2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

IF we're limited to wearing the PB once or twice a year I would rather we wear it just the once in the Anzac day game.
I'd rather we not wear it against the Crows, there's no history with the PB and the Crows.

Great Idea, that's the guernsey Port Adelaide were wearing when the players went to war to defend our country.
The showdown idea is meaningless.

In 2020, when we play the Crows, I would like to see us wearing the jumper we had when we beat them in the first showdown.
Id rather see us in the jumper we wore to make the all walk away from their original clubs. The pb is a must, not only in all showdowns, but all bigger games the club plays, Anzac mcg, any nationally broadcast game....

Great Idea, that's the guernsey Port Adelaide were wearing when the players went to war to defend our country.
The showdown idea is meaningless.
Kidding yourself a bit there. Who are the only ones opposing is in the pb, a Collinwood ceo.. And crows supporters.. They would despise seeing us in that guernsey.

Kidding yourself a bit there. Who are the only ones opposing is in the pb, a Collinwood ceo.. And crows supporters.. They would despise seeing us in that guernsey.

Its a cop out to wear it for 2 games, we should be pushing to wear it every game especially once we leave the SANFL.

So first preference would be to wear Prison Bars in every game in 2020, looking increasingly like that won't happen.

Second preference would be the below, and yes I acknowledge that I've omitted the magenta jumper for no other reason than, I don't like it.

Prison bars
7​
Bib
3​
SBS
2​
Pink
2​
Blue hoops
1​
Indigenous
1​
Wing
1​

JumperReason
AdelaidePrison barsIt does elevate their position a little but hey, it'll wind them up as well
Brisbane LionsSBS First AFL premiership
CarltonPrison bars Champions of Australia
CollingwoodWing alternate (1997)First AFL game
EssendonIndigenous gurnseyTwo clubs did a lot in the 90's for indigenous boys
FremantlePrison barsThey should see the wharf pylons
GeelongSBS First win in AFL
Gold CoastBiBNo history
Greater Western SydneyBiBNo history
HawthornPink (1877-1883)They've used pink a bit, time to remind them we had it since way back
MelbourneBlue hoops (1870-1876)Founding club
North MelbournePink (1877-1883)A lot of clashes with Blue and White and damn I love that jumper
RichmondPrison barsFathers day massacre
St KildaBiBAssume this is in China, need to 'stay on message'
SydneyPrison barsCheer cheer the black and the white
West CoastPrison barsComplete clash with their jumper
Western BulldogsPrison barsComplete clash with their jumper

From where I sit, it's no longer about how often we wear it.

This is all about what I call the Collingwood Impediment.

Imagine sometime in the future that we end up travelling well and come up against Collingwood in a Grand Final. Let's say we win.
Do you think Collingwood would approve our use of the PB guernsey for the following year, Showdown or not?

We have handed over the decision on our own heritage merchandise, our own branding, our right to express our identity as we see fit, to a rival club.

Who the * does that?

Possibly a dumb question, but if we did just wear it, what would be the consequences?

Doing some research on McGuire, as I don't even see it as a Collingwood problem.
The Maguire clan motto is “Justia et Fortitudo Invincibilia Sunt”, which is Latin for “Justice and Fortitude Are Invincible”

Justice - lol

Possibly a dumb question, but if we did just wear it, what would be the consequences?
Anything the AFL wants to do. They make the rules. Any subsequent court action against them, makes it worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we haven’t handed it over, because the contract supposedly governing it doesn’t actually exist

Exactly. If it sounds absurd, it's because it is absurd. There is no agreement, there is no grounds for an agreement, there is no need for an agreement. We are the only sporting club in the world that allows another club to dictate what we can and can't wear. And we do it much more voluntarily than the weaklings who run our club will have you believe.

Last edited:
Exactly. If it sounds absurd, it's because it is absurd. There is no agreement, there is no grounds for an agreement, there is no need for an agreement. We are the only sporting club in the world that allows another club to dictate what we can and can't wear. And we do it much more voluntarily than the weaklings who run our club will have you believe.

That's my point, it doesn't matter if there's a contract if you defer to the 'big old established Victorian club' every time you want to wear it.

This is what needs to be flushed out.

Our supporters, even though they may not constitutionally have any power, (lolpun.), need to rally behind this.
Even if they prefer the BiB. Even if they support North Adelaide.

