Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a time frame, because he's out of contract.

Give him a thorough physical at the end of the year and if they reckon he can get back to AFL footy, give him a season on the rookie list.

If they have doubts, he gets cut. We've already lost a year of football out of him from a non football related issue.

Same goes for Garner, Jacobs and Wright yeah?

Surely Jacobs is a chance to retire on a negotiated package to void the contract?

Very possibly, but considering how he dug in over his contract at time It doesn't appear likely to me.

Of course, we all want him back and firing for another 150 matches.

Last edited:
Wright needs to go, got weak ankle and have been superseded by pittard. Would like to see McMillan moved on as well as he isn't really bringing anything to the table that Atley doesn't bring. I think we should move on from Jacobs as he has missed so much footy for him to be able to recapture his best. Daw is the only player we should keep as he is a unique player that we cannot find elsewhere easily. Should be training Dom Tyson to be a tagger.

Wright needs to go, got weak ankle and have been superseded by pittard. Would like to see McMillan moved on as well as he isn't really bringing anything to the table that Atley doesn't bring. I think we should move on from Jacobs as he has missed so much footy for him to be able to recapture his best. Daw is the only player we should keep as he is a unique player that we cannot find elsewhere easily. Should be training Dom Tyson to be a tagger.

Agree with Wright. His body is cooked

Jacobs doesn’t need much footy to get back to his best

Daw is a star

And Tyson is way too slow to become a tagger lol

Agree with Wright. His body is cooked

Jacobs doesn’t need much footy to get back to his best

Daw is a star

And Tyson is way too slow to become a tagger lol

Fine give him a brass knuckle let him do the behind play stuff, kamikaze man to take out important opp player......lol

Injury List
Jamie Macmillan - Calf - Test
Dom Tyson - Calf - Test
Sam Wright - Ankle - Test
Tom Wilkinson - Ankle – 1-2 weeks
Shaun Higgins - AC joint - 4-5 weeks
Tom McKenzie - Back - TBC
Aaron Hall - Knee – 1-2 weeks
Majak Daw - Pelvis/hips - Indefinite
Ben Jacobs - Head/neck – Indefinite
Bailey Scott – Foot – Indefinite
Will Walker - Knee – Indefinite
Ed Vickers-Willis - Knee - Season

List updated June 25, 2019

What’s Will Walker’s contract status? Sorry probably wrong thread.

Just go the North BF way and make something up kick off an artificial panic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury List
MacMillan will play seniors
Wright and Tyson will play VFL
Tom Wilkinson - Ankle – 1-2 weeks - good to finally have a return date even if it is 2 weeks
Aaron Hall - Knee – 1-2 weeks - also good news
Shaun Higgins - AC joint - 4-5 weeks - Round 20 Hawthorn game is my guess
Tom McKenzie - Back - TBC - He has been a TBC all season
Majak Daw - Pelvis/hips - Indefinite - who knows
Ben Jacobs - Head/neck – Indefinite - who knows
Bailey Scott – Foot – Indefinite - who knows
Will Walker - Knee – Indefinite - who knows

Very possibly, but considering how he dug in over his contract at time It doesn't appear likely to me.

Of course, we all want him back and firing for another 150 matches.
That was when he was getting over his foot injury and at least had a clear target and a likely return date. This current predicament seems to be about just hoping that one day it may come good.

Injury List
MacMillan will play seniors
Wright and Tyson will play VFL
Tom Wilkinson - Ankle – 1-2 weeks - good to finally have a return date even if it is 2 weeks
Aaron Hall - Knee – 1-2 weeks - also good news
Shaun Higgins - AC joint - 4-5 weeks - Round 20 Hawthorn game is my guess
Tom McKenzie - Back - TBC - He has been a TBC all season
Majak Daw - Pelvis/hips - Indefinite - who knows
Ben Jacobs - Head/neck – Indefinite - who knows
Bailey Scott – Foot – Indefinite - who knows
Will Walker - Knee – Indefinite - who knows

Walker is the biggest mystery. How could we have ****ed up a routine PCL injury that bad, that an entire off season and the entirety of the following season still don't even give us a likely return date?

Last edited:
Walker is the biggest mystery. How could we have ****** up a routine PCL injury that bad, that an entire off season and the entirety of the following season still don't even give us a likely return date?

I don’t think it’s the PCL holding him up. It’s a stress fracture just below the knee or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker is the biggest mystery. How could we have ****** up a routine PCL injury that bad, that an entire off season and the entirety of the following season still don't even give us a likely return date?
No surgery route, then stress spots. Not sure the club stuffed up anything. Injuries do happen in sport. As for the update, perhaps they don't know given the nature of the stress injury?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No surgery route, then stress spots. Not sure the club stuffed up anything. Injuries do happen in sport. As for the update, perhaps they don't know given the nature of the stress injury?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stop being reasonable. The highly paid orthopaedic surgeons at the top of their field and the club's physiotherapists must be sabotaging the players!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back