Alien/UFO Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't gotten around to watching the Rogan podcast yet, but looking forward to it.

Just finished it, will be interesting to see the reaction to it given Rogans reach & popularity as this will be the first many are hearing of the Lazar story. If the guy is a nut, he's a highly convincing one.

In some ways the podcast is better (or at least a very good accompaniment) to the Netflix doco as it gives you a better sense of the man, with no editing etc & you can just listen to him speak.

If this guy is a conman (who if so is on a 30 year long con & apparently not making a cent out of any of this & has had his life severely impacted by it all) or just a ufo nut job, he's very very good. I'm inclined to go the other way & believe every word I've heard him say.

In some ways the podcast is better (or at least a very good accompaniment) to the Netflix doco as it gives you a better sense of the man, with no editing etc & you can just listen to him speak.

If this guy is a conman (who if so is on a 30 year long con & apparently not making a cent out of any of this & has had his life severely impacted by it all) or just a ufo nut job, he's very very good. I'm inclined to go the other way & believe every word I've heard him say.
Same, haven't watched the podcast yet, am about to, but watching in the past I find myself believing him

I watch most Joe Rogan podcasts and have known of Bob Lazar and his story pre the podcast, I believe him.

Simple mathematics would suggest to me that there is other life in the Universe along all timelines of the evolutionary scale both more and less advanced than us. The evidence for that would be our existence, you can't tell me if it's happened once it would not of happened elsewhere in this infinite Universe.

I watch most Joe Rogan podcasts and have known of Bob Lazar and his story pre the podcast, I believe him.

Simple mathematics would suggest to me that there is other life in the Universe along all timelines of the evolutionary scale both more and less advanced than us. The evidence for that would be our existence, you can't tell me if it's happened once it would not of happened elsewhere in this infinite Universe.

But equally, you cannot tell me that if it happened once it MUST happen again. We have exactly one planet with life on it to examine. The conditions required for life as we know it are many, quite specific, and generally in a fairly small range of values (not just 'The Goldilocks zone'). Plus there needs to be some, or many, triggers. The Earth existed (as far as we can tell) for approximately one billion years before there was anything resembling life. That primitive proto-life existed for approximately 2-3 billion years (as far as we can tell) before the evolutionary process began that resulted in creatures with our level of intelligence. It appears that our levels of intelligence have only arisen in the last 1- million years or so. For the majority of time, intelligence level was not a strong selective force in evolution - for whatever reason.

It is definitely possible that life exists elsewhere in the universe. It is also possible it may have only been triggered in one place, and then spread across the universe. But we really have no idea whether that 'life' is meaningful to us at all. Just saying 'There's a lot of stars out there, therefore.........) is making an enormous amount of assumptions.

I have no idea. Not 'I don't know'. 'I don't know' implies I have some understanding of the problem, but insufficient data about the problem to form (in my view) an educated opinion. 'I have no idea' means I don't have enough understanding of what problem really is, or how big it is, or whether I'm asking ther right question at all.

But you know what - that's OK. A bit frustating, sure. I hope I will find out more about it in my lifetime.

But equally, you cannot tell me that if it happened once it MUST happen again. We have exactly one planet with life on it to examine. The conditions required for life as we know it are many, quite specific, and generally in a fairly small range of values (not just 'The Goldilocks zone'). Plus there needs to be some, or many, triggers. The Earth existed (as far as we can tell) for approximately one billion years before there was anything resembling life. That primitive proto-life existed for approximately 2-3 billion years (as far as we can tell) before the evolutionary process began that resulted in creatures with our level of intelligence. It appears that our levels of intelligence have only arisen in the last 1- million years or so. For the majority of time, intelligence level was not a strong selective force in evolution - for whatever reason.

It is definitely possible that life exists elsewhere in the universe. It is also possible it may have only been triggered in one place, and then spread across the universe. But we really have no idea whether that 'life' is meaningful to us at all. Just saying 'There's a lot of stars out there, therefore.........) is making an enormous amount of assumptions.

I have no idea. Not 'I don't know'. 'I don't know' implies I have some understanding of the problem, but insufficient data about the problem to form (in my view) an educated opinion. 'I have no idea' means I don't have enough understanding of what problem really is, or how big it is, or whether I'm asking ther right question at all.

But you know what - that's OK. A bit frustating, sure. I hope I will find out more about it in my lifetime.
Agree, I don't know either although IMO it would be extremely unlikely that life has occurred only once in the Universe, infinite Universe = infinite possibilities for life to evolve.

