Stadium Redevelopments

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Very sad. Have visited many times and one of my favourite European grounds. Unfortunately the facilities are not even second rate anymore and times have changed

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Very sad. Have visited many times and one of my favourite European grounds. Unfortunately the facilities are not even second rate anymore and times have changed

Italian stadia do need modernising. Juve have done it.

Surely Stadio Olimpico needs replacing, fans too far away and the stadium is far too big for Roma / Lazio.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I think it looks stunning and absolutely unique, helped in part by the constraints of the site (length wise). A much needed upgrade on Goodison, which I went to last year and the kick off was behind a column.

std.jpg

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

The old stadium will be demolished once the Bramley-Moore project is up and running, though rather than sell the Goodison site to property developers Everton intend to use it as public space and for a range of community initiatives the club already sponsors, including a permanent memorial to the ground which has seen so much in its 127 years.

lol yeah right. It'd be flogged off.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Goodison Park is a classic, it's a real relic of what a big club's stadium looked like in the 70s. not some massive curved bowl with a facade that dates in 15 years. I know they'd rip you off at the ground, but the columns really add to that feeling as well.

Shame it's being ditched for another Stadia Generico but they all will. gotta try and get to a game up there one day now. heard Liverpool's gotten way less funding these days though, anyone been there recently?

Back