Doing some research on McGuire, as I don't even see it as a Collingwood problem.
The Maguire clan motto is “Justia et Fortitudo Invincibilia Sunt”, which is Latin for “Justice and Fortitude Are Invincible”

Justice - lol

So just to preface this, 1 unit = $1,000. So it's fair to say it would just be a fine (albeit a potentially hefty one)

4. Club Colours and Uniforms
4.1 Clubs and Uniforms
(a) For the purposes of these Regulations: (i) a uniform includes but is not limited to a guernsey, shorts, undershorts, socks, headbands and gloves; (ii) the Club named first in a fixture of a Match shall be deemed to be the home Club and the second named Club shall be deemed to be the away Club; and (iii) a home uniform means the uniform worn by a Club when it is the home Club and the away uniform means the uniform which may, subject to the direction of the AFL, be worn by a Club when it is the away Club.
(b) The AFL shall determine and may at any time vary the design, style, colour and fabric of a uniform as well as any item of uniform to be worn during any Match.
Sanction: Up to 5 Units for each Player, payable by the Player’s Club

4.2 Obligation to Have Uniforms Available Each Club shall maintain and have available for each of its Players a home uniform, an away uniform and an alternative uniform for all Matches as approved by the AFL.
Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

4.3 Exclusive Right to Wear Uniform
(a) Subject to this Regulation 4 and any specific directions given by the AFL, each Club has the exclusive right to wear its uniforms as set out in this Regulation 4
(b) No Club shall vary or attempt to vary its uniform without the prior written consent of the General Manager - Football Operations which he may grant or refuse in his absolute discretion.

4.4 Wearing of the Uniform
(a) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Home and Away Matches shall be as directed by the General Manager - Football Operations or his appointee. Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club
(b) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Finals Series shall be as directed by General Manager - Football Operations or his appointee.
Sanction: Up to 40 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

4.5 Obligation to Wear Correct Uniform and Items of Clothing
(a) Each Player shall wear: (i) the correct Player Uniform of that Player’s Club as prescribed by these Regulations and guidelines of the AFL; and (ii) such other items of clothing or apparel as may be determined by the AFL when attending events or functions organised or conducted under the auspices of the AFL.
(b) A Club shall ensure that its Players comply with Regulation 4.5(a).
Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform or item of clothing, payable by the Player’s Club

PB's and the current Home & Away should be it.. what are we a ******* circus???

I'd say PB's and that's it in an ideal world.

I'd be cool with:

1914 PBs
Current PBs
SBS
Chevrons

So just to preface this, 1 unit = $1,000. So it's fair to say it would just be a fine (albeit a potentially hefty one)

4. Club Colours and Uniforms
4.1 Clubs and Uniforms
(a) For the purposes of these Regulations: (i) a uniform includes but is not limited to a guernsey, shorts, undershorts, socks, headbands and gloves; (ii) the Club named first in a fixture of a Match shall be deemed to be the home Club and the second named Club shall be deemed to be the away Club; and (iii) a home uniform means the uniform worn by a Club when it is the home Club and the away uniform means the uniform which may, subject to the direction of the AFL, be worn by a Club when it is the away Club.
(b) The AFL shall determine and may at any time vary the design, style, colour and fabric of a uniform as well as any item of uniform to be worn during any Match.
Sanction: Up to 5 Units for each Player, payable by the Player’s Club

4.2 Obligation to Have Uniforms Available Each Club shall maintain and have available for each of its Players a home uniform, an away uniform and an alternative uniform for all Matches as approved by the AFL.
Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

4.3 Exclusive Right to Wear Uniform
(a) Subject to this Regulation 4 and any specific directions given by the AFL, each Club has the exclusive right to wear its uniforms as set out in this Regulation 4
(b) No Club shall vary or attempt to vary its uniform without the prior written consent of the General Manager - Football Operations which he may grant or refuse in his absolute discretion.

4.4 Wearing of the Uniform
(a) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Home and Away Matches shall be as directed by the General Manager - Football Operations or his appointee. Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club
(b) The uniform to be worn by a Club during the Finals Series shall be as directed by General Manager - Football Operations or his appointee.
Sanction: Up to 40 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform, payable by the Player’s Club

4.5 Obligation to Wear Correct Uniform and Items of Clothing
(a) Each Player shall wear: (i) the correct Player Uniform of that Player’s Club as prescribed by these Regulations and guidelines of the AFL; and (ii) such other items of clothing or apparel as may be determined by the AFL when attending events or functions organised or conducted under the auspices of the AFL.
(b) A Club shall ensure that its Players comply with Regulation 4.5(a).
Sanction: Up to 20 Units for each Player wearing an incorrect uniform or item of clothing, payable by the Player’s Club
85pts x 22 players x $1,000 = $1,870,000 + whatever punitive damages the AFL wants to add on - which they will and not just in one hit over one season. They would be vindictive about it.

EssendonIndigenous gurnseyTwo clubs did a lot in the 90's for indigenous boys

If you only want to wear our Indigenous guernsey once, it must be during Sir Doug Nicholls round, where there is no chance of Essendon not playing Richmond. I'm all for playing the Bombers in our Indigenous guernsey, but it will not be the only time we wear it. Wearing BiB for three matches and an Indigenous guernsey for one seems off, anyway, if you're looking back to the 90s as the start of our relationship with Indigenous players and work with Indigenous communities.

Re the 2004 guernsey, are we going to become one of those clubs that wins a premiership once every 70 years and proceeds to deify that team/year as though its the birth of baby Jesus or something? What part that guernsey has in our 150th year celebrations has me stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back