For such a fascinating story and the plethora of information this guy supposedly has, this has to be one of the worst documentaries ever made. It’s just flashbacks, weird collages and then the completely unnecessary Mickey Rourke voice over that is going for this deep, intense poetic feel but just comes across as trying way too hard and laughable at times.
Would’ve been better losing that sort of crap, along with the pointless phone conversations between the Corbell & Knapp where they’re just talking about Lazar, and maybe focusing on his so called schooling. I find it extremely odd that he claims to have gone to MIT but can’t verify it with one single person. The biggest credential we get is his wife saying ‘oh he just doesn’t lie’. And what’s even stranger is that Corbell doesn’t really question him on it.
By the way I’m not saying he’s lying, I actually believe him and obviously you’d be pretty naive to think there aren’t UFOs out there, but as far as documentary goes, this is an absolute shocker.

For such a fascinating story and the plethora of information this guy supposedly has, this has to be one of the worst documentaries ever made. It’s just flashbacks, weird collages and then the completely unnecessary Mickey Rourke voice over that is going for this deep, intense poetic feel but just comes across as trying way too hard and laughable at times.
Would’ve been better losing that sort of crap, along with the pointless phone conversations between the Corbell & Knapp where they’re just talking about Lazar, and maybe focusing on his so called schooling. I find it extremely odd that he claims to have gone to MIT but can’t verify it with one single person. The biggest credential we get is his wife saying ‘oh he just doesn’t lie’. And what’s even stranger is that Corbell doesn’t really question him on it.
By the way I’m not saying he’s lying, I actually believe him and obviously you’d be pretty naive to think there aren’t UFOs out there, but as far as documentary goes, this is an absolute shocker.

The film maker is a bit of a tosser, need to ignore him & focus on Bob, as I said in a earlier post, the podcast is better in some ways but the technical stuff in the doco was explained well imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the doco is a shocker, the director wierdly tries to make it about him more so than lazar and his story, the constant switching of camera angles is nauseating, the director sitting at his kitchen table in his 70's style wood cabin looking thing talking on his phone is terrible, the mickey rourke voiceover is pathetic, all those silly pointless effects the director puts in to say look what i can do how clever am i? Just distract from the story, it really is a poorly made doco which is a shame because the actual story itself is interesting.

Yeah the doco is a shocker, the director wierdly tries to make it about him more so than lazar and his story, the constant switching of camera angles is nauseating, the director sitting at his kitchen table in his 70's style wood cabin looking thing talking on his phone is terrible, the mickey rourke voiceover is pathetic, all those silly pointless effects the director puts in to say look what i can do how clever am i? Just distract from the story, it really is a poorly made doco which is a shame because the actual story itself is interesting.
Yeh the story is amazing, and with the right person it could’ve been a fantastic doco. I just don’t get why he was trying so hard, the story is more than enough to sell itself. From the opening clips when he was looking at his phone and it was like “FBI” “RAID” like it was in real time I had a bad feeling. And honestly what the * was the point of Mickey Rourkes voiceover?? About halfway through whenever he came on I actually started laughing.
Such a shame.

Obsessed with the Lazar story, but Corbell was not the man to tell it.

Absolute flog of a bloke....comes through in both this and the earlier Skinwalker ranch doco.

Bob was fascinating on the podcast but the orther guy, Jeremy, would say a lot without saying anything. I've seen the intro to the doco and I have a feeling he's going to be inserting himself into the doco where it isn't needed.

Bob was fascinating on the podcast but the orther guy, Jeremy, would say a lot without saying anything. I've seen the intro to the doco and I have a feeling he's going to be inserting himself into the doco where it isn't needed.

He does. Ruins the doco for me.

You should if the subject interests you as the technical stuff is good but yeah the film maker can be hard work at times but not enough not to watch imo.
I disagree. Even the stuff Lazar speaks about is hard to follow. The timeline is all jumbled and then there’s too much of Corbell himself in between Lazar to get a good flow of what’s happening. I listened to the podcast and think it’s s million times better, I’d also just get online and read stuff before watching the doco.
I’d suggest people only watch it if they’re extremely bored.

I disagree. Even the stuff Lazar speaks about is hard to follow. The timeline is all jumbled and then there’s too much of Corbell himself in between Lazar to get a good flow of what’s happening. I listened to the podcast and think it’s s million times better, I’d also just get online and read stuff before watching the doco.
Agreed. I said in another thread, even the podcast isnt that good, you can find more info elsewhere. Othwr interviews where Lazar goes more in depth

What might bore you may well fascinate others, that's not a reason for someone not to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back