Round 15: Changes vs Carlton + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm confident if Sonny plays because we should keep them to a low score and Sonny should do enough to get us over the top. I think we are very vulnerable up forward without any of our best 3 KPFs and Sonny. Matera needs to kick a bag or, ideally, Cam comes in, pulls his finger out and kicks 4.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I'm confident if Sonny plays because we should keep them to a low score and Sonny should do enough to get us over the top. I think we are very vulnerable up forward without any of our best 3 KPFs and Sonny. Matera needs to kick a bag or, ideally, Cam comes in, pulls his finger out and kicks 4.
We ll have to play small. McCarthy in still makes us medium if that. Cerra will play his leading forward role again.
Really be nice to have Schulz or Ballas as an additional forward pressure type. But for who?

Hello Docker fans

I did a preview of our matchup this week.

Not going to lie, there isn't a single confident bone in my body about this week irrespective of if Walters plays.

Here's the video - best wishes for a great contest.

There it is, the kiss of death.

Think you're the third oppo supporter to come onto our board saying something along those lines. Richmond and Melbourne where the other two...

BlueAbroad

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
There it is, the kiss of death.

Think you're the third oppo supporter to come onto our board saying something along those lines. Richmond and Melbourne where the other two...

I can see it being very similar to R21 last year. We come out firing and then Ross makes the moves needed to clamp us down.

We’re a very poor road team.

Let’s see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
We ll have to play small. McCarthy in still makes us medium if that. Cerra will play his leading forward role again.
Really be nice to have Schulz or Ballas as an additional forward pressure type. But for who?
I think Mundy needs to spend time forward with Cox and Cam. Keep the talls at least a little bit accountable so the smalls can do the job.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
McCarthy has a lifeline this week. This is possibly his last chance to show that he deserves a new contract, and if he can't keep up with the rest anymore and fails to fire, then I'm afraid it'll be Sayonara Dardy, which is sad because he's an extremely talented player but he's been extremely lazy over these years.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy has a lifeline this week. This is possibly his last chance to show that he deserves a new contract, and if he can't keep up with the rest anymore and fails to fire, then I'm afraid it'll be Sayonara Dardy, which is sad because he's an extremely talented player but he's been extremely lazy over these years.

I agree in principle but Bennell is finished, Kersten probably is too, those two injuries might get him a reprieve and another year

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
There's probably 7 or 8 players that would be delisted before Cam.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's probably 7 or 8 players that would be delisted before Cam.
He is probably in the top 10 for talent but I reckon he is probably in the bottom 5 for effort. He has to be, no way someone with that many natural gifts can be so ineffectual a lot of the time.

I am a huge fan but he seriously needs to do something in the next 9 games.

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
He is probably in the top 10 for talent but I reckon he is probably in the bottom 5 for effort. He has to be, no way someone with that many natural gifts can be so ineffectual a lot of the time.

I am a huge fan but he seriously needs to do something in the next 9 games.
I'm not sure if you've been to training or not but what I've seen is someone who works as hard if not harder than anyone, I don't buy the lazy tag.
There's no doubt he's a confidence player and he's been played out of position for a lot of his time at Freo.
If he gets a gig this week he'll be played out of position again out of necessity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not sure if you've been to training or not but what I've seen is someone who works as hard if not harder than anyone, I don't buy the lazy tag.
There's no doubt he's a confidence player and he's been played out of position for a lot of his time at Freo.
If he gets a gig this week he'll be played out of position again out of necessity.
Bow to your experience here, never been to training. I just can't understand why he isn't better. You are dead right he is no 1st/2nd tall (he has no contested game) but gee, how is he not a gun 3rd tall? He has all the natural attributes for that position but just doesn't perform consistently.

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
Bow to your experience here, never been to training. I just can't understand why he isn't better. You are dead right he is no 1st/2nd tall (he has no contested game) but gee, how is he not a gun 3rd tall? He has all the natural attributes for that position but just doesn't perform consistently.
Simple, he hasn't been played there consistently.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Padded out with a bag v Norf but he still kicked 10 goals in 6 games, he wasn't that bad until a couple of poor games to get dropped.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
How about Nyhuis for added defensive pressure and get Tucker out. Cerra/ Blakely more time in middle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back