World Cup Day 29 West Indies v India @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the Windies cause an upset.

Tipping India to win by 50 runs or by 3 wickets with 2.4 overs to spare.

West Indies like the pakkies are a real X factor teams can beat any team on their day.
And on the flip side.
They could be all out for 150 odd.

Imho west indies should of beat the Aussies.

The poms will be lucky to make it now.
I think they were abit overrated going into this WC.

Pakistan are a LOT better it's not even close. LOL at thinking West Indies should be ahead of us, we've been patchy at times but we are top of the standings...they are what 7th lol

Whether England makes it probably depends on the India match. That is a virtual Quarter final for them. Lose and they won't make it.

India win would be good. They can finish 1st and play 4th.

I fancy our chances in a semi against NZ.

I'd rather come first and play Pakistan or Bangladesh in the semi. NZ will be very dangerous in a semi if Boult gets early wickets (which he usually does)

Pakistan are a LOT better it's not even close. LOL at thinking West Indies should be ahead of us, we've been patchy at times but we are top of the standings...they are what 7th lol

Whether England makes it probably depends on the India match. That is a virtual Quarter final for them. Lose and they won't make it.

Im trying to avoid England who may also finish 4th. Could be a bonus to us having India and England play each other. Or the enigma that is Pakistan knock India out if they get 4th.

No not ahead of us.
WI should of beat us...they stuffed up big time.
The gayle no ball not called.
And bluemoon NCN batting and poor bowling from the windies.

Im trying to avoid England who may also finish 4th. Could be a bonus to us having India and England play each other. Or the enigma that is Pakistan knock India out if they get 4th.

There's optimism and then there is thinking Pakistan will beat India...what's it now about 10+ ODI's in a row India has won against them? Ideally India belt England next game. We win our games, come first, India drop their last game and we come top. Any series without England is a huge bonus for us. As long as we don't come 4th and draw India first up!

No not ahead of us.
WI should of beat us...they stuffed up big time.
The gayle no ball not called.
And bluemoon NCN batting and poor bowling from the windies.

LOL at thinking one ball made a difference, could have easily hit the next ball after the no-ball straight to mid on! Yes they stuffed up- because flat out they aren't that good. They are young and improving but the quicker they move from playing T20 ring ins the better and they severely lack a spinner, Ashley Nurse just won't cut it and he wasn't even playing against us. Shai Hope is developing but they need some more depth, Hetmeyer is a huge talent though. Look for them in 4+ years, they are still developing.

There's optimism and then there is thinking Pakistan will beat India...what's it now about 10+ ODI's in a row India has won against them? Ideally India belt England next game. We win our games, come first, India drop their last game and we come top. Any series without England is a huge bonus for us. As long as we don't come 4th and draw India first up!
Which is why I put 'the enigma". I threw up 2 hopeful scenarios. I'm not predicting what will happen. I'm just stating 2 outcomes which would be great for Australia.

Of course its optimistic but its Pakistan - who knows what the * they are capable of.

Why does everything have to be a debate and meticulously dissected and scrutinised with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pakistan had an off day, they generally are a better side. As long as they don't go full Pakistan and flop wickets left, right and centre. Been impressed with Pakistan this tournament. Them and SL the real surprise packets. I expected Bangladesh to do well (had them coming 5th in my pre tournament table)

Which is why I put 'the enigma". I threw up 2 hopeful scenarios. I'm not predicting what will happen. I'm just stating 2 outcomes which would be great for Australia.

Of course its optimistic but its Pakistan - who knows what the **** they are capable of.

Why does everything have to be a debate and meticulously dissected and scrutinised with you?

I'd not be expecting India to drop games against Pakistan, they are just that much better. Your other scenarios are a lot more likely. They have better batsmen (and the best ODI bat of all time) and they have the best bowling attack. We did play poorly against them have faith in the return match in the final hopefully we can get their measure. Need to bat a lot better but our bowling was pathetic that day.

Funny, west indies are like a two year old with a gun. They could take out a much more fancied opponent, with some crazy gayle/russel (although he's out) hitting and suddenly the game is beyond reach, or they could miss and be all out for 150.

I'd not be expecting India to drop games against Pakistan, they are just that much better. Your other scenarios are a lot more likely. They have better batsmen (and the best ODI bat of all time) and they have the best bowling attack. We did play poorly against them have faith in the return match in the final hopefully we can get their measure. Need to bat a lot better but our bowling was pathetic that day.
I'm not expecting it to happen either. Its just something that when I put my head down on my pillow and shut my eyes at night, I hope I wake up to that result the next morning should the 2 teams meet.

I certainly dont need to discuss the chances of that result or rank other possible outcomes.

I am not worried about Pakistan, they have never beaten us in world cup and they never will. Our main arch rivals are AUSSIES in ODIs. Hardest game in life is playing Australia in knockouts, they give their all.

Weather aside, tournament has been fantastic so far.

I'd rate this as one of the top half dozen or so matches on the schedule.

Can Hetmyer fire like he did in India and Gayle in the IPL?

Hopefully the Windies bat and put on 300 plus total.

Will be great to see the gauntlet throwm down and have Kohli and Dhoni in a position and test their chasing and finishing prowess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back