LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

A hot Nando's wrap and seriously large chips with peri peri salt is my once every month or so guilty treat day lunch, then have some ice cream and licorice all sorts a bit later in the afternoon. Mmmmm!

A hot Nando's wrap and seriously large chips with peri peri salt is my once every month or so guilty treat day lunch, then have some ice cream and licorice all sorts a bit later in the afternoon. Mmmmm!
High carb, high fat. Living the dream.

Nandos for me is Half chicken, 4 thighs and garden salad :(

Interesting study showing greater lean mass gain during caloric surplus on a diet high in polyunsaturated fats vs a diet high in saturated fats

Edit - use this link to look at the study if you’re on tapa

Last edited:

Interesting study showing greater lean mass gain during caloric surplus on a diet high in polyunsaturated fats vs a diet high in saturated fats

Edit - use this link to look at the study if you’re on tapa

Urgh I just realised their saturated fat source was fkin palm oil, wtf?

It would be a far more compelling study if they had used animal fats

It gets better

705e5e1359cdcc0f565e2bf982ce02c7.jpg

Made some pretty epic keto brownies last night

followed this recipe but slightly overcooked them

My tips are
-use the minimum amount of xylitol recommended 140g
-xylitol does state on the container that excessive consumption may have a laxative effect, so don’t gorge too hard
-make sure you have a small brownie tin or tray to bake them in as the default recipe quantities doesn’t net a large amount of batter. And you want relatively thick brownies or they’ll dry out
-I garnished mine with some chopped up Lindt chocolate but some chopped walnuts or peanuts either scattered on top or mixed through the batter would be a nice addition imo

Reposting this here because dietary potassium can be tricky to get enough of on a low carb diet
Whenever I do a 24 hour fast I've always had a bit of difficulty getting to sleep and almost feel a bit manic and unable to calm down and relax with my mind racing. I've started having a teaspoon (5g) of Cream of Tartar around dinner time and have had some of my best nights sleep in ages, Cream of Tartar is 20% potassium so I'm effectively supplementing an extra gram of Potassium every day.

Honestly can't emphasise enough how much better it's made me feel and sleep :thumbsu:

As of yesterday I'm carnivore again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another experiment, permanent or not sure?

I tried it for a month last year and saw some benefits but also found that I got very bored of just meat after a while. But really, I was eating different kinds of beef and that was it. This time I'm going to try with a wider range of meats and fish, plus also some dairy products, mostly butter and sour cream. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on it. I think I'll try and go to the end of the year then see how I feel.

Just got my lipid panel back. Doctor nearly had a nervous breakdown when he saw my total cholesterol number and of course gave me a script for crestor

Bazzar (or anyone else) do you have resource for all the lipid panel ratios that are worth checking
Best by a mile is Prof Ken Sikaris, Director of Chemical Pathology at Melbourne Pathology.
An expert who cuts through the BS and hysteria.
These are good to watch as it gives you good basic up to date knowledge that you can use to discuss with your GP.
It's hard for a GP to ignore the advise of a professor of his standing and qualifications.

Best by a mile is Prof Ken Sikaris, Director of Chemical Pathology at Melbourne Pathology.
An expert who cuts through the BS and hysteria.
These are good to watch as it gives you good basic up to date knowledge that you can use to discuss with your GP.
It's hard for a GP to ignore the advise of a professor of his standing and qualifications.

Thanks mate, I'll give those videos a watch

Had the most amazing roast beef for dinner tonight.

It weighs up low energy versus high energy carbs and recommends only to eat high energy carbs post work out, as well as ensuring you have a first class protein source in each meal as well as as many low energy carb/veg as you can fit to build metabolism.
What? I've no idea of the context of that post of mine you quoted as its 6 years old.

Hey guys. Was curious as to whether anyone has had any experience with using the ketogenic diet or a very low carb diet whether it be in season, pre season etc. and how it worked out for you?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys. Was curious as to whether anyone has had any experience with using the ketogenic diet or a very low carb diet whether it be in season, pre season etc. and how it worked out for you?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Read the low carb thread, plenty of discussion on there.

To answer your question, it depends on the individual and their goals. If you want to do it, it will take some time adjusting and seeing what works for you. IMO nothing wrong with KETO diets, but it aint magic.

Just got my lipid panel back. Doctor nearly had a nervous breakdown when he saw my total cholesterol number and of course gave me a script for crestor

Bazzar (or anyone else) do you have resource for all the lipid panel ratios that are worth checking
Triglycerides is the important one, what was that? Under 1.0 mmol/l is great - don't worry about total cholesterol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back