. How well would it go cooking something panko crumbed or similar? Does it actually got similar to deep fried? Bit of a fan of Korean fried chicken but definitely don't want a deep fryer or to be shallow frying
I've tried Panko crumbed, albeit frozen, chicken in there and its fine. It's just like an over. I would play around with some small stuff and work up. I think it would be ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back