Round 15: Changes vs Carlton + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam coming in is ideal. We just need a third tall. The same fixture last season where he took Silvagni and tore him a new one kicking 3 goals and running him all over the forward half (Silv had 4 disposals and 1 mark 0 Tackles where Cam Mac 12 disposals for 3 goals 1 and 7 marks).

Do we play Mundy/Fyfe rotating forward with Cox and Cam as the taller forwards. Cerra off half-back and put Blakely in the middle to compensate for Fyfe or Mundy up front?

In: Cerra, Cam, Banfield
Out: Hogan, Shill, Bewls

B Joel Hamling, Nathan Wilson, Luke Ryan
HB Ethan Hughes, Griffin Logue, Cerra
C Bradley Hill, Nat Fyfe, Ed Langdon
HF Mundy, Brennan Cox, Michael Walters
F Sam Switkowski, Cam Mac, Brandon Matera
FOL Sean Darcy, Reece Conca, Blakely
I/C Andrew Brayshaw, Tucker , Banfield, Taylin Duman

Doubt they’d have played McKay in this weather anyways.

Cripps is such a big out, especially in the wet weather. Young bodies of Dow and Walsh aren’t going to cope with smashing into guys like Fyfe, Mundy, Blakely in the continuous stoppages

Cripps and the marking power of Curnow and McKay was what I was most worried about.

That's a horrible pair of outs for them

Yeah Cripps for obvious reasons.

Then McKay/Curnow/McGovern was our big weapon cause i think they could have really stretched your defenders Hamling/Logue and someone on McGovern...reckon our forwards would have fancied themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh if that’s the case you could go for some AFL area defensive records. Hold them goalless or something.

If we had Hogan, A.Pearce, Lobb, Sandilands, Taberner we’d have both aerial and ground dominance. At the moment our key positions are probably worse than them. We just have the midfield to compete. I’ll be happy with a win.

Yeah Cripps for obvious reasons.

Then McKay/Curnow/McGovern was our big weapon cause i think they could have really stretched your defenders Hamling/Logue and someone on McGovern...reckon our forwards would have fancied themselves.
Have you heard of a guys called Luke Ryan ?

They aren't tanking unless the Crows have paid them off.

Makes sense in some regard. Arguably the hardest trip in footy to the hardest deck when your season is over. Why would you risk either Cripps or McKay for that? I'd hope we'd do the same in that position.

I am sure if they were 6-7 both would have played.

He ranks elite for intercept marks and hasn’t been out stretched once this year so to say a fwd line that has kicked 100 pts twice in a couple years(3rd worst attack) is going to stretch (3rd best defence) hamling(one of the best one on one defenders) Ryan and logue ( pure athlete warming up nicely)
Is a bit of a stretch

He ranks elite for intercept marks and hasn’t been out stretched once this year so to say a fwd line that has kicked 100 pts twice in a couple years(3rd worst attack) is going to stretch (3rd best defence) hamling(one of the best one on one defenders) Ryan and logue ( pure athlete warming up nicely)
Is a bit of a stretch

I know how good Ryan is.

Stats like 3rd worst attack is misleading as when talking purely about our tall forwards, it doesn't count the fact that they have less opportunities due to less I50's and lower quality ones from our weaker midfield.

My point was our 3 tall forwards McKay/Curnow/McGovern are one of our weapons and in isolation, all can be a handful for defenders. Therefore McKay out hurts us.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Curnow (10 goals in last 2 weeks) would have fancied himself on Logue (recently back in the side), Hamling may have been able to contain McKay but still would have his hands full and McKay requires close attention, and McGovern is capable of a big mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back