McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Yeah I must've missed the part where Shuey went to hospital and is in doubt for this week.

What a waste of everyone's time. McGovern challenges and then presents such a pathetic defence for his act of thuggery. Deserved ban.
What Bellchambers did was much more likely to create serious injury than what McGovern did. If the chair wasn't there would Guelfi have gotten 'injured'?

So I take it that there is something that is more dangerous than the hardness of the ground at Optus.
It’s those pesky white chairs inside the area

illegaleagle

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Leeds,Glory,
What Bellchambers did was much more likely to create serious injury than what McGovern did. If the chair wasn't there would Guelfi have gotten 'injured'?

How the hell did Bellchambers only get a fine should have been 2 or 3 weeks, it’s only because shuey didn’t get injured. AFL prob let him off to give essendon a chance against another interstate club this week in GWS

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't really think it's worth a week, especially given some of the stuff that players have been let off for.

Should have just had Gov fork out the cash for the Taxi fare and called it even.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
When the evidence of bias is so blatantly obvious, week in, week out, us WA supporters always get accused of conspiracy.

Can you not see the overwhelming evidence? Can you not see the ridiculousness of their decisions? Actually open your eyes and do some comparing.. ffs.
If these decisions actually affected your teams, you would be up in arms, alas the VFL players are a protected species. What more proof do you need than Ablett?

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
**** you VFL campaigners. Ablett elbows heads yeh no worries. Blokes from VFL teams push into fence yeh no worries. Gov coming up against a struggling VFL side next round 1 week. Scum so corrupt.
Maybe Perth players should stop pushing players into fences and breaking teenagers' jaws then?

Last edited:

illegaleagle

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Leeds,Glory,
Nice to see the AFL continues the precedent of applying a different set of rules for West Coast players. At least they're consistently inconsistent with their interpretations.

How does the one where the GWS guy get pushed directly into the fence with more ferocity only get a fine and this one a week, that one looked way more dangerous than the McGovern push

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I must've missed the part where Shuey went to hospital and is in doubt for this week.

What a waste of everyone's time. McGovern challenges and then presents such a pathetic defence for his act of thuggery. Deserved ban.
Your own coach said he only went to hospital to be cleared to fly home .
If the game was in Melbourne he wouldn't have .

Enjoy missing finals you cheating scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes. Everyone is out to get you.

This incident has been covered widely on TV and social media from a variety of sources. It has generated a lot of discussion because it is divisive. I dont really have an opinion on it - I can see both sides.

But to say Eddie was generating the discussion on the panel after it because Pies play West Coast in 3 weeks is just utter rubbish. It was a talking point like all reports that come out of a game. The most this incident was going to get was a week - did Eddie think he could get him done for 3 by raising it? Or get the week which will cause an issue for the Pies game in 3 weeks?

Take the tin foil hats off boys. Laughable.
Think the comments may have been made with tongue in cheek, as last time I looked Guv has only 1 weeks suspension and we don't play Collingwood for another couple of weeks! Think you need to lighten up a bit and take the comments just as a bit of banter. No need to be so precious when anything is said against Eddie.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
It's not low impact and it's not low intent. He's giving it everything he's got. Using such force, where did he think Guilfi would end up.

They like playing teams that are men down. It makes them look so much better.
Why would I expect anything different from a Freo supporter! Always negative re anything to do with West Coast.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
images.jpeg-96.jpg

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think the comments may have been made with tongue in cheek, as last time I looked Guv has only 1 weeks suspension and we don't play Collingwood for another couple of weeks! Think you need to lighten up a bit and take the comments just as a bit of banter. No need to be so precious when anything is said against Eddie.
Lol no they werent. Its was inevitable that Eddie was going to get dragged into it along with the normal Vic conspiracy rubbish. Always happens.

Also, I'm far from Eddie's greatest fan, in fact, I'd almost like to see a change soon so I'm certainly not precious about Eddie.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep... West Coast have been really harshly done by.. it's all a big conspiracy against you guys... you're so right !

lqakawxd0a211.jpg

and if you multiply this by a thousand it nearly compares to the advantage of having a GF played on your home ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back