Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
It's becoming quite evident why recruiters really wanted a pick in the top half a dozen or so.

From what we've seen of Sam Walsh in our practice match, and by all accounts the way Rankine has performed justifies why clubs wanted a king's ransom for these picks.

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty bloody impressed by this guy yesterday. As good as his highlights video. Can do it against men, and is only going to get better and better. Going to be one special player.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Izak paying $26 to lead our goal kicking with the bookmakers

Seems like the kind of guy that will find the big sticks and if he plays 20 games could easily see him reaching 30 goals this year.
28 was our leading tally last year

To me these odds are all wrong

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 10.37.26 AM.png

Peter Wright - not a huge goal kicker, works up and down the field instead of playing deep, also had his fair share of injuries. although I think he probably is the rightful favourite - kicked 31 goals, multiple goals on 9 occasions in his last full season 2017.

Sam Day - never averaged more than 1 goal a game, kicked more than 2 goals only 5 times in his 110 game career
Jack Martin - kicked 24 goals in 2017 but position versatility has been an achilles heel for him with respect to kicking goals. Said to play more midfield this year
Alex Sexton - Leading goal kicker last year with 28 - 20 of those after the bye, decent shout for back to back goal kicking titles
Aaron Young - Kicked 20 goals in 22 games last year, probably outside best 22 for most Suns fans, haven't heard boo about him this preseason.
Nick Holman - went at 1 goal / game after the bye last year but clearly not guaranteed to be best 22 - was almost playing as our 3rd tall toward the end of the year and we have other options now.
Josh Corbett - kicked 22 goals 9 VFL games last year, untested at AFL level yet and injured to start the seaso
Ben King - training in defence, unlikely to play more than 10-15 games I would have thought
Rankine- confirmed best 22, will play almost exclusively forward with a few midfield cameos, orazio fantasia kicked 30 goals in his first full season and I can see Rankine matching that.
Lukosius - Probably won't play the full season, seems more likely to be a high forward rather than a deep forward.

If I were to order them in terms of probability leading our goal kicking I'd go

Wright > Martin > Sexton > Rankine > Day > Corbett > Young > everyone else

$26 for Rankine is value.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Izak paying $26 to lead our goal kicking with the bookmakers

Seems like the kind of guy that will find the big sticks and if he plays 20 games could easily see him reaching 30 goals this year.
28 was our leading tally last year

To me these odds are all wrong

View attachment 624735

Peter Wright - not a huge goal kicker, works up and down the field instead of playing deep, also had his fair share of injuries. although I think he probably is the rightful favourite - kicked 31 goals, multiple goals on 9 occasions in his last full season 2017.

Sam Day - never averaged more than 1 goal a game, kicked more than 2 goals only 5 times in his 110 game career
Jack Martin - kicked 24 goals in 2017 but position versatility has been an achilles heel for him with respect to kicking goals. Said to play more midfield this year
Alex Sexton - Leading goal kicker last year with 28 - 20 of those after the bye, decent shout for back to back goal kicking titles
Aaron Young - Kicked 20 goals in 22 games last year, probably outside best 22 for most Suns fans, haven't heard boo about him this preseason.
Nick Holman - went at 1 goal / game after the bye last year but clearly not guaranteed to be best 22 - was almost playing as our 3rd tall toward the end of the year and we have other options now.
Josh Corbett - kicked 22 goals 9 VFL games last year, untested at AFL level yet and injured to start the seaso
Ben King - training in defence, unlikely to play more than 10-15 games I would have thought
Rankine- confirmed best 22, will play almost exclusively forward with a few midfield cameos, orazio fantasia kicked 30 goals in his first full season and I can see Rankine matching that.
Lukosius - Probably won't play the full season, seems more likely to be a high forward rather than a deep forward.

If I were to order them in terms of probability leading our goal kicking I'd go

Wright > Martin > Sexton > Rankine > Day > Corbett > Young > everyone else

$26 for Rankine is value.
Wright > Rankine > Sexton > Martin > Ainsworth > Corbett > Burgess > Ah Chee

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Wright > Rankine > Sexton > Martin > Ainsworth > Corbett > Burgess > Ah Chee
Yeah I was only using those with provided odds
With the whole list I'd say

Wright > Martin > Sexton > Rankine > Day > Ah Chee > Corbett > Burgess

Don't think anyone else is likely at all.

