Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd prefer it to be someone with a little JS. im already carrying Gardner and Owies.
you've been talking up West for weeks so i hope he gets a run just so i get a chance to have a look at him.
hoping Jack Ross comes in for Poppy too...for my SC team and as a Hawks supporter. not sure what the chances are though.

i think i've convinced myself that Hately is the go with DeBoer missing long term. my team will be "complete"-ish and i've still got a few trades left so its not the end of the world if it goes pear shaped.
Surely Ross comes in this week. Jones a chance maybe too. Season is done. Time to see what the kids have. Jones form in the VFL has bee solid the last few weeks.

Re West, I don't have any specific info, but have followed his stats in the VFL. Not sure if he needs an injury to a first team player to get in, but surely he must be close to the top of the pecking order.

Posted in the discussion thread but ill psot here as probably more relevant....actually unsure here....upgrade last mid spot? Or Worpel/B.Smith luxury upgrades next?

Sitting 6,994th, so pretty happy and 8 trades too! Just unsure here.......Logue has made the defence interesting.

View attachment 698998

Id probably hold Smith because the def premiums bar Hurn or Stewart are weak and they wont shoot up in $ so do that last. Your fwd 6-8 is your weakest link like most peoples. Id be answerth down to a rookie if you can find one and then probably Clark or Baker upgraded next week to try and get a better F6 but i realise your cash limits you.

This is my team after my 2 trades which gives me 4 trades left

Laird Lloyd Hurn Sicily Smith Logue (Rozee Answerth)

Fyfe Bontempelli Macrea B. Crouch Cripps J. Kelly Sheed Treloar (Duursma
O. Baker Hind)

Grundy Gawn (Sweet)

Dangerfield Dunkley T.Kelly Marshall R. Gray Boak (Parker Gardner)

Might Start Duursma in Backline and Rozee would go to Forward Emergency for this week

16th overall but 4 trades left hoping for not many injuries

Treloar and Hind in, Balta and Settlefield out

Still considering Lycett as a forward and have one of mid/fwds as a Mid

Last edited:

Anyone planning to keep Brodie Smith or time to get rid of him

He is my D6, but I'll most likely bring in Logue this week as D7 and keep loop holing between the two for as long as possible.

Loopholing with Logue in D6 for now. Had more pressing issues elsewhere to attend to first.
The last 2 times everyone doubted Brodie he pulled out a pair of 96's. Hoping for more of the same this week.

I'm in the same boat, albeit with Logue to still come in.

His best run of scoring coincided with when Seedsman missed games. As soon as the Seed came back he reverted to crapping out bad scores but I think he is a good D6/7 option.

Does anyone have any different ideas this week. I could trade Duursma this week, but maybe looking at an upgrade next week.
Tried to get a loophole mid was my idea, so essentially a double downgrade. I'm not sure about Hanners.
I've got 10 trades and 125k, so can't get a higher premium unless Duursma is the target.
Would love your trade options or think my plan is alright.

Surely Ross comes in this week. Jones a chance maybe too. Season is done. Time to see what the kids have. Jones form in the VFL has bee solid the last few weeks.

Re West, I don't have any specific info, but have followed his stats in the VFL. Not sure if he needs an injury to a first team player to get in, but surely he must be close to the top of the pecking order.
Knowing Clarko he won’t bring any of them in, as he still in top 8 mode

Have not been confident with Hawthorn players this year and the one I bring in Sicily puts him straight to the forward line and then I go why why did I bring him in

We really need threads like that over here. Are there any statisticians with Excel skills within in our ranks?

The Excel part is not so hard, it’s scraping the data.
Guessing it’s r script-based.
I can code basic stuff in r (scraping data from individual googlesheet forecasts to compile a consolidated forecast, that sort of gear), but never tried it with external sites.
It’d be rvest library, would say.
If they do it manually, they deserve a medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 10.10.20 PM.png

275k in bank

Next week Duursma + Stack > Hurn + Ryan

Team complete w 3 trades remaining

Log D7 to cover an out in defence or mids (via Weller / Answerth DPP)
FWD + Ruck cover the main concern.

Does anyone have any different ideas this week. I could trade Duursma this week, but maybe looking at an upgrade next week.
Tried to get a loophole mid was my idea, so essentially a double downgrade. I'm not sure about Hanners.
I've got 10 trades and 125k, so can't get a higher premium unless Duursma is the target.

View attachment 699021

Looking at your bench stocks, bringing in another non playing bench doesn't seem wise, even if he does give you DPP.

I'd be looking maybe at a Duursma/Answerth to Stewart/Logue.
Strengthens your backline, and still leaves you with around 70k in bank if my calcs right.

Hope some of your other rookies moo a bit more, then be looking at Mid upgrades.

Ok so was all set to go answerth to logue and Hore to rich and now hately gets named. Should I stick to my trades or go Hore/answerth to logue and Baker to hately. Would leave me 5 trades and next week would be able to go up to Ryan as my last def upgrade instead. Would then leave 4 trades and once hately and logue had made enough cash I could downgrade 1 and upgrade the other to a mid 9 prem. Thoughts guys. Team before trades this week is C8FEE1F9-0592-48FC-A95F-B896AF047C94.png

Ok so was all set to go answerth to logue and Hore to rich and now hately gets named. Should I stick to my trades or go Hore/answerth to logue and Baker to hately. Would leave me 5 trades and next week would be able to go up to Ryan as my last def upgrade instead. Would then leave 4 trades and once hately and logue had made enough cash I could downgrade 1 and upgrade the other to a mid 9 prem. Thoughts guys. Team before trades this week isView attachment 699074
Stick to your initial plan IMO. You should get enough money out of Logue + Naish + the 3 kids on your mid bench to get good M9 cover without needing to burn a trade on bringing in Hately (who I think is a huge trap even if he makes his 80k this week).
Knowing campaigner Cameron Hately is just as likely to be dropped next week as he is to play the next 9 games but that's a risk I'd be willing to take in your situation. Keep the extra trade for a rainy day :moustache:

View attachment 699021

Dont like Vandermeer if you must get a cheapie go Cameron as it at least opens up the DPP with Setters.
Depending on how you can flick your DPP around id go Parker to a Hind/Cameron/Naish type and Duursma to Stewart. Leaves you about 140k and one more week for the mids to moo then you can go one up/down with Baker to a rookie and Clarke to a Crouch/Bont/Sloane etc type. Would give you 6 trades and only M8 to upgrade after that.

Am I the only one considering dumping Sicily (11 trades left)?

148 b/e and stands to lose around 50k over the next 2 weeks assuming he makes his average of 94 (which given his recent role/form seems improbable).

Ok so was all set to go answerth to logue and Hore to rich and now hately gets named. Should I stick to my trades or go Hore/answerth to logue and Baker to hately. Would leave me 5 trades and next week would be able to go up to Ryan as my last def upgrade instead. Would then leave 4 trades and once hately and logue had made enough cash I could downgrade 1 and upgrade the other to a mid 9 prem. Thoughts guys.

Hell of a team man :thumbsu:

I'd stick to your original plan.

You don't need Hately - complete your team and start banking those full premo points. Logue will (should) also be a solid D7 for the remainder of the season, so would be handy to hang onto him rather than rely on cashing him in a few weeks down the track. If your team is still without issue in 3-4 weeks, you can likely 1up/1down two of Baker/Clarke/Bewley anyway - so again, Hately likely not required.

I actually think Hately should get a good run of games here and would encourage people to grab him if they have the chance, but I reckon your team is looking the goods without him and he doesn't add a great deal of value for your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back