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
The kids a generational talent, players like him come every decade or so.

One recruiter stated a couple of years ago he could have been playing AFL right now. He was 17 at the time lol, he’s that good and he knows it.
If he puts it together & works hard then the sky is the limit, I really hope he does because there aren’t many players that possesses the talent Izak has.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With rankine and Martin around that area do young and sexton fight for the same position now?
Sexton a starter for me. Dew mentioned in his presser that he struggled with best 22. He ended up with 30. Next week only 26 can play. We will get pretty good idea about the team.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Figured it was a joke but people tend to be a little less knowledgeable when it comes to the AFL draft and the players their team takes than most other sports so thought i’d write it anyway
Made me feel good, especially after watching Izak live in the flesh for the first time yesterday. Reckon his kick is at least the equal of Matera’s for accuracy and he definitely has greater length than fish ever did.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Made me feel good, especially after watching Izak live in the flesh for the first time yesterday. Reckon his kick is at least the equal of Matera’s for accuracy and he definitely has greater length than fish ever did.

Selling him short if your talking about Brandon, if we are talking about Peter that's something I can get on board with.

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What do you think about getting the pick crows get from Carlton likely pick 1 or 2 and pairing Rowell and Anderson together? What's a fair deal for rainkene? Would you do It? Crows need a small forward as Betts is getting old I think crows will definitely ask the question

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
What do you think about getting the pick crows get from Carlton likely pick 1 or 2 and pairing Rowell and Anderson together? What's a fair deal for rainkene? Would you do It? Crows need a small forward as Betts is getting old I think crows will definitely ask the question
I think unless he asks to be traded (which from his repeated comments/soundbites seems incredibly unlikely) then the is zero chance he's traded. Given what we saw in preseason, his value is north of pick 1/2 anyway, you'd need to be going significantly more than that, even if he declared he wanted to go home.

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think unless he asks to be traded (which from his repeated comments/soundbites seems incredibly unlikely) then the is zero chance he's traded. Given what we saw in preseason, his value is north of pick 1/2 anyway, you'd need to be going significantly more than that, even if he declared he wanted to go home.
He was taken with pick 3 and he had had back to back hamstring injuries I think pick 1 or 2 would be more then sufficient if a trade was to be made.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He was taken with pick 3 and he had had back to back hamstring injuries I think pick 1 or 2 would be more then sufficient if a trade was to be made.
I think so, but not sure about Craig CAMERON. .

* BECAUSE I don't have responsibility if Craig cameron get sack, I suggest you ask for GC Brisbane pick and next year second Rd pick back to Adelaide too.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Pick 1 or 2 wouldn't do it and as you brought up his injury history to lessen his worth, then why would you lot want him if he's injury prone.

And what has Grundy got to do with it. After all (if what you say is true) he went back from Melbourne. Just a tad different than going back from the Goldy. And has been repeated here in this forum constantly, the Suns have over 10 SA boys on the list, and not one of them has asked to go back to Adelaide, champ.

Pick 1 or 2 wouldn't do it and as you brought up his injury history to lessen his worth, then why would you lot want him if he's injury prone.

And what has Grundy got to do with it. After all (if what you say is true) he went back from Melbourne. Just a tad different than going back from the Goldy. And has been repeated here in this forum constantly, the Suns have over 10 SA boys on the list, and not one of them has asked to go back to Adelaide, champ.
I wouldn't worry, that was just a dig at me. But I'm not fussed. God forbid a guy go back to see his family and to see his brother play in the SANFL. Like its a crime..

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What was the point of us pairing 2/3 of the best SA kids in last years draft, just to trade one of them a year later so we could pair 2 of the best vic metro kids (notorious for not wanting to leave melbourne) in the next draft.

It makes no sense and you already have Ned McHenry to work with

Back